Financial Accounts and Virtual Assistants

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was wondering, for those of you who have virtual assistants, do you give them access to your financial accounts? How much information do you give them? Do you feel comfortable giving them your financial information when you're paying the assistant pretty low rates?

For those that have virtual assistants in and outside your own country, are your answers different for your country/outside based VAs? (Reason I'm putting it that way is due to ease of enforcing contracts, risk of IP address differences freaking out the banks, etc.)

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What does your assistant's virtue have to do with anything. It's really none of your business what she does with her private life.

Homework research?

I once let my secretary use my personal credit card to order flowers for a hospitalized employee, and even that made me a little nervous.  There's no way I'd have a virtual assistant having login credentials to my financial accounts.

While you're here- why don't you write a post about your experiences and applications for using a virtual assistant? Or, I guess, have the assistant write it?

A virtual assistant sounds perfect for tedious but simple work like regularly checking account activity to make sure no one else has gotten access.

SlimTim said:   A virtual assistant sounds perfect for tedious but simple work like regularly checking account activity to make sure no one else has gotten access.
  Then give them access to Mint.

Ha, I was being sarcastic. I don't even give Mint (or anything like it) a copy of my credentials.

TravelerMSY said:   While you're here- why don't you write a post about your experiences and applications for using a virtual assistant? Or, I guess, have the assistant write it?
  I had one in the US who moved from a VA group to operate independently. She later changed careers so put me in touch of one the people she used. So my current VA is based in India.

I've used him for a lot of stuff-some examples:
-keeping track of receipts (i just forward emails or email pictures to him)
-managing rebates
-contacting companies for assistance with things (he just got me an RMA number for returning an item for instance)
-making reservations/doing things that are required to be done at a precise time (checking in for Southwest flights, trying to get tickets to events, etc.

Nice Information.

I am sensing a shill setup. Wait for a third "new member" to now pitch a VA service.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017