• filter:

Credit card tax payments

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Pros / cons have been discussed before. Slightly different question:

Let us say I owe 5K in taxes and I pay 4K using a credit card. How do I exactly reflect this on my tax form to show IRS that they should withdraw only 1K from my bank account? If the 4K was estimated tax payments, I see entries for that in the tax software - but I don't see a place to enter these additional payments.

Note: Using HR Block software

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I think I finally figured it out. When you provide the bank information for withdrawing the taxes from your account, you can specify that you want only 1K withdrawn. Not the best way to do it - but for now, that lets me get my taxes done.

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   I think I finally figured it out. When you provide the bank information for withdrawing the taxes from your account, you can specify that you want only 1K withdrawn. Not the best way to do it - but for now, that lets me get my taxes done.
  You could always print the 1040V and mail a check.

rated:
I'm assuming he wants the pts or maybe a sign up spend bonus. Hopefully, otherwise you're paying a 2% fee to use a card.

rated:
S197 said:   I'm assuming he wants the pts or maybe a sign up spend bonus. Hopefully, otherwise you're paying a 2% fee to use a card.

One card was giving me 3% and other was giving me 2% and 1.87% fee. Plus I get a 45 day float. Dont know if the company gave me the right information - said only 2 transactions per user - else i would have used a 3rd card to pay the rest. Did almost max out the first two cards.

rated:
You get 2 transactions per payment processor per payment type, so if you really wanted to use multiple cards, you could've used a different payment processor for more cards.

rated:
gergles said:   You get 2 transactions per payment processor per payment type, so if you really wanted to use multiple cards, you could've used a different payment processor for more cards.

Thanks for confirming. I milked most of it - that is why I didnt investigate a different company. Also if i remember right, pay1040 is the cheapest and the other guys are more expensive.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017