• filter:

Can't p2p into Amex Serve?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I recently opened an Amex Serve card for the first time with the intention of using a transfer from it to satisfy the DD requirements on a new Chase checking account bonus. Now I'm trying to fund the Serve card. I've seen a number of references where people have in the past successfully used Capital One 360 p2p transfers into their Serve accounts, even using them on a recurring basis to avoid the Serve monthly fees. 

Is this no longer possible? I can't find anywhere that anyone has tried it and been unable to do it, so maybe it's just me, but when I try to setup my Serve account as a p2p recipient (using the routing and account numbers that Serve provides on their website for DD), the clearXchange form gives me an error message stating: 

"Sorry, the bank account you entered cannot be used with clearXchange. In order to receive payments via clearXchange, please enter a different checking or savings account."

I tried calling Serve CS and asking whether a friend could send me money using p2p and they told me no. But again, I've seen multiple people claim to have used Capital One 360 p2p transfers to satisfy the Serve direct deposit requirements to avoid the monthly fee. Any idea whether something is changed or I'm just doing it wrong?

Thanks!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I don't think Serve supports CX or the other 'p2p' services, you just have to add it as an ACH external transfer account.

rated:
Interesting. Must have changed things at some point. ACH transfers also apparently don't work from Capital One 360 either. Will have to look for another avenue. Thanks.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017