Unfair performance review at company.Options?

Archived From: Finance
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Background:
Last year company offered retirement package because I received only "successful" ratings for 3+ yrs and no exceed expectations or outstanding ratings or alternatively was not receiving high category stock grants and receiving "regular" category stock grants for last 3 + years. I declined (am only 34) and put in a tremendous performance at work. My customers were delighted with the work and gave very good reviews. 

Around 45th week last year my manager changed, and had a new manager for last 7-8 weeks of yr.

Previous manager also made me work through sabbatical last year( kind of driving me to that decision - scare tactics about not giving promotion etc) and making it clear that it would be my decision to work in sabbatical. Not theirs 

This year in feb: Previous manager emails me and saying he recommended a "Exceed expectations + promo" for me to my current manager in current review

Last week I get the review and its another "Successful" Rating + "regular" stock grant

I asked current manager, what was the reason for not giving exceed+promo or higher stock grants and he starts giving me reasons based on current yr. I told him previous manager informed me exceed expectations+ promo from his end, and this guy says - that is not what he heard from old manager.

I think I have been dealt an unfair hand. My customers love my work - received 25-30 awards from them in 2 yrs. They gave excellent reviews for me. Pains to not receive the due rewards due to management games. 
Also, I was kind of driven in direction of working through my sabbatical and openly told, it will be your decision - if HR asks we cannot be tied to this decision.
Biggest proof is the email from ex manager of 45 weeks who says exceed+ promotions

What are my options?
Extremely frustrated as I churned out excellent work(customers opinions)

Talking to HR but am 99% sure it will not change anything.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
"But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired"

jerosen (Mar. 29, 2017 @ 9:31a) |

[edited: This post didn't make much sense after some thread cleanup]

SlimTim (Mar. 29, 2017 @ 2:29p) |

Looks like it was removed.

jerosen (Mar. 29, 2017 @ 3:16p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

A recommendation is not a guarantee.

Use your customer awards to look for a job elsewhere. Why stay at a place where you feel less appreciated.

Quit

Veeekay said:   Use your customer awards to look for a job elsewhere. Why stay at a place where you feel less appreciated.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side

Unless you fall into a protected class this is never going anywhere.

Working through your sabbatical?  What does that even mean?

HR will only try and protect the company as much as possible.

edit:   Actually before I'd complain to HR, I'd assess if they're useful.   This sounds like a big company.   Do you know if HR is helpful at all or have you heard of anyone getting success talking to HR In these situation?   At some companies, complaining to HR can backfire because they'll just go straight to your current manager and tell your boss that you're a troublemaker.  

Do complain to HR. It might help. Your current manager obviously screwed you and your previous manager recommendation for 45 weeks should matter a lot. I have seen it help in very similar situations. But HR might not care, hard to know.

Is the new manager new to being a manager? Are you stuck with them for long?

Either way I'd look for something else either Internal or external.

At least you didn't get laid off...

And who gives early retirement to 34 year olds?

And why not take it?

Do you actually matter to your company? If so, escalate. Otherwise, find someplace that you can matter, or suck it up.

Also: awards from your customers are reasonably irrelevant if they don't contribute to your company's financial success.  Do they give you awards because you're not billing them for the overtime that all of your coworkers are billing them?  Are you a billable resource putting in 98% utilization while your coworkers are billing at 120%?

Is your previous manager still employee'd by the same company? I know at the companies I have worked for there was an avenue built into the process to appeal your yearly review. If so do that, and if get your previous manager involved. If you truly have an email from him, present that, and then let the current manager argue that he said something different. Let them fight it out.

It's hard for us to know your company's culture. However, if it's anything like the many others out there these days then it's graded on a curve. A department can have only so many "exceed" vs "meets" and if there's a "high-potential" person then you are OOS. It doesn't mean they don't like you as an employee.

At your age, you have a lot of options. Apply to another department where you can be more valued or take another job.

This is not a slam on you but only judging from your question shows you have little knowledge in management structure works. It sounds like you are in a tech field but "social-engineering" is just as important. Maybe do more happy-hour and networking more. Good luck.

what is a sabbatical?

Awards = nice comments, and good feedback. I don't think "award" means a legitimate "award" like we're all thinking. The reason I say this is that I worked for a company recently that used the term "award" a lot in that manner.

