• filter:

NO AF FNB AMEX Card $100 credits/yr $250 bonus/ $2500 spend

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://www.firstnational.com/site/personal/credit-card/amex/amex-travelite.fhtml 

• 3x points per $1 spent on travel purchases1
  • 1.5x points per $1 spent on everyday purchases1
  • Earn 25,000 points to redeem for a $250 statement credit, when you spend $2,500 in the first 3 billing cycles1
  • $100 Global Entry Credit2 – Save time and bypass the lines for TSA screening and customs at select U.S. airports if approved. Pay your Global Entry application fee and receive the full $100 back as a statement credit.
  • $100 Travel Discretionary Fund3 - Enroll your TravElite Card with Premium Concierge and receive up to $100 in statement credits yearly to use for baggage, fees, airport lounge access, on-board food and beverage and more.
  • Your variable APR based on the Prime Rate will be 16.49% to 23.49% on purchases and balance transfers, based on your creditworthiness4
  • No Foreign Transaction Fee4
  • No Annual Fee4

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
That is good to know incase you dont get your $100 spent before December.  For me either way will end up the same since ... (more)

daw4888 (May. 24, 2017 @ 2:50p) |

I was told you don't have to re-register at all, and the email implies that one registration was sufficient too. (It say... (more)

gergles (May. 24, 2017 @ 2:57p) |

Here's the email they send post registration (highlighting mine):

TheDiggler (May. 24, 2017 @ 4:00p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
FNBO has been mailing preapprovals for their other cards to me. I needed a travel card so I apped for this card.  Declined with 750 ficos, 6 yr AAOA, many accounts due to sign up rewards. Haven't received reason for decline yet

rated:
C13njrr said:   FNBO has been mailing preapprovals for their other cards to me. I needed a travel card so I apped for this card.  Declined with 750 ficos, 6 yr AAOA, many accounts due to sign up rewards. Haven't received reason for decline yet
  FNBO is very sensitive to inquiries (read: doesn't like opportunists). Yesterday, I got declined, with 790+ ficos, 15 yr + credit history, & multiple $20k+ limits.  Last month, I even got instantly approved for $35k+ VIsa.  But FNBO didn't like my 20+ inquires in 1 year

rated:
In their application, Savings/Investments Accounts can only be entered 999,999.00 as the maximum amount.

rated:
vickh said:   
  • Earn 25,000 points to redeem for a $250 statement credit, when you spend $2,500 in the first 3 billing cycles1

Any reason the above hasn't been mentioned in the thread subject? Sounds like $250 bonus after $2500 spend (in first 90 days).

rated:
TheDiggler said:   
vickh said:   

Any reason the above hasn't been mentioned in the thread subject? Sounds like $250 bonus after $2500 spend (in first 90 days).

edited...

rated:
Looks like the mods removed the e-Shlong posts. I'm not quite getting how FNBO is able to offer such generous benefits on a NO AF card. At any rate, if you apply and receive a deferral, you can check the status of your application here:

https://www.firstnational.com/ConsumerWeb/default/cardservices/application-status/show-form

rated:
They get high interchange thanks to being on the Amex network, and expect that people will forget to 'activate' the GE and $100 incidental credit. The incidental credit is also fairly restrictive.

rated:
gergles said:   They get high interchange thanks to being on the Amex network, and expect that people will forget to 'activate' the GE and $100 incidental credit. The incidental credit is also fairly restrictive.
  hard to 'activate' the GE and $100 incidental credit.??

rated:
vickh said:   
gergles said:   They get high interchange thanks to being on the Amex network, and expect that people will forget to 'activate' the GE and $100 incidental credit. The incidental credit is also fairly restrictive.

You have to make the Global Entry application after you receive the FBNO card and use the card to pay the $100 fee.  If your application is not approved, FNBO will not reimburse you even though the fee is not refunded if you are declined.  

rated:
jhburgess said:   ... If your application is not approved, FNBO will not reimburse you even though the fee is not refunded if you are declined.  

I don't see that anywhere. Can you provide that detail information?

rated:
u2head8 said:   
jhburgess said:   ... If your application is not approved, FNBO will not reimburse you even though the fee is not refunded if you are declined.  

Shouldn't the fee look the exact same no matter if your denied or approved?  How do they even know the outcome of your application?

