• filter:

Navy Federal May offer - $50 referral and $50 for joining - Military and Dependents

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://www.navyfederal.org/thanks/?intcmp=hp|hero|1|mbrsp|mil|milapprec|05/01/2017||| 

Only people who qualify for membership can be referred.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Argyll said:   http://www.navyfederal.org/thanks/?intcmp=hp|hero|1|mbrsp|mil|milapprec|05/01/2017||| 

Only people who qualify for membership can be referred.

confused  because:

Everyone qualifies for NFCU membership.

OK, sure, for certain individuals it might be necessary first to join the San Diego chapter of the Navy League.  But anyone can join, and once having become a member that person qualifies straightaway for NFCU membership.  Thus, in essence, again:

Everyone qualifies for NFCU membership.

rated:
I was told by NFCU that membership by joining the San Diego Council of the Navy League is no longer available,

rated:
Receive $50
For Becoming A Member
Simply join using promo code MIL2017, and you'll get $50 deposited into your account.
Available for Active Duty and DoD civilians/contractors, as well as their dependents.

rated:
Just remember they do a hard pull on your credit for membership. Not sure if that is worth the $50.00 "gift"

rated:
Greatness said:   Just remember they do a hard pull on your credit for membership. Not sure if that is worth the $50.00 "gift"
  Every credit union does a hard pull for membership.  

rated:
Argyll said:   
Greatness said:   Just remember they do a hard pull on your credit for membership. Not sure if that is worth the $50.00 "gift"
  Every credit union does a hard pull for membership.  

Many credit unions do a hard pull for membership.

rated:
Just about all of them do. The exceptions are if you have a job in the company with which that credit union is originally associated. For instance, the State Department or NASA credit unions. If you actually are a State Dept. employee or a NASA employee, you may be able to join without a hard pull. Expect a hard pull if you are not an employee of the organization for which the credit union was founded.

rated:
Argyll said:   Just about all of them do. The exceptions are if you have a job in the company with which that credit union is originally associated. For instance, the State Department or NASA credit unions. If you actually are a State Dept. employee or a NASA employee, you may be able to join without a hard pull. Expect a hard pull if you are not an employee of the organization for which the credit union was founded.

I've been a member of about half a dozen credit unions.  The only hard pulls were PenFed and Navy. 

rated:

rated:
so if I, a non military NFCU member refer a relative who is also not military and is only able to join because they are my relative... that person would not get the $50 membership bonus and I would not get the $50 referral?

rated:
nwill002 said:   so if I, a non military NFCU member refer a relative who is also not military and is only able to join because they are my relative... that person would not get the $50 membership bonus and I would not get the $50 referral?
Edited:  This bonus is only for military and dependents according to a rep at NFCU.

rated:

rated:
How do you apply using the membership in San Diego chapter of the Navy League? I dont see that option online.
Do I need to apply by phone/mail?

rated:
DPG said:   Refer your kid and you each get $50:

afsrc=1&mid=19866919&eurl=https%3A%2F%2Fmyaccounts.navyfederal.org%2FNFCU%2Faccountservices%2Fifse%3Fid%3Dminormembershipapplication&orig=forums.finance

this link goes to logon prompt and Im not seeing something similar when logging in
EDIT: ok its taking me to the page you are linking to now in chrome but I see no reference that doing this will give child + parent $50 each.  Did this work for you already?

rated:
"Members eligible for this offer include Coast Guard, all Department of Defense uniformed personnel, reservists, Active Duty, retired, Army and Air National Guard, DoD civilian employees, contractors and their dependents."

Is there some historical knowledge of them granting the bonus that trumps this language? I only recently joined NFCU but this seems to say that only military folks can do this. It is in connection with miltiary month so that may be some rationale for it being different from other offers.

The last such offer clearly articulated friends and family: Linky

rated:
You're right. This one is only for military or dependents.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017