ZenNUTS said:   A department can have only so many "exceed" vs "meets" and if there's a "high-potential" person then you are OOS.
OOS, as in Out Of Stock? Perhaps SOL (Sh1t Outta Luck).

TheDiggler said:   
ZenNUTS said:   A department can have only so many "exceed" vs "meets" and if there's a "high-potential" person then you are OOS.
OOS, as in Out Of Stock? Perhaps SOL (Sh1t Outta Luck).

out of spec ?

I sympathize with you - there are certain bad managers that need to be fired but it also feels as if you are somewhat laid back and not pushy enough and not connected with others at the company for advice.

First of all - sabbatical at your company is fairly well respected. Even very-very senior people take the 8-weeks off and they go off and do goofy things and they are not hassled about work. If you look in your company internal website, you will find lots of stories about some of the people spent their sabbatical. You shouldn't have let the manager push you into wasting your sabbatical and if you were connected with others in your company for advice, they would have told you that.

The fact that you were receiving "S" and didn't receive good stock for the last 3 years should itself have been signs to you that something is fishy. How were you doing prior to that? Same manager / different manager?

I have seen time and again that people confuse between their net work based on some awards versus the reality since the rating is based on comparison with others. As an example, if I go come up with an idea that would save the company a Million dollars and my salary is 200K, that doesn't mean that I can coast along for the rest of the year and my manager has to give me a good rating since I came with that one good idea. Sure the customers give you good rating based on their interactions but how much of the work are you doing or are you pretty much a glorified peon who takes the customer input and passes to engineering to get it resolved and then pass the response back to the customer? How does your work compare to your peers?

Assuming that your last manager was really bad, you should give your new manager a chance. You should also discuss it with your manager about his expectations and periodically check with him on how you are doing. You should seek out few seniors at your company in your line of work and get their honest opinion and see how you can do better.

Chances are your company requires management to totem their employees in quartiles. The result is that someone will be at the bottom, most will be in the  low-mid, mid, and very few will be in the top quartile. In essence it doesn't matter how hard you think you worked (compared to your prior years of average performance), if two or three of your peers managed to work a bit harder (excel compared to your performance). You will always be in the middle if you have senior people who exceed in your group.
Take the hint the company gave you and start looking elsewhere, or get used to barely skating by with mid range reviews. Unless and until your exceeding peers promote out of your category or they suddenly start slacking off, you don't stand much of a chance.
Totems suck for managers when you have a group of well performing employees, but there's no fighting it.

To me a key thing here is that the old manager recommended a promotion 11 months into the year.
That really shouldn't change at virtually the last minute. (assuming the performance period is for calendar 2016 and OP sounded like that)

Most likely either the old manager or the new manager screwed up / screwed OP.

Its also feasible that the situation changed in December enough to cost OP a promotion. That could have happened if one or more of OP's peers did impressive things in December which could bump him out of that promotion. (assuming its a meritocracy where you're graded versus your peers).

You work at Intel? It is the easiest place to work. You have been playing there a while now. Still don't understand how the game works there? If you are not smart enough to play the game, get canned.

Just successful 4 years in a row, pray that there is no ACT this year or you will be out.  P.S  HR cannot do anything for you.  

tante said:   what is a sabbatical?
  After every 7 years you get 2 months paid to f**** around.  It is absolutely against the HR guideline to make anyone work during sabbatical.   It was your choice man.  I know another one who also worked during sabbatical and got canned during ACT.  He was a very smart guy, offered a PE position at Qualcomm.

Basically OP got a new manager who doesn't like him.

I don't think this has anything to do with working during sabbaticals or previous reviews.

That just happens. Appeal the review if you don't like it.
OP Question, does your new manager have any 'relatives' in the department?  Because that's a reason why you get a bad review, he wants to give a good review to a relative and only has so many 'brownie points' to give out.

forbin4040 said:   Basically OP got a new manager who doesn't like him.

I don't think this has anything to do with working during sabbaticals or previous reviews.

OP Question, does your new manager have any 'relatives' in the department?  Because that's a reason why you get a bad review, he wants to give a good review to a relative and only has so many 'brownie points' to give out.

There is no 'relative's issue here. In a team of 10, probably only 2 get promoted.  You have to be totally outstanding and I mean outstanding to get that.  Plus OP was just successful in the previous few years.  Generally you have to be "exceeding expectations" for last couple of years to be even considered for promo.  To be realistic OP could have gotten "exceeded" and that's about it. 

