Subscription cancellation

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have a Chase debit card and I subscribe to multiple online thugs such as Apple Music, Spotify, and a couple other things. Here is my problem, I got a little carried away and subscribed monthly to way to many things and want to cancel some of them, but I don't remember everything that I've subscribed too. I have taken a look at my statements and a couple of things caught my eye, every month I get charged $44.00 by a boxguard billing site, I've gone to the site and tried to figure out what I'm getting billed for and I can't figure it out, I'm wondering if anyone can help me either tell me how to find out, or tell me how to cancel subscriptions through my bank.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Might be worth calling your bank and asking them if there is a phone number attached to the charge. I have done this successfully before.

What does the charge on your card say exactly? Sometimes googling the charge can lead you to help figure out what its from.

Why not just call the company? Also, perhaps start monitoring your charges a little more closely...

jeremyw40 said:   I have a Chase debit card and I subscribe to multiple online thugs such as Apple Music, Spotify, and a couple other things. 
Don't use a debit card. More importantly, don't reinforce cliches about people who use debit cards. Use a credit card, especially a credit card that offers 1-use numbers (Bank of America's ShopSafe, CitiBank's Virtual Account Numbers) -- great for $2/year magazine subscriptions that automatically renew at $72.

Try searching your email for the exact dollar amount. They may have emailed you a receipt when you first subscribed.

jeremyw40 said:   ... and I subscribe to multiple online thugs such as Apple Music, Spotify ...
Totally agree, those services are gangsta!

I've got your answer.... a service called Trim. Assuming you are cool w/ them selling your purchase data probably. They scan your bank account for subscriptions and will text them to you monthly, then you reply if you want to cancel -- and they take care of cancelling it for you. asktrim[dot]com

1 simple solution for all your headaches to be gone. Close this bank account.

dealgain said:   1 simple solution for all your headaches to be gone. Close this bank account.
Do not do this unless you are willing to kill your credit and deal with collections later.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017