• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
nice try  LOL

trumpotron (May. 05, 2017 @ 9:14a) |

The author of the article is circular in nature and misrepresenting facts. I'm not disagreeing that a recession can be o... (more)

TRD703 (May. 05, 2017 @ 9:24a) |

Wall Street Journal article from October 2016:  Economists Believe a Recession Is Likely Within Next Four Years
http://ww... (more)

bighitter (May. 05, 2017 @ 9:53p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
#chickenlittle

rated:
Cyclical recessions may be cyclical? Useless story.

rated:
Summary - because we have a 8-10 year recession cycle.

I like the analysis. Makes such sense. I am all in (ie all out of the market). 

rated:
The great thing about those articles is that they can keep publishing them almost every year with only minor changes.

rated:
Article 1: A recession is looming.
Article 2: A recovery is looming.

Cherry pick which article you want feel the economy is heading.

rated:
a recession/recovery is always brewing.

rated:
If I got a nickel every time I heard about an impending recession, my bank account would be recession proof.

rated:
Economists have predicted 10 of the last 2 recessions.

rated:
Could be. Or, could be smooth sailing. Who knows.

rated:
wpgabriel said:   If I got a nickel every time I heard about an impending recession, my bank account would be recession proof.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard/read that, I'd have a lot of nickels. 

rated:
Replace every occurrence in this article of the word "recession" with the word "earthquake", and you get exactly the same predictive value. 

rated:
My coffee is brewing.

rated:

rated:
Recession in brewing?  I say yes.  So many micro brew companies and only so many beer drinkers.  I swear a new one opens every week. These places are going to tank soon and be sold for scrap metal.

rated:
jerosen said:   The great thing about those articles is that they can keep publishing them almost every year with only minor changes.
  Eventually they will be right ...  A broken clock is right twice a day.

rated:
kb2120 said:   
jerosen said:   The great thing about those articles is that they can keep publishing them almost every year with only minor changes.

not if we never have a recession again #MAGA

rated:
Quote from article: "The last recession started in 2007 and ended in 2009." Depending upon location it didn't really "end" until more like 2013...

rated:
And here I was hoping Pat Boone had joined FWF.

rated:
bopc1996 said:   
ionxchanger said:   http://www.marketwatch.com/story/next-recession-will-hit-during-...
  Lol

i will lol @bopc1996 if it happens between now or later in 2018, 2019... We are long due for a recession. Not that I'm worried, but this was just discussion article for fw-ers

rated:
With Trump in the White House...what could possibly go wrong????

rated:
kb2120 said:   jerosen said:   The great thing about those articles is that they can keep publishing them almost every year with only minor changes.

Depends if we Spring ahead or not and what time it's set to.

Always run cron jobs in UTC time.

rated:

Nice try (567.59kB)
Disclaimer
nice try  LOL

rated:
The author of the article is circular in nature and misrepresenting facts. I'm not disagreeing that a recession can be on the horizon, but I won't base it on this guy's opinion.

rated:
Wall Street Journal article from October 2016:  Economists Believe a Recession Is Likely Within Next Four Years
http://www.wsj.com/articles/economists-believe-a-recession-is-likely-within-next-four-years-1476367202 

Excerpt:
In WSJ survey, GDP forecasts are little changed at 2.2% in 2017, 2% in 2018 To be clear, the length of an expansion bears little relation to its strength. The U.S. economy has grown at a 2.1% annual pace since 2009. That is the slowest growth of any expansion after World War II. Many economists were once optimistic that growth would accelerate, but now most forecast the economy will continue to grow at this pace in coming years."

The recent slow down in auto sales and some other areas of consumer spending are of concern to economists.  On the other hand, from my own personal observation, the construction industry is booming here in Los Angeles with all the high rise and mid rise apartment building construction.  General contractors have more work than they can handle.    Read some of the apartment REIT's on the West Coast recent earnings calls (Essex, etc.)   They all report construction labor shortage and increased costs.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017