• filter:

Discover Miles automatically converted to Discover It?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
As the title says, I had an old Discover Miles card that was seemingly converted to a Discover It card sometime in the last couple days.  Name and picture of card on my Discover page now show a Discover It card.  Wondering if it's just a glitch, or if they actually changed the card on me.  I don't recall getting any correspondence about it.  Anyone else?

Also, if the change is legit: wondering if I'll be eligible for the 1st year cashback match on this card.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
What did Discover say when you called them?

rated:
You know its a "Discover It... Miles" card right? They all say Discover It Across the top, and then miles in small print near the bottom right.

rated:
daw4888 said:   You know its a "Discover It... Miles" card right? They all say Discover It Across the top, and then miles in small print near the bottom right.

Mine was an old Miles card from before "Discover It" was even a thing (2001).  It has seemingly been converted to a regular "Discover It" card (the cash version), rather than the "Discover It Miles" card one would expect them to convert it to.  This is corroborated by the fact that my miles have been converted to cashback amounts.

rated:
Next question: Are you going to get a year of double like some other recent product change events to Discover It ?

rated:
Mine is still just "Miles by Discover" right now.

rated:
You definitely want the Discover It Miles.

*It 1% cash back

*It Miles 1.5% "miles"...which are identical as cash back.

It Miles with the 2x cash back is a great deal. 3% effective cash back for a year. We ran that thing ragged.

rated:
JW10 said:   Next question: Are you going to get a year of double like some other recent product change events to Discover It ?

great minds think alike.  That's the first place my mind went to... And I'm wondering... do they also double the cash you earn in the 5% categories? If so, that's a pretty sweet deal.

Guess I'll call them and find out what's going on here, since at least one person in here reported not getting auto-converted.  FWIW, this change happened right on or around my statement closing date, so it could be they're converting people on their next statement close date.

rated:
defjukie said:   do they also double the cash you earn in the 5% categories?

Yes. Also any bonuses (like the referral bonus) and Discover Deals shopping portal cash back.

rated:
doveroftke said:   

Yes. Also any bonuses (like the referral bonus) and Discover Deals shopping portal cash back.

Sweet. Thanks for the tip. 

I've confirmed with Discover that I am indeed eligible for the promotion... though they didn't really explain why the card was converted. I'll take it though!
keep an eye out if you have one of these old Discover Miles cards, could be a nice free bonus coming your way. 

rated:
doveroftke said:   

Yes, it's ridiculously generous if you have any big-ticket purchases to make with the right combination of category bonus and portal.

rated:
FWIW, my UA tix purchase has just triggered the $30-Wifi credit on my Discover IT Miles card:
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1428867?newest=1#last

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017