Anybody use www.gov-auctions.org

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Anybody use this site to find car auctions?

I'm looking to buy a used car and try to get a great deal on it. Anyone have any experience w/ a police auction?

I live in California, and would not be leaving the state for an auction.

TIA

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

big ballers don't need great deals. they buy brand new for MSRP.

On a serious note...just checked out the website. Seems a bit shady since I think you can get most of the information yourself for free

how can I get the info for free?

A quick google search shows bunch of search-hack to promote it. VERY VERY bad sign, grasshopper.

I thought by now people would know how to spot a questionable site. I guess not.

Just search your local auction house or call your local utilities to see who they use to auction off their stuff. There are usually one or two big place that handles most of the local government stuff.

I've purchased several vehicles through government auctions, both surplus municipal fleet vehicles and impounded vehicles, through both live auctions and online.  You don't need to pay a fee for listings through an outfit like you've identified.  The data they're selling is free if you just search on your own.  It is pretty easy to figure out who your local municipalities are using - some use eBay, some use govdeals.com or publicsurplus.com, and I'm sure there are others.  They work directly with the municipalities to list their property.  What other questions do you have?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017