• filter:

Tanger Outlet Mall Gift Card Use - Want to Avoiding a trip to the Mall

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Hi Everyone,

Since you guys are so clever, I thought I would pose this question to the group.  A long time ago, Tanger Outlet Mall had a special - Get $50 GC for only $25.  I bought it, there was an outlet mall near me. The mall rebranded itself, and no longer a Tanger Mall.  I still have the card.  I've read the fine print on Tanger Mall gift card, and you need to use it at the store. I would prefer not to make a trip. The closest one is an hour away.  Is there anyway I could use it without making a trip?   I was thinking of buying say a GAP gift card over the phone, and then using it at a Gap store near by.   Do you have any suggestions for me?    

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
sell it on eBay

rated:
There's a number on the back of the card. Call it and explain that you bought it and now the mall is re-branded. Ask for you money back, see what they say.

rated:
rufflesinc said:   sell it on eBay
  Hey, the gift card you sold me is empty!

rated:
Stubtify said:   There's a number on the back of the card. Call it and explain that you bought it and now the mall is re-branded. Ask for you money back, see what they say.
  I would think that OP wants $50 worth of stuff instead of $25

rated:
luvdoublebrats said:     I was thinking of buying say a GAP gift card over the phone, and then using it at a Gap store near by.   

Yeah, try that.

Alternatively when your'e on the phone if they say they won't sell you a gift card charged to a gift card then ask if you can buy product over the phone and have it shipped to your home.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   
Stubtify said:   There's a number on the back of the card. Call it and explain that you bought it and now the mall is re-branded. Ask for you money back, see what they say.

The gift card is worth $50 , he only paid $25 for it, so he would get $50 in cash...

rated:
icecube said:   
forbin4040 said:   

The gift card is worth $50 , he only paid $25 for it, so he would get $50 in cash...

Unless they tracked the purchase price of the promo card.

rated:
Send it as a gift to someone who lives near one of their malls.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017