We actually don't know if the new manager doesn't like his work. The old manager was clearly a bastard - making an employee work through their time off. He could have told the employee one thing and said something else to the new manager. So personally, the OP needs to give the new manager the benefit of doubt and see if he can work with him to improve his career.

You get stock options in a company, yet get customer reviews? That is kind of strange.

The usual method is 10% exceeds, 70-80% meets, then 10% does not meets. In other words, you need to be the best to be an exceeds. Companies I have worked for would not let me select exceeds for everyone or more than 10% even though my team was a top performer.

PrincipalMember said:   

We actually don't know if the new manager doesn't like his work. The old manager was clearly a bastard - making an employee work through their time off. He could have told the employee one thing and said something else to the new manager. So personally, the OP needs to give the new manager the benefit of doubt and see if he can work with him to improve his career.

I don't understand why OP took the sabbitical if the manager was asking OP to work. The company where OP works, you can delay the sabbatical upto 3 years. Unless OP has been working there for 10+ years and was in a use it or lose it situation, it was not smart of OP to take the sabbatical. 

chocula said:   You get stock options in a company, yet get customer reviews? That is kind of strange.

The usual method is 10% exceeds, 70-80% meets, then 10% does not meets. In other words, you need to be the best to be an exceeds. Companies I have worked for would not let me select exceeds for everyone or more than 10% even though my team was a top performer.

He didn't get options. He got RSUs.  Restricted Stock Units. There are 4 levels. The lowest stock level means the company considers you as not valuable at all. Raise is for past work, stock is based on how the company value your future contributions.  

king0fSpades said:   
PrincipalMember said:   

I don't understand why OP took the sabbitical if the manager was asking OP to work. The company where OP works, you can delay the sabbatical upto 3 years. Unless OP has been working there for 10+ years and was in a use it or lose it situation, it was not smart of OP to take the sabbatical. 

I am assuming that the OP was in a lose it situation - else as you said, no reason to take it.

ledwards said:   Chances are your company requires management to totem their employees in quartiles. The result is that someone will be at the bottom, most will be in the  low-mid, mid, and very few will be in the top quartile. In essence it doesn't matter how hard you think you worked (compared to your prior years of average performance), if two or three of your peers managed to work a bit harder (excel compared to your performance). You will always be in the middle if you have senior people who exceed in your group.
Take the hint the company gave you and start looking elsewhere, or get used to barely skating by with mid range reviews. Unless and until your exceeding peers promote out of your category or they suddenly start slacking off, you don't stand much of a chance.
Totems suck for managers when you have a group of well performing employees, but there's no fighting it.

I will take this a step further, I worked at a company like this where we were rated as part of merit increases and the manager always graded us on the "annual"in a way our average fell .05% below the border of "meets."   The semi annual we would be much higher.  Every year, for three years.  Next manager I was getting better evaluations until I suddenly got a negative one.  VERY negative.  The only input the managers were given post 9/11 on who got laid off and who got to choose their job was the annual eval.  So the horrible eval was just how the manager made sure I was laid off.  Others got underserved really high evals to get "picked" for specific assignments.

As there are bonus/stock/raises/promotions tied to this the manager may even be doing like my old one did....  NOBODY got exceed on annual.  Promotions were scarce too.  Boss was a cheapskate and he used it to control his payroll.  

The other side of it, if you are not getting the rewards of "exceeding" but feel you ARE exceeding you have two choices... take it easier and aim for the middle of the herd, or quit and find a job that rewards you.  As long as you are doing your job the worst that happens is you get "retired/laid off" with a severance package and find a new job.  Last permanent job I had was salary, and they liked to abuse it -- my new company I am hourly and there are a lot of salary folks working very long hours.  I have no intention of taking a permanent salary here.  Been there, done that.

RedWolfe01 said:   
ledwards said:   Chances are your company requires management to totem their employees in quartiles. The result is that someone will be at the bottom, most will be in the  low-mid, mid, and very few will be in the top quartile. In essence it doesn't matter how hard you think you worked (compared to your prior years of average performance), if two or three of your peers managed to work a bit harder (excel compared to your performance). You will always be in the middle if you have senior people who exceed in your group.

