AmEx Authorized User Statement Credit Issue

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I opened 3 AUs a few months ago based on an offer by an agent over the phone. He clearly stated each AU gets a $25 statement credit for each $250 spent. I did all that but got only one $25 credit. I called today and was told the term clearly states only one credit regardless of the number of AUs. I replied the previous agent clearly stated $25 per each AU. Now they have initiated an investigation. Has anyone experienced a similar issue with multiple AUs? 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Always assume the phone reps know nothing.

Always read the actual terms.

Do the terms clearly state their interpretation? If so, it sounds unlikely they'll credit you the "bonus" but they may do a courtesy type credit. I imagine each bank has some amount that they're willing to courtesy credit each account. When they credit your account they're just reducing the amount available for crediting other fees.

Call in, and ask for the issue to to escalated. Amex has a recording of the call and they will listen to it. I think they will make good on the offer.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017