I need to find 2 million dollars being sheltered in a divorce

Archived From: Finance
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just obligatory...I have a "friend" that is getting divorced and the deadbeat is sheltering money... I just know it, I can't reveal my sources.  Anyhow, how can we find these funds?

Member Summary

Banana Stand
Thanks Buckmann
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Inn calif I was going through a divorce and my SO told her atty that I had cars ,property ,airplane and cash hidden .Of ... (more)

yaknart33 (Mar. 25, 2017 @ 1:25p) |

Not in my experience, and I find these assets regularly.  Usually the concealed asset is by its very nature an income-pr... (more)

Crazytree (Mar. 25, 2017 @ 5:18p) |

Divorce attorneys are the biggest scammers out there.  They will, almost without exception, completely rape the communit... (more)

Crazytree (Mar. 25, 2017 @ 5:24p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i'm sure the divorce attorney has good PIs on speeddial

Court Order, maybe LexisNexus, Credit Report of deadbeat

The simplest way is to subpoena bank records

The money is in gold and silver and buried in the desert.
Court Order, maybe LexisNexus, Credit Report of deadbeat
The simplest way is to subpoena bank records

EvilCapitalist said:   The simplest way is to subpoena bank records
Even easier would be to just log in to her Fatwallet account.  

The money is in the banana stand.

Hide the money under the big 'W' and send the investigators on a mad cap world scavenger hunt.

bigdinkel said:   The money is in the banana stand.

The money is ALWAYS in the banana stand.  

forbin4040 said:   Hide the money under the big 'W' and send the investigators on a mad cap world scavenger hunt.
  But then you risk Carmen Sandiego Syndrome. 

Since you disclose no facts at all, your friend might not even be entitled to any of the suspected stash, like if it was separate property from an inheritance. So your friend needs to consult with a good divorce attorney in their state who can assess the situation and then investigators can be hired. If the attorney isn't interested in uncovering this allegedly stash then get a second opinion and if both line up then well you and your friend are probably the unrealistic ones.

Cashman said:   
bigdinkel said:   The money is in the banana stand.

The money is ALWAYS in the banana stand.

There's always money in the banana stand. 

Don't worry your spouse would be committing multiple felonies & you'll receive the lions share while they rot in prison.

acroBios said:   Since you disclose no facts at all, your friend might not even be entitled to any of the suspected stash, like if it was separate property from an inheritance. So your friend needs to consult with a good divorce attorney in their state who can assess the situation and then investigators can be hired. If the attorney isn't interested in uncovering this allegedly stash then get a second opinion and if both line up then well you and your friend are probably the unrealistic ones.
  I guess you don't read the other threads.

With 2 million at stake, you should hire a forensic accountant. 

Dus10 said:   Just obligatory...I have a "friend" that is getting divorced and the deadbeat is sheltering money... I just know it, I can't reveal my sources.  Anyhow, how can we find these funds?
  sounds like the deadbeat that is trying to get free money is accusing the one with money to be the deadbeat..

I just got an update. Apparently it's now 200 million.

Is this thread related in any way to this one: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1560732

We don't earn enough from being on FW to be the most effective PI. Someday, just someday in the very near future we'll get there. For now we are good armchair lawyers, plumbers and auto accident investigators.

Rubl said:   Is this thread related in anyway to this one: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1560732
  Trolling a troll.

The wolf of Wall St had some interesting ideas for sheltering money. Rent that, check in similar places, and see if your missing money turns up

Uncle Jack might find it for a cut, but don't bring your brother in law.

We need pictures

Depending on the ratio of gold to silver this is about 150 lbs of metal. It would be very difficult to detect by typical remote sensors even if one knew the general location. Best bets: subpoena all cc/bank records to look for clues like gas, food, metal boxes purchased, hotel receipts that might give you a clue to the general location. Find the new girlfriend and follow her. Look for land purchases/leases in his name or the name of a close friend or an assumed name. Put a tracker on his car he will eventually go the check if it is still there. Scam him if you know what the gold looks like or have someone tell him his ex has been selling gold coins recently at cash for gold then follow him.