I will take this a step further, I worked at a company like this where we were rated as part of merit increases and the manager always graded us on the "annual"in a way our average fell .05% below the border of "meets."   The semi annual we would be much higher.  Every year, for three years.  Next manager I was getting better evaluations until I suddenly got a negative one.  VERY negative.  The only input the managers were given post 9/11 on who got laid off and who got to choose their job was the annual eval.  So the horrible eval was just how the manager made sure I was laid off.  Others got underserved really high evals to get "picked" for specific assignments.

As there are bonus/stock/raises/promotions tied to this the manager may even be doing like my old one did....  NOBODY got exceed on annual.  Promotions were scarce too.  Boss was a cheapskate and he used it to control his payroll.  

The other side of it, if you are not getting the rewards of "exceeding" but feel you ARE exceeding you have two choices... take it easier and aim for the middle of the herd, or quit and find a job that rewards you.  As long as you are doing your job the worst that happens is you get "retired/laid off" with a severance package and find a new job.  Last permanent job I had was salary, and they liked to abuse it -- my new company I am hourly and there are a lot of salary folks working very long hours.  I have no intention of taking a permanent salary here.  Been there, done that.

You do get into situations where you have a bad manager or you are working for a bad company - but in general, things are very different and you - i.e. YOU control the narrative. You decide whether you are going to 40 hours a week or more. Because there are other people who are working more than 40 hours a week and for the manager to give you more than a Succeed would be injustice. Granted that managers have a limited quota of exceed's/outstanding's but they have multiple tools - e.g. they may have some leeway in how the pay raise is done or leeway in stock allocation. And if they don't fix it one year, they do it the following year. Been there and done that - had a great time. One interesting side aspect is that the job is more fun too - there is no stress - you know that your manager likes you and he will reward you. And when the company is going through bad times and if they have to lay off, you know that you will one of the last ones touched.

> I am hourly and there are a lot of salary folks working very long hours.

Not sure if you were in engineering or different field. At least in engineering/technology, there is a reason these folks are working very long hours. In general, the rewards far outstrip what you would make in an hourly job. In addition to the salary, the employees are receiving RSU's and they RSU package keeps increasing as the person is getting promoted. One time I was talking to a few agents to investigate going on my own and when he heard my salary number, he told me to stay put since according to him, the top hourly jobs were paying half of my total compensation. One of the kids that I know started working in 2012 and he already has assets in the 500K range (split between 401/personal savings) and the fun is just starting since he received a big promo and where the big component is his stock level - around 50% of his salary.

As I said - you control the Narrative - work 40 hours with 4 coffee breaks - lucky if you don't get thrown out. Work harder and you could retire much earlier and have a blast at the sabbatical with tons of money to spend with no job worries.

OP has freaked out since I pointed that he works for Intel. May be I am Intel HR and monitoring OPs activities at work.

PrincipalMember said:   

Not sure if you were in engineering or different field. At least in engineering/technology, there is a reason these folks are working very long hours. In general, the rewards far outstrip what you would make in an hourly job. In addition to the salary, the employees are receiving RSU's and they RSU package keeps increasing as the person is getting promoted. One time I was talking to a few agents to investigate going on my own and when he heard my salary number, he told me to stay put since according to him, the top hourly jobs were paying half of my total compensation. One of the kids that I know started working in 2012 and he already has assets in the 500K range (split between 401/personal savings) and the fun is just starting since he received a big promo and where the big component is his stock level - around 50% of his salary.

As I said - you control the Narrative - work 40 hours with 4 coffee breaks - lucky if you don't get thrown out. Work harder and you could retire much earlier and have a blast at the sabbatical with tons of money to spend with no job worries.

I am in a field support technical role.  The reason I am contracted is because that is how everyone starts there.  Mainly the project has grown to where they are increasing staff because the existing ones were so overworked.  Now, of course those staff are both supporting/training us and doing their old work and working on tools for the increased project load.  Nothing I have seen indicates that there is a bonus package or that their salary is particularly exceptional.  I have DONE salary at similar small firms-- made the exact salary (to the penny) the day I left three years later.  (nobody else at that company got raises either - to be fair it was a very decent salary for the job/market since it was a passthrough rate to the client -- they also hooked me for a week of vacation pay as I left that I couldn't take due to vacation freezes)  Never saw a penny of bonus -- my W2 at the end of the year was my exact salary.  

Maybe "big business" works like that, but all the guys I know at the big vendors that had a bonus package made fairly low-to-market salary to go with it.   TANSTAAFL  The only way they made an exceptional rate was if they made Stretch goals which doubled the bonus.  In general an 85K salary is pretty much the same as a 70K +15K bonus.  Only guys with crazy bonuses are the "sales" teams -- when they have a separate sales based bonus program.  

