• filter:

8% to 10% for investing in studio trailers (min $25k)

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
These are not FDIC insured and terms are around 3 years.
LINK
Website said: MPI provides three levels of protection for our lenders. These protections enable us to provide stock-market like returns with bank-account level risk. The protections are:

1. All loans are backed by hard assets, on which the lender (you!) is the lienholder
  2. MPI makes sure all assets are fully insured
  3. MPI amortizes its loans, reducing the lenderís capital exposure with each payment

MPI delivers these returns by using the borrowed money to purchase studio transportation vehicles (cast trailers, makeup trailers, wardrobe trailers, bathroom trailers, etc), and then leases these vehicles to studio equipment rental businesses. The rental businesses cover the insurance and maintenance of the vehicles, thus protecting the assets underlying MPIís loans. Traditional funding sources, like banks, donít offer such loans on studio equipment because the annual loan volume is not high enough for appraisal companies, like Kelley Blue Book, or the banks to become experts in the industry. MPI is an expert in the studio equipment business, and thus can make these loans with confidence.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
A hard money lending site with no physical address available on the site. What could go wrong?

rated:
I might be interested in buying one of your "hard assets" in a repo sale...

rated:
I bet the percentage markdown on these in their secondary market is approximately the same as for timeshares.

rated:
Looks promising and coincidentally I will soon have disposable funds from a Nigerian prince to invest. Perfect timing! Or maybe I can just pledge my Enron shares.

rated:
Having worked in the film business for 20 years, including a long stint in transportation, I can tell you this is *not* the way this works and this is probably a scam, or folks who are ignorant/naive. The vehicle/trailer rental business is a net loss for most owner operators.

rated:
When a sales pitch starts with : "What would you do with an extra $3,000, $10,000, or even $25,000 in your bank account?" Its time to walk away.

rated:
jerosen said:   When a sales pitch starts with : "What would you do with an extra $3,000, $10,000, or even $25,000 in your bank account?" Its time to walk away.
† Unless it's the Bubble King or an H&B dealer. Then it's legit.

rated:
I'm feeling pretty good about this. If you go to their parent company website, www.mpifinancial.biz it seems totally legit. I mean, they have a "Slide 2", "Slide 1", and "Slide 3" - in that order!

They even have colored boxes "Testimonial Video 1", "Testimonial Video 2", and "Testimonial Video 3"

Clicking through their site, who really wants to be bothered by details?

I'm in.

rated:
it's time for another trailer thread, yes!

rated:
8-10% for essentially a high-risk mobile home loan that should be 20%? With a dodgy intermediary selling it as an investment? Pass.

rated:
And the money in this is from a getting a day rate as the generator guy. Not just a passive return on capital for buying an Agreko and a truck to haul it around with.

rated:
With the three levels of protection, I am sold. But the maximum investment level is 150k. I am looking more in the 3-5 million dollar range. Will have to pass!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017