• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
My final divorce court appearance before a judge is approaching.
My Divorce Attorney seems strange to me and we do not "click"
He has a missing sensitivity chip.

Any advice is appreciated.

Husband has no attorney, he fired them when I said we could try to reconcile

That did not work out, which is why I kept my Divorce Attorney.

TIA for any advice! I am stressed and nervous.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
OP is a beach bunnie.

xoneinax (Mar. 22, 2017 @ 8:32p) |

You wish he was.

Crazytree (Mar. 22, 2017 @ 11:39p) |

Good evening to my FW Community: 

To Update:

He is not entitled to iron clad trust money X 2

So I can relax on that front. ... (more)

chatterweb (Mar. 25, 2017 @ 11:27p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
What is your question?

rated:
If you don't 'click' with your attorney, don't date him and just use him as legal counsel?

rated:
It seems that some attorneys, especially practicing in divorce, would probably love to get a testimonial from you.

"Joe Shyster is an unmitigated bastard who's had his last shred of sensitivity surgically removed."

But if you don't like working with him, find another. They can tell you if that raises any problems with the current court schedule.

rated:
taxmantoo said:   If you don't 'click' with your attorney, don't date him and just use him as legal counsel?

I never want to 'click' with my attorney, I never want to click with a shark in the ocean either.

Sounds like you'll do very well since hubby doesn't have a lawyer.  He fell for your reconciliation trick, that one didn't work on me.

rated:
I am not gonna do that. I am nervous because I do not know how husband responded to my petition.

My attorney says he cannot tell me because he is not at his office.

I want time to plan and stuff. I guess I can file or threaten to file a RO on Husband again. He will back down because weapons are most important to him.

rated:
I needed an attorney once. I found the biggest jerk (to put it nicely) in town. I couldn't stand him! He was a jerk even to me... I figured if he's this bad to his clients, it must be horrible on the other side. Long story short, he was probably the best attorney I could have chosen. So, are you trying to make friends or are you looking for a good attorney?

rated:
taxmantoo said:   If you don't 'click' with your attorney, don't date him and just use him as legal counsel?
  You don't find your attorneys on Tinder?? 

rated:
No divorce client is going to like their attorney. You're paying them to be objective, and to get the best possible outcome given your circumstances. You are almost always going to be unrealistic about all of that and disappointed with the results, even if they did the best they could. Only another attorney is going to be able to judge their skills.

rated:
TravelerMSY said:   No divorce client is going to like their attorney. You're paying them to be objective, and to get the best possible outcome given your circumstances. You are almost always going to be unrealistic about all of that and disappointed with the results, even if they did the best they could. Only another attorney is going to be able to judge their skills.
  My  attorney is team nobody but the courts. he Believes in the 50/50 Cali rule.

He goes by the Courts book, not team me.

I am seeking my own counsel; myself

I need to move 188 grand plus 13 grand plus 7 grand asap.

I have a couple family members lined up to help me. I will be compensating them and will write up a contract also. I just got 200K last week finally.

But I need it gone, after the divorce is finalized, I will pay my Ex Hubbie, aka Captian Tantrum off about 10K.

He is an alkie and a spendaholic and a fake Biblethumper. He beat the crap out of me several times while hiding behind the word of God.

Shame on him.

I Will Prevail! I am stronger younger and smarter, and not on the booze either

rated:
OP,

I'm sorry for what's been done to you.
It sounds like you're a good person, but for your future, you must act legally, as if they accuse you of hiding money, you can lose everything.
Instruct your attorney what your objectives for a "fair" settlement are, for you and your ex.
Things will get better, but you will need to move on and start a new page in your life.

rated:
chatterweb said:   
TravelerMSY said:   No divorce client is going to like their attorney. You're paying them to be objective, and to get the best possible outcome given your circumstances. You are almost always going to be unrealistic about all of that and disappointed with the results, even if they did the best they could. Only another attorney is going to be able to judge their skills.

I have a couple family members lined up to help me. I will be compensating them and will write up a contract also. I just got 200K last week finally.

But I need it gone, after the divorce is finalized, I will pay my Ex Hubbie, aka Captian Tantrum off about 10K.

He is an alkie and a spendaholic and a fake Biblethumper. He beat the crap out of me several times while hiding behind the word of God.

Shame on him.

Im no divorce expert, but it is probably sub-optimal from a pure game theory perspective to tell the entire internet about your plans to fraudulently funnel all of your assets through your family prior to said divorce proceedings.

rated:
chatterweb said:   
I want time to plan and stuff. I guess I can file or threaten to file a RO on Husband again. He will back down because weapons are most important to him.

My wife went after my guns too.  Judge asked if I've ever threatened his client...'NO', Did he ever brandish a weapon or threaten to use a weapons...'NO'.  This is Georgia, the judge chuckled and said motion denied.

rated:
chatterweb said:   

Shame on him.

This is unreadable, I suspect Troll?

If it's real, you'll do fine because Hubby has no lawyer...he's a lamb being led to the slaughter.

rated:
chatterweb said:   

Shame on him.

Just hope your husband doesn't know your FW user name (which you have been using for 12 years!)... geez

**ah-ha moment**

This is actually the husband posting under the wife's FW account to set her up.  Has to be...  

rated:
If you are caught hiding 200k, there is a pretty good chance instead of losing 50% you'd lose 100%. And maybe jail time. Your husband can beat you everynight while drunk, but that doesn't legally justify you hiding assets from the court.

This isn't the site for advice on how much you don't like your lawyer.

rated:
chatterweb said:   

Shame on him.

