Chase Ink Business Card Sent Message About Using Card for Personal Purchases

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just got an email in reference to a message in the Secure Message Center of my Chase Ink Business Credit Card Account. Much to my dismay, the message is a warning about using my card for personal and not business purposes. Here is the text of the message:
Chase Secure Message said: Dear Chase Online Customer:

Thank you for using your Chase business credit card. Please continue to use it for business purchases, but remember that it's not intended for personal use.

The regulations that cover business cards do not provide the level of protection given to consumer cards. We want you to receive the consumer protections you are entitled to. So, please use a consumer credit card for purchases for personal, family or household use.

If you need a consumer credit card, please call us. We can help you choose the Chase consumer credit card with the features and benefits that fit your lifestyle best.

If you have questions, please call us anytime at the number on the back of your card.

Sincerely,

Card Services

I got this card a long time ago and I have different benefits from the current Chase Ink card. I have 3% back on gas, restaurants, office supply, and home improvement stores. This is my go-to card for eating out, getting gas, and anything at the hardware store whenever Chase Freedom or Discover don't have one of those things in a 5% category. I've used it all times of day for gas and restaurants for years and never had an issue. My balance, which I pay off every month, is usually between $150-$800, so nothing ridiculous. Last night I bought a milkshake at Sonic around 9:00 PM for $1.99.

Has anyone else had any first hand experience with this issue or also received this message from Chase? Are they actually starting to monitor these cards for purchases like my Sunday evening milkshake run that don't look like business expenses? I love being grandfathered in on the 3% gas/restaurant/hardware store categories and don't want to lose that. Do you think they're trying to find a reason to close my account because I have the old benefits? Did someone finally figure out that I'm not legit by noticing that my business name on the card is Vandelay Industries?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

we would have to assume it's the grandfathering of benefits that has such accounts in a special bucket and they have extra monitoring to see if there's any rampant abuse ....

Repost? Well, there's more details on this thread. Looks like OP is not the only one... https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1565559

Sorry. I didn't see that someone else had posted the same thing. Mod's can you please lock this thread? I will post in the other one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017