• filter:

Chase targeted email: car loan refi starting at 0.00% ?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
My wife and I (both Chase CC holders) got this email recently and of course, offering us 0% to refinance our car loans with Chase does sound too good to be true.  :p  Has anyone else received this and bothered calling Chase @ 1-855-292-7294 to find out if a potential 0% rate is a screwup?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
If you login to your account, does it also show up under the offers with 0%?

rated:
where are offers on Chase online?

rated:
What does it say in the fine print?

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   If you login to your account, does it also show up under the offers with 0%?

The only thing I saw there was a 0% intro APR on a Chase Slate card.

speedracer714 said:   What does it say in the fine print?

Not much, I added it as an attachment in the OP.

rated:
Google that phone # and nothing really comes up. That seems suspicious. But maybe they just put that # in service special to this deal? Can't imagine why they'd go to that effort. Also can't see why Chase would be giving out free loans. I've never seen them competitive on interest rates.

eta:   I do see it says that rates "start at 0%" and in the fine print it says actual rates will be determined when you apply.    Could just be a marketing trick where virtually nobody can qualify for 0%.

rated:
I also received the email and called them this afternoon. They claimed it was a mistake and it should have said from 3.49% with a .50% discount with automatic payments. Needless to say, I said thanks and hung up.

rated:
Thanks imsachin, I figured it was a mistake but it never hurts to ask around.

rated:
Correction email just hit my inbox.

My initial offer said rates starting at -.45%.

rated:
jaytrader said:   where are offers on Chase online?
I think it's like a little flag on top. Usually has the open a checking / savings account for 300 / 500 (both + 15k for 3 or 6 months to qualify) or credit card offers like the sapphire reserve offer for 60k points. Was hoping the car one would also show up there instead of just email offer.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017