Sure, if you can figure out if the concealing spouse has an account at some small local credit union with two offices outside of Boise, Idaho.

Crazytree said:   
  Sure, if you can figure out if the concealing spouse has an account at some small local credit union with two offices outside of Boise, Idaho.

It will be the one with the best checking account signup bonus.  

Thread Subject said: I need to find 2 million dollars being sheltered in a divorce
dollas

I am not sheltering money! I developed a gambling problem

Rubl said:   Is this thread related in anyway to this one: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1560732What?
No.
Fatwallet has multimillionaires left and right. This is just another day in FWF land..

I know of a friend of a friend who is a consultant for stuff like that. He uses a baseball bat but charges 50% commission. If interested, his name is Tony

Dus10 said:   Just obligatory...I have a "friend" that is getting divorced and the deadbeat is sheltering money... I just know it, I can't reveal my sources.  Anyhow, how can we find these funds?

the thing is: the chick did not "click" with the divorce attorney

Sounds like a guy is trying to keep his money and the wife is trying to get as much as she can. Sucks being the successful one in a relationship.

I have it at my house....its in a room just for my cats.....to get it ...you must be a size 0 and be great looking.

This is why most 
men no longer what to be
married or get married.
Go to WalMart ....walk around...do you see any housewife there you
would like to share your bed with??????
I pity the man who is hooked to one of these 200 pounders.

These guys may know where it could be:  

belgique said:   This is why most 
men no longer what to be
married or get married.
Go to WalMart ....walk around...do you see any housewife there you

???????

cattlet said:   
belgique said:   This is why most 
men no longer what to be
married or get married.
Go to WalMart ....walk around...do you see any housewife there you

???????

I think Belgigue got burned by a woman.

But my local WalMart does have a few 200lb girls, but most of them are quite MILFable.  Might depend on the area.

GADOM said:   Depending on the ratio of gold to silver this is about 150 lbs of metal. It would be very difficult to detect by typical remote sensors even if one knew the general location. Best bets: subpoena all cc/bank records to look for clues like gas, food, metal boxes purchased, hotel receipts that might give you a clue to the general location. Find the new girlfriend and follow her. Look for land purchases/leases in his name or the name of a close friend or an assumed name. Put a tracker on his car he will eventually go the check if it is still there. Scam him if you know what the gold looks like or have someone tell him his ex has been selling gold coins recently at cash for gold then follow him.

https://www.automatic.com/pro/

Cheapest concealed option

Skipping 8 Messages...
yaknart33 said:   Inn calif I was going through a divorce and my SO told her atty that I had cars ,property ,airplane and cash hidden .Of course I was paying for most of her attys bills.They run a complete

check on my "hidden" assets and found nothing ,except she had gone on a spending spree after the legal separation.Her spending was her responsibility,so that got taken from her part of my

money.We had come to an agreement for splitting the value of everything we owned ,her atty told her not to sign the papers yet.He was still investigating my financials,actually he was trying

to add additional atty fees for me to pay.One month later she was killed in a car accident ,guess who was the legal heir to insurance claims ? I was .On behalf of my two kids [I had full

custody of them ] I received a large settlement from the at fault drivers insurance co. This also meant that the extra fees he was seeking and temporary alimony stopped immediately.I had the

pleasure of telling her atty to go f#@$ himself and if he pursues me for the unpaid fees I would make him account for every penny of his charges.Never heard from him again.If she would have

signed the final papers this would have been a different outcome.It shows that attys will run up the bill as high as possible without any regard for either side,just taking as much as they

can . Billing for every false accusation my SO claimed ran the bill up by over twenty thousand more then it should have been.

Divorce attorneys are the biggest scammers out there.  They will, almost without exception, completely rape the community estate... and be happy to leave you homeless by the time they are done.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017