I'm no attorney, but I think "believing in the 50/50 cali rule" is probably his job. He spends a lot more time in the courtroom than you do, so I assume he knows how divorces go, even when there is/was physical abuse. I suppose you can find an attorney to help you illegally shield assets from your husband out of spite because he beat you. But it sounds like your current attorney enjoys having a law license, so I wouldn't count on him doing anything to help you that will jeopardize his future. I sure as hell wouldn't.

rated:
You probably won't listen but lying to the court and trying to hide funds never ends well. Ask my ex how that worked out for him.

rated:
It's California and you're a woman divorcing so it's essentially a sham court.

The court will shower you with his money, even if the divorce was your fault and you have a good job.

rated:
brettdoyle said:   It's California and you're a woman divorcing so it's essentially a sham court.

The court will shower you with his money, even if the divorce was your fault and you have a good job.

lol Not so; I am a man 57 and will be receiving $1350 a month alimony for life unless i remarry or cohabitate with a person of the opposite sex .  Divorced last year in California; Just so happened  right before my divorce I retired and my income dropped almost 30% to $57k a year; My ex 8 years younger than me has a good paying RN supervisor job paying her $115k. In California the judge by law tries to equalize the incomes of both parties. My ex can petition the court to reduce alimony if her income drops significantly; This will not  happen to me as she will get 90% of her pay when she retires with the county. All divorce lawyers know what  you are entitled to by law. The good ones are great negotiators. 

rated:
chatterweb said:   I am not gonna do that. I am nervous because I do not know how husband responded to my petition.

My attorney says he cannot tell me because he is not at his office.

If you don't know how he responded, you need to fire your lawyer yesterday.  The response went to the court and the lawyer got a copy.  Unless he just got the document this morning, there's an issue.  

rated:
chatterweb said:   

Yeah thats a great idea to leave a paper trail.

rated:
I just had a brilliant idea.

I am gonna cancel my divorce.

rated:
chatterweb said:   I just had a brilliant idea.

I am gonna cancel my divorce.

Sounds like that is the way to get back at the hubby.  

rated:
Pic?

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   Pic?

I have plenty of them... pm me, I am a Cougar also...

1. Get a restraining order
Season it for a week or so then:
Boom~!
2. Let my divorce Attorney know that "we reconciled" Hey man, It happens all the time in America, rite??
2b Legally change my name back to my Maiden name
3. Hide my assets in some special needs trust for myself ( I am disabled) wink wink

4. File for Divorce on my own with no lawyer. Or maybe Paralegal help...?

rated:
It's becoming pretty clear how there could be friction between you and a licensed attorney.

rated:
None of this is relevant if I decide to reconcile.

And he already moved out last December after he broke my fingers.

I let him move back home after the Restraining Order was expired. He detested that order so much.

We were "friends" I was still planning on divorcing him.

I felt sorry for his beloved 150 lb mutt

He was gonna lose the mutt or have to move out of a garage in the barrio.

So, he asked me if he could be my room mate for 560 a month.

I said sure!

That was May 2016-December 2016.

Then,  in December, I decided to bring home a chic from a bar, he got pissed, was drunk, ran her out and proceeded to strangle me and break my fingers.
Some neighbor called the cops.
Cops came, I did not press charges, He was Terrified that I would.

I kicked him out next morning. He left the damn dog, his dirt bike all his stuff, 20 cases of bottled h20, and 18 cases of Cup o noodles, I donated to an Orphanage.
And 4 cases of Gourmet MRES

rated:
Wow Chatterweb, you sound like the other two threads about Man letting ex GF live in the home. He broke your fingers? And you want to reconcile? Ouch.

rated:
Should I pop some popcorn for us?

rated:
chatterweb said:   
ZenNUTS said:   Pic?

3. Hide my assets in some special needs trust for myself ( I am disabled) wink wink

Yes, there is no doubt about that.  I'm just not sure it's a physical disability.

rated:
I think I saw this story on jerry springer.

rated:
Whatever you decide to do, please keep this thread updated.

rated:
Sounds like a real winner... I would renew vows

rated:
He wont bother me especially if I threaten him w a new Restraining order, he will leave me alone.

I plan to give him $, but prefer to keep a public judge out of my private life.

I cannot go to jail.

There are cameras everywhere and I am a Cougar wink wink

rated:
Pic? I get to California a couple times a year...

rated:
See this kind of situation is why I don't give kitchen knife sets as wedding gifts any more.

I'm not going to be responsible for providing them weapons.

rated:

lolwut (44.75kB)
Disclaimer
You brought home a girl from a bar and he broke your fingers?

rated:
wp746911 said:   If you are caught hiding 200k, there is a pretty good chance instead of losing 50% you'd lose 100%. And maybe jail time. Your husband can beat you everynight while drunk, but that doesn't legally justify you hiding assets from the court.

This isn't the site for advice on how much you don't like your lawyer.

If discovered, the asset could be forfeited pursuant to Family Code Sec. 2556.

Skipping 33 Messages...
rated:
Good evening to my FW Community: 

To Update:

He is not entitled to iron clad trust money X 2

So I can relax on that front. I spoke to the Elder Law Attorney who created the Iron Clad Living Trust in 2007 for a family member who passed a few years ago.

The trust from this year is iron clad also. 

Spouses are not allowed to go after trusts or inheritances if the trust is iron clad,  translation: Hire a Real Elder Lawyer or Special Needs Lawyer to Keep your assets safe.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017