closed and reopened accounts and affect on credit score

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Chase recently closed 4 of my credit cards, so I called them up and fixed up he isse and they reopened them. I was wondering if that had an issue on my credit score? is there anything I need to do from my part so this wont show up in my credit ?
I just checked in credit Karma and it shows my chase account are closed even though they are reopened again.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It takes several weeks for the reporting process, so check again in a couple of months. IMHO, closing accounts or reopening does impact credit score but typically it is minor, and also it is short term.

Thread Subject said: closed and reopened accounts and affect on credit score
fardddad said:   Chase recently closed 4 of my credit cards, so I called them up and fixed up he isse and they reopened them. I was wondering if that had an issue on my credit score? is there anything I need to do from my part so this wont show up in my credit ?
I just checked in credit Karma and it shows my chase account are closed even though they are reopened again.

Too many noobs lately post new threads, wipe the OP's clean a few days later. Thus, am preserving your OP in this reply.

So long as the re-opened accounts report the original account opening dates, and so long as the re-opened accounts have the same (or higher) credit limits, once the re-opened accounts get reflected on your credit report, your credit score should revert back to where it was prior to the closures (assuming of course there aren't any other changes which could adversely impact your credit score).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017