• filter:

Auto accident claim?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Ok so I honestly have no idea what to go on here so I'm hoping others can help give me general idea.... I was broadsided on the service road while driving into town a couple weeks ago. The other driver pulled out from a side street into the far lane where I was at. I was unable to swerve to the shoulder to avoid getting hit because there was just a ditch to my left. We pulled into the car dealership next to us and he came over and said he was sorry he hadn't seen me. Wrote his insurance information down and after I calmed down ( was shaking and dizzy) I pulled mine out as well and told him I needed to call the police for a report. He got a little ticked and said ok then I guess I can't leave. ( whatever wasn't my problem...) anyways police came out but never filed a report. Come to find out after filing a claim on his insurance that his car had been taken off his policy because the policy holder is his wife that is in the process of divorcing him. My uninsured moterist is taking the claim over but can't start the process till his insurance sends the denial letter over. ( they said by Friday because they have to send a letter to him since he is refusing to answer calls from his insurance and mine) I went to the ER where they did a ct scan and said I had a neck sprain ( whiplash) and I needed to follow up with a doctor or chiropractor. I've been going to an injury clinic since then for physical therapy and adjustments since the X-rays showed two vertebrae in my neck were slightly twisted now. When I go to my appointments on time I seem to be getting better slowly but if I miss them ( was unable to for a week because of a stomach bug my kids brought home from school) my pain seems to back track. My PIP is covering the medical bills for now but my pain and injury adjuster calls to check on me about my condition and such and said he just wanted to see how I was and that he needed notes for when it comes time for my " pain and suffering " claim. ( he called it something else but I can't remember what) I have been honest with him because I see no reason to lie. It has impacted my life in several ways in addition to lost time from work ( I only work part time anyway) and pain and doctor visits in ways such as the inability to go on my kids field trips, I was on meds for a week after as well which made it impossible for me to help with their homework and play with them. I still can't take care of my house like I need to because I can't lift my arms much not move my neck without some pain. If I try to work through it it gets worse. Hell I can't even "spend time" with my husband in bed. In addition to this I was unable to start school on my original start date because it was two days after the accident which means I'll be graduating later. ( trade school for massage therapy which is labor intensive) these are just a few ways it has impacted my life. I honestly don't know if they matter in a claim or not but I am wanted to be as educated as possible when they give me a settlement offer and wanted other people's opinions and experiences. ( and yes I know I should contact an attorney. I have discussed it with my husband however I still want an educated idea of what I should possibly expect as a reasonable settlement calculation. Or similar lol)

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
paragraphs please.

rated:
Summary: OP was in a car accident. <rant></rant>

rated:
Get a personal injury attorney ASAP.

In the end, expect to receive a settlement that's split between you, your attorney, and the medical team.

rated:
Sorry I was typing it up on my phone and it didn't actually put the indents in :/ and yes I get that it may seem ranting, I simply asked a question and wanted to give all the info. is this better? "I was in an accident and am curious if anyone knows how the insurance tends to calculate "pain and suffering" claims?

Thank you and I have contacted several attornies however they all want to meet at their office to discuss ( understandable) and they are all located in one of the two metro areas I'm right in the middle of and I have no way to make the 60 mile drive without being in too much pain to drive back home.

rated:
I had a response typed up but then i started digging and depending on the coverage you have you may very well be perfectly fine depending on the limits in your policy.

DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING FROM YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY YET. You are still in treatment, you still don't know the full affect of whats happened. An Attorney is very likely to get you more money than you would on your own, have a phone consult and provide as much information to them as you can that way. Maybe scan any documents you have and prepare for emails to be sent. Good luck and be thankful you had UIM, most people don't.

http://www.injuryclaimcoach.com/uninsured-motorist-bodily-injury...

rated:
ashleyrhoden said:   "I was in an accident and am curious if anyone knows how the insurance tends to calculate "pain and suffering" claims?
  I accidentally read OP's post and I am curious if anyone knows how much I can sue Fatwallet for "pain and suffering?"

rated:
Ma171aC said:   I had a response typed up but then i started digging and depending on the coverage you have you may very well be perfectly fine depending on the limits in your policy.

