Can't do instant transfers between Capital One Bank and 360 or Spark accounts?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is just a notice to anyone thinking of opening a Capital One 360† money market or Spark Business savings accounts earning 1.00 interest. You canít do instant transfers online to your regular Capital One accounts. I opened both of these accounts after the rate on my Capital One savings account dropped to 0.20. I have a checking account there that I use for bill pay and figured I would keep most of the funds in those 1% accounts and just do a transfer to the bill pay account to cover the payments. Turns out you canít link these accounts for instant transfer and have to set up ach. Will have to see if I can do transfers in the branch.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

My capital One account does not show my ING (capOne360) balances. But my ING account shows my Capital One account balances always. Transfer from CapOne360 web page between accounts is easy. Balance shows as "available" right away although the transaction stays as "pending" for about 24 hours.

Is there a point to keeping a Capital One bank account over a Capital One 360 bank account? I have both, but don't really see a use for the original one.

Far as I can tell, you can't access the 360 account in a branch. So you can't get a cashier's check or make a cash withdrawal.

atikovi said:   Far as I can tell, you can't access the 360 account in a branch. So you can't get a cashier's check or make a cash withdrawal.
††
I have only one Capital One branch in my city (and it's at one of their corporate HQ buildings as far as I can tell). Oddly enough, I also have one of their Capital One Cafes too (and they only have a few of those in the whole country). I don't think I can get a cashier's check at the cafe though. Just a darn good cup of coffee for 50% off because I'm a Capital One customer. Whoopeee!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017