• filter:

Best realtor commission rebate option?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Looking for AZ and NY.  Either commission rebate or low flat fee %

similar to this https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/bank_real_estate_rewards_network...

Thanks

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
leverage redfin rebate amount and negotiate with ideally independent broker/owners ideally after you've identified an interested property. good luck!

rated:
As mentioned by scooter, look for an independent broker/realtor in your city. No third parties to split the commission with and likely more organized/knowledgeable (because they're a broker running their own business, not just a "realtor" who passed a few hours of online "courses")

I found one in my city straight 1.5% (assuming 3% buyer's agent commission), full service broker/realtor.  A chain realtor could never realistically give 50% back on $5850 commission -- the broker would probably take $1k-3k+, leaving them with only $0-$2k.   But, the independent broker giving me $2925 left him with a full $2925.

Hungryagents / redfin adds an extra layer of commission cut on top - the agent has to pay them $500+ for the referral, before even paying their broker (if a chain realtor).  This limits any possible rebate even further.

rated:
Sorry wrong state, I use one in CA and NV. 65% rebate is the best I have seen.

I removed the company name but if someone wants the info pm me.  It's not a big company like redfin, zillow etc so probably will be considered spamming but I have no interest in that company besides using them.

rated:
Have a few in mind for CA (southern Ca), feel free to PM me who you use in CA or NV. Thanks!

rated:
Support your fatwallet community of rebating agents: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1278801 

rated:
mogg said:   Support your fatwallet community of rebating agents: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1278801

It's archived so any realtor in PHX care to post in this thread?

rated:
Bend3r said:   As mentioned by scooter, look for an independent broker/realtor in your city. No third parties to split the commission with and likely more organized/knowledgeable (because they're a broker running their own business, not just a "realtor" who passed a few hours of online "courses")

I found one in my city straight 1.5% (assuming 3% buyer's agent commission), full service broker/realtor.  A chain realtor could never realistically give 50% back on $5850 commission -- the broker would probably take $1k-3k+, leaving them with only $0-$2k.   But, the independent broker giving me $2925 left him with a full $2925.

Hungryagents / redfin adds an extra layer of commission cut on top - the agent has to pay them $500+ for the referral, before even paying their broker (if a chain realtor).  This limits any possible rebate even further.

Just to clarify, a Realtor is a person who is a member of the National Board of Realtors or NAR. Brokers or real estate agents don't have to be a member of NAR, but can't call themselves a realtor unless they pay a fee and take one online ethics course every 4 years. 

The independent brokers don't have any franchise fees that they have to pay out of their commission and they can be more flexible as they don't have some corporate policy that they have to follow which may forbid rebating.  

rated:
The best option is no realtor at all. I purchased my first home without a realtor and it was pretty easy. We used DocuSign and the lawyers did the legal work. Found the home on Zillow, bought directly from seller. The sellers said they saved 20-30k in fees by not using a realtor. I didn't use one, so I don't know what value they provide.

rated:
My brother just purchased a house last week in Phoenix. $6k back at close (50% rebate). Very responsive. PM if you would like his contact.

rated:
Jim not bad. I just recently used one that gave 65% rebate in CA which in the bay area that's close to 18k back on a 1 million dollar home.

rated:
Luniz97 said:   Jim not bad. I just recently used one that gave 65% rebate in CA which in the bay area that's close to 18k back on a 1 million dollar home.
  That's a great rate. 50% was the highest he could find. Amazing more people don't use a rebating realtor.

rated:
Found one for 0% cost to sell. They are getting the 3% from my next purchase. Best part for them is I already picked out the house so no leg work showing me other places.

rated:
50-65% commission rebate options in SoCal definitely exist. Happy to connect.

rated:
Rcracer2017 said:   Found one for 0% cost to sell. They are getting the 3% from my next purchase. Best part for them is I already picked out the house so no leg work showing me other places.
  They make more money on the new purchase because of higher price most times. Do the math.. may not work in your favor. I found one that does 1.25% sell and 65% rebate on buy

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017