I got a mailer for this card a couple weeks back, and was approved, even with 16 inquiries on my credit report, with 4 this calendar year.  One annoying thing is they don't show pending charges.  They show a total amount pending, but not what they are.  This is highly annoying if you want to track your spending daily.

Also you have to call in to registrar for Premium Concierge that then allows you to get the $100 travel fund, as well as the GE credit.

rated:
u2head8 said:   

2 Global Entry is a U.S. government program and approval is not guaranteed. Complete details, restrictions and exclusions will be provided when you are an approved Cardmember.

You may be right, but the details aren't clear.  Also, the details for the GE reimbursement are not even mentioned in the credit details on the page.  Apparently, that only comes with the card.  My application was approved but I haven't received the actual card yet.  

rated:
vickh said:   

Nah, you just have to call the "Premium Concierge" and wait for an email confirmation before either of those benefits are available to you.  

rated:
This appears to be a direct assault against the Sapphire Reserve with the no fee structure & the added .5% on everyday purchases, etc. Chase may have to up the ante if they begin to lose market share to this and products from other banks which are likely on the horizon. I may have to reconsider keeping the CSR in ~4 months...

rated:
gergles said:   
vickh said:   

Nah, you just have to call the "Premium Concierge" and wait for an email confirmation before either of those benefits are available to you.  

sales pitch?

rated:
Am i missing something .. or is this a pretty good deal?

No AF and you get $250 signup bonus (after spending requirement).
Plus if anyone is planning to get global entry .. that's another $100.

Is the $100 incidental easy to get?

rated:
GoldenSacks said:   In their application, Savings/Investments Accounts can only be entered 999,999.00 as the maximum amount.
  I was able to enter 999,999.99.

rated:
A little offtopic - their Summary of Credit Terms page has this at the bottom:

Hardware/Software Requirements
A computer capable of accessing Internet web pages and a printer or other device capable of printing and/or retaining Internet-based data. It is recommended that you retain a copy of the consumer credit disclosure for your records. The minimum browser requirements include: Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher or Netscape Navigator 3.0 or higher. The recommended screen resolution is 800x600. It is recommended that you use a browser that is capable of 128-bit encryption and SSL 3.0.

1997 called. They want the Netscape Navigator and IE 4.0 back. Needless to say their web pages will not work with their stated minimum requirements. It will fail at SSLv3 handshake.

rated:
1995 called, they want... their "certain year called wanting its blank back" formula back.

rated:
C13njrr said:   FNBO has been mailing preapprovals for their other cards to me. I needed a travel card so I apped for this card.  Declined with 750 ficos, 6 yr AAOA, many accounts due to sign up rewards. Haven't received reason for decline yet

What?  They will decline even with mailed preapprovals?
Mine says it is valid until end of next month.  I'm waiting until next month to apply so I don't have to overlap my spending requirement period with the card that I just got.

rated:
Applied and got a thank you page with no information about approval or deferred. Checked the link in the thread about 6 hours later and showed approved.

rated:
So I'm thinking about applying for this (one for me, one for the wife) but we are just getting ready to get a preapproval for a second home. Will this severely ding my credit in a way that will adversely affect our preapproval (we both currently have FICO scores over 800)? Thanks to all for your thoughts.

rated:
Spooie said:   So I'm thinking about applying for this (one for me, one for the wife) but we are just getting ready to get a preapproval for a second home. Will this severely ding my credit in a way that will adversely affect our preapproval (we both currently have FICO scores over 800)? Thanks to all for your thoughts.

No one can really answer this. I'd wait if it was me.

rated:
Stubtify said:   
Spooie said:   So I'm thinking about applying for this (one for me, one for the wife) but we are just getting ready to get a preapproval for a second home. Will this severely ding my credit in a way that will adversely affect our preapproval (we both currently have FICO scores over 800)? Thanks to all for your thoughts.

