• filter:

Wells Fargo $150 Checking Bonus (participating locations Only)

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Link 

Receive a sign up bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account with Wells Fago and within 60 days complete both of the following two requirements:
1. Make 10 debit card purchases/payments.
2. Make two purchases that total at least $10 using the Wells Fargo Debit Card loaded to your mobile wallet.
Wells Fargo said: Eligibility:
Everyday Checking is the only eligible account for the offer.
You cannot be:
A current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account A Wells Fargo team member
A recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer)
Bonus Qualifications: Open a new Everyday Checking account in a participating branch or online with a minimum opening deposit of $25 (not including the bonus) by September 15, 2017. Within 60 days of account opening, make 10 purchases/ payments with your new Wells Fargo Debit Card AND make 2 purchases totaling at least $10 with the Wells Fargo Debit Card loaded to your mobile wallet. The 10 debit card purchases/payments must be from the primary linked consumer checking account opened for this offer. Purchases or payments made with your debit card, or debit card number, count as a debit card purchase/payment. Transactions at an ATM or purchases/payments made using your checking account number and routing transit number through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) do not count as a debit card purchase/payment. The 2 debit card purchases with the mobile wallet must be a cumulative of at least $10 and are in addition to the 10 purchases/payments with your Wells Fargo Debit Card. The mobile wallet purchases can be made with Wells Fargo Wallet™ for Android, Android Pay™, Apple Pay® or Samsung Pay™
Offer subject to change and may be discontinued at any time.
Offer available only in the following participating locations (branch and online): Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boise, ID; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO; Columbus, GA; Denver, CO; Fresno-Visalia, CA; Ft. Wayne, IN; Greensboro, NC; Greenville, NC; Greenville, SC-NC; Harrisburg, PA; Hartford & New Haven, CT; Jacksonville, FL; Las Vegas, NV; Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN; Monterey-Salinas, CA; Norfolk, VA; Omaha, NE; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Reno, NV; Richmond-Petersburg, VA; Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA; Sacramento, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; Seattle-Tacoma, WA; Spokane, WA; W. Palm Beach, FL.

Thanks DoC 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Believe it or not, I don't have a phone that will work with their mobile app. What's the cheapest phone I can get that works with Android Pay?

rated:
marysm said:   Believe it or not, I don't have a phone that will work with their mobile app. What's the cheapest phone I can get that works with Android Pay?
Cheapest option will be eBay but if you want something to use on a regular basis then you can get decent android phone now for about $30 - $40 and about $10 - $20 on Black Friday.
You can also look at various MVNO offers including tracfone which will give you the phone for "free" or cheap depending on the deal.
Search the forum as it really depends on your preferences of providers or your current provider/contract etc.
The options are mind boggling.

rated:
Thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear... I have no interest in switching providers, etc. or using the phone as a phone. I am just interested in using it for deals like this. I borrowed a friends iPhone for the Discover Apple Pay deal. For Apple Pay at least, you don't need service to use the feature.

rated:
marysm said:   Thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear... I have no interest in switching providers, etc. or using the phone as a phone. I am just interested in using it for deals like this. I borrowed a friends iPhone for the Discover Apple Pay deal. For Apple Pay at least, you don't need service to use the feature.
In that case just buy a used android for about $10 but you'll need free WiFi at the place you are planning to use it.
For that, you can either use the store's WiFi (e.g. Starbucks) or look into this deal (you'll need an unlocked GSM android phone).

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
marysm said:   Thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear... I have no interest in switching providers, etc. or using the phone as a phone. I am just interested in using it for deals like this. I borrowed a friends iPhone for the Discover Apple Pay deal. For Apple Pay at least, you don't need service to use the feature.
In that case just buy a used android for about $10 but you'll need free WiFi at the place you are planning to use it.
For that, you can either use the store's WiFi (e.g. Starbucks ) or look into this deal (you'll need an unlocked GSM android phone).

Which models of Android phones work with Andriod Pay? I did some googling and most sites only mention recent, and more expensive, phones.

rated:
marysm said:   
marcopolomle said:   
For that, you can either use the store's WiFi (e.g. Starbucks ) or look into this deal (you'll need an unlocked GSM android phone).

Which models of Android phones work with Andriod Pay? I did some googling and most sites only mention recent, and more expensive, phones.

Any android phone with NFC should work.
For example, my LG Volt on Android "KitKat" works. LG Volt were sold for $20 around BF.
You can find a used one on eBay for that price but ask the seller beforehand.

rated:
All customers at participating locations should be getting this automatically yes?

rated:
Just applied for this bonus! According to this review I found, it incurs a soft pull! Just spoke with a rep and it indeed is a soft pull. Thanks OP!

rated:
how does Wells Fargo Wallet work, and where/how can I use it? TIA

rated:
remember those of us who did the $250 bonus earlier this year are not eligible
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1550685

rated:
How frequent do Wells offer $250 bonus? Should I wait for the bigger bonus?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017