My current company isn't THAT big, I don't expect them to have stock or bonuses.  The main thing I do miss is Vacation/Holiday pay -- which is worth about 8% annually.  I am averaging 6-8 hours a week overtime.

----
The OP most likely has a boss with "favorites" and he isn't one.  It happens in just about every organization -- boss can't give out his allocation of "attaboys" without giving the others one first.  Plus his admin, she definitely gets one since he doesn't want to come down with a bad case of admin-itis.  He could be the best performer and STILL never get one.  His better plan is to move laterally and try to find a manager that has a true merit system for awarding points if he thinks he is at that level.  His *current* boss isn't going to start doing things differently.

RedWolfe01 said:   
PrincipalMember said:   

I am in a field support technical role.  The reason I am contracted is because that is how everyone starts there.  Mainly the project has grown to where they are increasing staff because the existing ones were so overworked.  Now, of course those staff are both supporting/training us and doing their old work and working on tools for the increased project load.  Nothing I have seen indicates that there is a bonus package or that their salary is particularly exceptional.  I have DONE salary at similar small firms-- made the exact salary (to the penny) the day I left three years later.  (nobody else at that company got raises either - to be fair it was a very decent salary for the job/market since it was a passthrough rate to the client -- they also hooked me for a week of vacation pay as I left that I couldn't take due to vacation freezes)  Never saw a penny of bonus -- my W2 at the end of the year was my exact salary.  

Maybe "big business" works like that, but all the guys I know at the big vendors that had a bonus package made fairly low-to-market salary to go with it.   TANSTAAFL  The only way they made an exceptional rate was if they made Stretch goals which doubled the bonus.  In general an 85K salary is pretty much the same as a 70K +15K bonus.  Only guys with crazy bonuses are the "sales" teams -- when they have a separate sales based bonus program.  

My current company isn't THAT big, I don't expect them to have stock or bonuses.  The main thing I do miss is Vacation/Holiday pay -- which is worth about 8% annually.  I am averaging 6-8 hours a week overtime.

----
The OP most likely has a boss with "favorites" and he isn't one.  It happens in just about every organization -- boss can't give out his allocation of "attaboys" without giving the others one first.  Plus his admin, she definitely gets one since he doesn't want to come down with a bad case of admin-itis.  He could be the best performer and STILL never get one.  His better plan is to move laterally and try to find a manager that has a true merit system for awarding points if he thinks he is at that level.  His *current* boss isn't going to start doing things differently.

Toto - the problem here is that you are still stuck in Kansas. I am not sure if the 85K number that you used is the type of salaries that you are used to seeing or that was a pure example. From what I see of good jobs at the bigger companies, that number (85K) is the starting salary [though the likes of GOOGL/FB would laugh at that number]. And then it grows from there. And if you build your career, the real world numbers could be easily 2X of that 85K with 5-7 years experience (once you combine the bonus). But if you want to remain in Kansas and think that everybody makes 85K, that is your choice. And BTW - I am not including RSU's in those numbers. [If you remain in Kansas and work for a company that does not offer RSU's - wrong thinking - quit that company and go work for modern generation of companies that offers RSU's. Years ago I quit my job at a very big company (current market cap 160B) and one of the main reasons was that they gave no stock. Moved to a company with options and made good money on that. And then companies transitioned to RSU's - didn't make as much - but still made decent bit].

> The OP most likely has a boss with "favorites" and he isn't one.  It happens in just about every organization -- boss can't give out his allocation of "attaboys" without giving the others one first.  Plus his admin, she definitely gets one since he doesn't want to come down with a bad case of admin-itis.  He could be the best performer and STILL never get one.

This is all "self-consoling" hog wash and justification for not working hard. Sure in isolated cases the mangers might play the favorite thing - but in general, hard work gets rewarded. And from what I know of a few organizations, the admins are not even in the same pool as the engineers for annual evaluation purposes - so hard to compare somebody doing non-engineering work with person doing engineering work.

Added later: Forgot to mention - companies will throw in some nice rewards too for good work. I remember that at my 1st company, they threw in a nice 55K award - that was like 23 years ago - not too shabby in those days and in my younger days when I didn't have as much savings].