No one can really answer this. I'd wait if it was me.

eh a single inquiry will definitely not pull down 800+ to below 740.  Anyone can answer that. (assuming actual middle score FICOs your lender will use are over 800 and not just some fakos)

rated:
I got a targeted piece of mail about the card, applied just now and was instantly approved. 780ish, tons of recent apps and open 20k+ lines.

rated:
Can't activate online? Will the "concierge: activate?

rated:
IIRC you can activate the card online, But you have to call in to activate the Premium Concierge.

rated:
FYI was a quick call to register for credits, no wait and no salespitch. Guessing the idea is some people just forget to call and activate, or perhaps to force a quick personal touch, but noting the earlier comment about Netscape maybe this company just avoids IT updates.

rated:
daw4888 said:   IIRC you can activate the card online, But you have to call in to activate the Premium Concierge.
Indeed you have to call in to activate the Premium Concierge benefit (see attached instructions insert [top half: side 1, bottom half: side 2]. Was informed that this benefit needs to be re-activated every CALENDAR YEAR (so around Jan 1st of each year you should re-activate it).

rated:
TheDiggler said:   
daw4888 said:   IIRC you can activate the card online, But you have to call in to activate the Premium Concierge.
Indeed you have to call in to activate the Premium Concierge benefit (see attached instructions insert [top half: side 1, bottom half: side 2]. Was informed that this benefit needs to be re-activated every CALENDAR YEAR (so around Jan 1st of each year you should re-activate it).

Interesting - I was informed that activation is required after the CARD'S ANNIVERSARY, not at the beginning of the calendar year.

rated:
I personally don't care how often I have to call to reactivate, $100 a year for bag fees for $0 is a steal.  

rated:
I would assume you have to re-activate every Card Anniversary year, since the benefit goes by that, and not be Calendar year like a normal amex plat.

rated:
daw4888 said:   I would assume you have to re-activate every Card Anniversary year, since the benefit goes by that, and not be Calendar year like a normal amex plat.
When I activated my membership (recently), I clarified this with the person who assisted.  He stated that it's CALENDAR year (and then re-stated it). I mentioned to him that I assumed my membership was good through May 2018. He responded by reminding me that it's CALENDAR YEAR, so I'd need to re-activate it in January 2018 (if I want to maximize the time period of the benefit).

rated:
TheDiggler said:   
daw4888 said:   I would assume you have to re-activate every Card Anniversary year, since the benefit goes by that, and not be Calendar year like a normal amex plat.
When I activated my membership (recently), I clarified this with the person who assisted.  He stated that it's CALENDAR year (and then re-stated it). I mentioned to him that I assumed my membership was good through May 2018. He responded by reminding me that it's CALENDAR YEAR, so I'd need to re-activate it in January 2018 (if I want to maximize the time period of the benefit).

That is good to know incase you dont get your $100 spent before December.  For me either way will end up the same since my benefit will be used up long before the end of the year.

rated:
I was told you don't have to re-register at all, and the email implies that one registration was sufficient too. (It says you'll receive credits.. "each calendar year".)

rated:
Here's the email they send post registration (highlighting mine):
+1 855-327-1432  travElite@yourconcierge.us

Dear <name>,

You have successfully enrolled your First National Bank of Omaha TravElite American Express(R) Card for the TravElite Card Airline Fee Credit benefit. You will receive up to $100 in statement credits each calendar year for airline incidental fees charged on your TravElite Card.

Eligible airline incidental fees include:

- Checked baggage fees
- Overweight / oversize baggage fees
- Itinerary change fees
- Phone reservation fees
- Pet flight fees
- Airport lounge day passes
- Seat assignment fees
- In-flight amenity fees (beverages, food, pillows/blankets, etc.)
- In-flight entertainment fees

Please allow 2-4 weeks after you charge the incidental fee(s) on your TravElite Card for the statement credits to appear on your account.
Eligibility is determined based on transaction data submitted by the airlines. If you do not see a credit after 4 weeks, simply call Concierge.

You have also been enrolled in the Global Entry benefit, to complete the Global Entry application process, please proceed with the following steps:

• Apply for the program at globalentry.gov
• Pay the $100 application fee with your TravElite Card and we will credit the application fee back to your account.
• Once your application is submitted Global Entry will schedule an in-person interview with you, typically your nearest major city airport.

If you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact us anytime. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Kind Regards,
Contact Person #1
TravElite American Express Concierge
+1 855-327-1432
Contact Person #2
TravElite American Express Concierge
+1 855-327-1432

Amex US - TravElite Travel Credit

This credit card program is issued and administered by First National Bank of Omaha pursuant to a license from American Express. American Express is a federally registered service mark of American Express.

Concierge service provided by a duly licensed third party concierge provider: Ten Lifestyle Management, USA.
Cardmembers are responsible for the cost of any goods or services purchased through the Concierge on the Cardmember's behalf.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017