• filter:

Whatever happened to that guy who was party to a federal lawsuit against a lending institution?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
If I recall correctly he said he figured out a way the institution was defrauding borrowers and there was a potential 8 figure finders fee for helping the feds out? Did he get his 8 figure settlement and go quiet?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I think this lends credence to the theory that he has a mult account.  Either that or else he may have quit cold turkey.... (more)

Crazytree (Apr. 22, 2017 @ 8:33p) |

did you also eat 3 lbs of usda prime each day in vegas?

rufflesinc (Apr. 23, 2017 @ 4:35a) |

No, I was there for less than 24 hours, but one of the last things I remember clearly was betting $500/hand on blackjack... (more)

Crazytree (Apr. 23, 2017 @ 2:25p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
mike0f7?
There was a final thread on it that someone may link. H eis under a gag order if I am not mistaken.

rated:
Mike07 got silenced by his dad (the true brains behind the operation) and his lawyers/the court.

I believe they settled for 30 million dollars, of which he had about 20% equity in the settlement after fees and splitting whistleblower money, etc.

He may or may not have sold off a piece of his action to hedge funds prior to the settlement.  We will never know for sure how much he cleared.  Likely in the 1-5 million range.

(edited with addl information)

rated:

rated:
Guy was such an ignorant d-bag. He doesn't deserve any of that [de facto] lottery money.

rated:

rated:
he kept beating the drum that anyone could do what he did. anyone on fwf succeed in mikef07 footspots??

rated:
I think he is too busy running the country right now.

rated:
His father was the real party in interest. I'd be surprised if he got a Happy Meal with some crayons in it at the end of the day.

rated:
Anyone could, provided they had access to the smoking gun. That usually requires an insider.

rated:
Anyone can do what MikeF07 did. We could have an entire economy based off frivolous, shady lawsuits.

rated:
He could be working as a spokesman for how affordable Texas real estate taxes are even though they're a high percentage of the property value

rated:
Hi Guys,
We believe they settled for 35 million dollars, of which he had about 21% equity in the settlement after fees and splitting whistle blower money, etc.
The may or may not have sold off a piece of his action to hedge funds prior to the settlement. We will be never know for sure how much he cleared. We Likely in the 1-5 million range.

rated:
reshyam said:   Hi Guys,
We believe they settled for 35 million dollars, of which he had about 21% equity in the settlement after fees and splitting whistle blower money, etc.
The may or may not have sold off a piece of his action to hedge funds prior to the settlement. We will be never know for sure how much he cleared. We Likely in the 1-5 million range.

hmmm...

New member lurks for a month and then this is their 1 and only post...

rated:

He was a real piece of work. Glad he's not around anymore. Wink wink.

rated:
I kind of miss him, You could count on him to play the devils advocate.

rated:
TravelerMSY said:   I kind of miss him, You could count on him to play the devils advocate.
  I feel like there's a good chance he never left...

rated:
He gave great advice for dealing with robo-callers and other spamy stuff.

rated:
I do FCA litigation, and the cases we take tend to net our clients north of 1 million easy. (And we've had several that have net in the double-digit millions.)
Our cases involve healthcare fraud where people are actually harmed, in addition to fraudulently billing the government.

rated:
highmktgoods said:   I do FCA litigation, and the cases we take tend to net our clients north of 1 million easy.
  Too bad mike0f7 wasn't the actual client.

rated:
parkdanil said:   He gave great advice for dealing with robo-callers and other spamy stuff.
  You are thinking of Codename47.  He had some good advice but he also overreaches on occasions.   He gave the impression that taking on debt than suing the collectors can be a way to make a living.

rated:
TravelerMSY said:   I kind of miss him, You could count on him to play the devils advocate.
He got into a fight in every single thread I saw him post in - no exceptions.

When he was losing an argument based on facts/logic he would also switch to some variation of "I'm richer than you so I'm right" theme.   

rated:
+1 Green if you think mike0f7 is reading this thread.

rated:

+1 green if you think mikef07 is posting in this thread.

rated:
psychtobe said:   

Which poster?

rated:
Crazytree said:   
psychtobe said:   

Which poster?

reshyam?  The only post by a new member in this thread.

rated:
PS if you wonder why he is not posting, it's because it would be a breach of the confidentiality agreement that was part of the settlement.

rated:
Crazytree said:   PS if you wonder why he is not posting, it's because it would be a breach of the confidentiality agreement that was part of the settlement.
  I think he got an alt ID and is trying to not act like his old self.

rated:
Crazytree said:   PS if you wonder why he is not posting, it's because it would be a breach of the confidentiality agreement that was part of the settlement.
  but why isn't he posting about other topics?

rated:
rufflesinc said:   

who cares, just be grateful.

rated:
psychtobe said:   

Do you think mike posting in this thread is a violation of his confidentiality agreement?
Do you think he would suffer civil penalties if knowledge of this breach reached his counterparty?
I wonder how much it's worth to mike to not have this information reach said counterparty?
Oh, the irony...

rated:
He gave the impression that taking on debt than suing the collectors can be a way to make a living.

I don't know that I gave the impression that it was a way to make a living...

rated:
Hey everyone, codename47 is here! Hopefully SiS isn't far behind. We can put the band back together!

rated:
87pathfinder said:   Hey everyone, codename47 is here! Hopefully SiS isn't far behind. We can put the band back together!
  ​SIS and a couple of other older posters talked me out of police custody once in Vegas, even after the cops tried to recapture me as I was making my getaway in the back of a taxi.. passed out.  True story... it was relayed to me the next today but it explained a lot of things about what had happened the night before.

rated:
rufflesinc said:   

I think this lends credence to the theory that he has a mult account.  Either that or else he may have quit cold turkey.  Or maybe he's just lurking.  But whatever his choice, that is between him and God.

rated:
Crazytree said:   
87pathfinder said:   Hey everyone, codename47 is here! Hopefully SiS isn't far behind. We can put the band back together!
  ​SIS and a couple of other older posters talked me out of police custody once in Vegas, even after the cops tried to recapture me as I was making my getaway in the back of a tax.. passed out.  True story... it was relayed to me the next today but it explained a lot of things about what had happened the night before.

rated:
rufflesinc said:   
Crazytree said:   
  ​SIS and a couple of other older posters talked me out of police custody once in Vegas, even after the cops tried to recapture me as I was making my getaway in the back of a tax.. passed out.  True story... it was relayed to me the next today but it explained a lot of things about what had happened the night before.

No, I was there for less than 24 hours, but one of the last things I remember clearly was betting $500/hand on blackjack, I split two face cards and hit blackjack twice.  I just kept hitting 21 over and over again.  My wallet looked pregnant the next morning.  This was about 7 years ago and I haven't gambled since.  In fact, I have been to Vegas a few times since and I have not even had one drink.  I had to get a chipped tooth fixed at the dentist a few days later as while being wrenched from custody I fell on my face... but it was a tiny, almost unnoticable chip, and it totally made for a great end for that great story when I tell it.  Also, the whole law enforcement incident took place directly in front of one of the seedier establishments in the city, Sapphire.  Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) I didn't actually make it inside, because my presence and the presence of my pregnant wallet could possibly have led to rap video-like conditions being created up inside the club.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017