PrincipalMember said:   

Is toto supposed to be an insult?  85K is a fairly normal wage for tech professionals in lower paying states like... Texas.  In fact I *used* to make $114K or so, but it is down to $85K now thanks to all the lower level techs now speaking Hindi or Spanish as a first language.  All the old lower tier techs compete (at lower salary expectations) for any "trainable" mid/upper tier tech job that is left in the US.  

My job entails specific tasks done during a specific time window -- working "harder" isn't really possible.  Interestingly there has been a major pushback from the telecom carriers and more and more work is being done as "turnkey" by smaller players that do single markets including back end.  Versus the old supplier/vendor system that did the entire country as one single contract.  (they subcontracted the "field" portion while performing the backend and PM/CM from India and Mexico)  In an odd way the jobs are coming back because the customers are not willing to pay "vendor premium" for offshored service.

You call it hogwash, I call it favorites.  Been in that organization, call it as I see it.  PMs can put all the milestones in they want, someone has to perform that activity.
--
Nice job on the 55K. I recall getting a $50 bill from the boss one christmas when I was in Retail during college.  Every OTHER company I ever worked for was cheap, except Siemens -- and that was a layoff/permanent job based on work/contracts.  By the time they started asking me to come back after the first layoff I was already on a more permanent job.  Probably would have worked out better going back -- the Japanese company I ended up for the next 4 years was the one I was talking about in my first reply, the one who always lowered the annual by .5 to make sure you didn't "quite" get the higher merit raise or qualify for promotion.  Back then I was only making 40K a year.  Siemens was a bit less but paid a 15% fixed contract end bonus.  That was a skilled field installer who was self directed and installed 3M dollar machines that took 6 weeks to complete.  (sometimes alone, sometimes with Japanese techs supporting)  Never got a bonus from that company.  (Tokyo Electron, if you are curious)  

When I moved to telecom I jumped from $40K to $70K and then when I left the subcontractor to go direct contract moved up to the $114K rate.  ($57/hour - 2000 hour work year due to no paid vacation but did get holidays)  That has been dropping ever since and has been holding at $85K for quite some time.  Two full time, and now three contracts in a row are within a few thousand either way.  (obviously it is "worth" more full time for paid holidays and vacation, but on contract I get paid overtime so it tends to be a wash -- benefits are about the same either way)

Don't misunderstand me, I am happy for you not being in an industry that gets offshored -- but even now I make a lot more than I would if I was still in semi-conductors or automation.  I still get calls occasionally for those jobs and even the ones in high cost areas pay less than I make in Telecom in a comparably "cheap" area like Dallas.

RedWolfe01 said:   
PrincipalMember said:   

Is toto supposed to be an insult?

No insult intended - just a reference to the movie "Wizard of Oz"  / "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."  Great movie - if you haven't it, I highly recommend it. I have watched it multiple times and every time I see it, I discover something new - some connection between the earlier and the later part of the movie.

PrincipalMember said:   

This is what I was thinking- OP said manager had been giving him "Average" reviews up to now, Manager asked him to "quietly" work through his sabbatical "not my decision - it's yours, but if you take it you're going to kiss that promotion good bye" (dick move).

I say OP was going to get an average review either way, but manager wanted him to work through his 2 months to hit his goal for the year.  Then manager lied to OP and said "well, I told new guy to promote you/give you a great rating".  Throw new manager under the bus since no skin off his back - since he's a dick.  You get good managers and bad managers through your career- last one sucked OP - sorry.

Work harder is stupid. Work smart. Don't do technical work yourself. Start taking charge, assign it to stupid(I mean hard) workers. Ask for status and take credit for their work. It is not easy but once you start doing this, there is no stopping. You just go up and up the ladder. It took me 10 years to learn this

PrincipalMember said:   
RedWolfe01 said:   
PrincipalMember said:   

Is toto supposed to be an insult?

No insult intended - just a reference to the movie "Wizard of Oz"  / "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."  Great movie - if you haven't it, I highly recommend it. I have watched it multiple times and every time I see it, I discover something new - some connection between the earlier and the later part of the movie.

Cool, I got the reference -- just wasn't sure how it was intended.  (since Kansas is actually another major hub for my line of work it could be somewhat apt)

Skipping 4 Messages...
SlimTim said:   PrincipalMember, I don't think a public post like your last is an effective way to protect the image of a company.

Looks like it was removed.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017