UK court ruling leaves woman "trapped in loveless marriage" because they don't have no-fault divorces there

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This information would not applicable to most readers here, but it is applicable to some FW members (who are from the UK or perhaps going to be married under UK law) --

and I thought this was interesting in a general sense. 

I had known that the UK had some convoluted rules about divorcing,
especially if one of the pair wasn't blamed for being at fault (under a limited set of "fault" options), in order to make things go quickly,

but I didn't realize that this could happen -- that the party who was being blamed by the other party could refuse to take the blame, meaning that the initiating party was forced to stay in the marriage
(at least, for another 5 years until the initiating party could prove that there had been a 5-year "separation", if the other party continued to refuse to allow a divorce under any other circumstances).

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/mar/24/tini-owens-trapped-loveless-marriage-judges-refuse-divorce 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Seems like a good financial opportunity... start a service of call girls that seduce the husband thus causing a fault divorce.

brettdoyle said:   Seems like a good financial opportunity... start a service of call girls that seduce the husband thus causing a fault divorce.
I did see a newspaper article a couple of years ago about a British company that, for a fee, would Target people's spouses/partners on internet dating sites, "date" them and record evidence of that, then report back to the other spouse/partner.

I am not sure if they were doing that to provide evidence for fault divorces, or just to prove cheating was going on for general purposes.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017