Thank you so much for the polite and on topic response.

rated:
OP, it looks like you may be posting with your real name or small variation on it. That can't be helpful if you are discussing any pending legal matter. Get your IDs here changed and try to stay more anonymous.

rated:
ashleyrhoden said:   Sorry I was typing it up on my phone and it didn't actually put the indents in :/ and yes I get that it may seem ranting, I simply asked a question and wanted to give all the info. is this better? "I was in an accident and am curious if anyone knows how the insurance tends to calculate "pain and suffering" claims?

Thank you and I have contacted several attornies however they all want to meet at their office to discuss ( understandable) and they are all located in one of the two metro areas I'm right in the middle of and I have no way to make the 60 mile drive without being in too much pain to drive back home.

Go back and ready your original post.  There's no question mark in there.  You didn't "simply" ask a question.

That said, a rough, back-of-the-napkin calculation for pain and suffering is three times your medical expenses. Since you're claiming all of this under your own uninsured policy, you know your limits.  If your total claim exceeds your limits, you could sue the at-fault party for the difference.  But don't do that without your own insurance company's permission or it would likely violate the terms of your uninsured policy.  See, they get to sue him to recover their costs, too.  And they get first crack at him.

rated:
What did your insurance company say when you asked them? You did ask them didn't you?

rated:
There's innuendo in the OP ("spending time" with hubby) and nobody even asked for pics? What is happening to FWF?

rated:
Ecuadorgr said:   There's innuendo in the OP ("spending time" with hubby) and nobody even asked for pics? What is happening to FWF?
  I didn't make it past the first line on the wall-of-text.

rated:
RED for WOT.

rated:
arhoden3 said:   Hell I can't even "spend time" with my husband in bed.
Sounds like your husband should sue for pain & suffering then (well, at least suffering).

BTW, how many personalities do you intend to use on here? The quote above is from account/personality "arhoden3". A previous poster quoted a post of your as being said by "ashleyrhoden" (where that post now says it was written by "Zebra167," so I guess you renamed one of your accounts/personalities). Suggest you pick one personality and stick with it, unless appearing crazy is your goal.

BTW, if you can still login w/ the "arhoden3" account, don't just be apologetic about the OP being one giant wall of text. Go back and edit it with paragraphs.

rated:
WOT should be against FW TOS. And WOT topics & posts should be flagged, put under review, then Mod should message OP. And if OP doesn't correct, the topic/post should never see the light of day.

rated:
Google translate provides the following:

I was broadsided on the service road while driving into town a couple weeks ago. The other driver pulled out from a side street into the far lane where I was at.

Police came out but never filed a report. Come to find out after filing a claim on his insurance that his car had been taken off his policy because the policy holder is his wife that is in the process of divorcing him. My uninsured motorist is taking the claim over but can't start the process till his insurance sends the denial letter over.

I went to the ER where they did a ct scan and said I had a neck sprain ( whiplash) and I needed to follow up with a doctor or chiropractor. I've been going to an injury clinic since then for physical therapy and adjustments since the X-rays showed two vertebrae in my neck were slightly twisted now.

My PIP is covering the medical bills for now but my pain and injury adjuster calls to check on me about my condition and such and said he just wanted to see how I was and that he needed notes for when it comes time for my " pain and suffering " claim.

I honestly don't know if they matter in a claim or not but I am wanted to be as educated as possible when they give me a settlement offer and wanted other people's opinions and experiences. ( and yes I know I should contact an attorney. I have discussed it with my husband however I still want an educated idea of what I should possibly expect as a reasonable settlement calculation. Or similar lol)

rated:
pics?

rated:
Don't go to the chiroquacktor.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017