• filter:

Bonus on bank account for a 15 year old

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I need to open a bank account for my 15 year old and I was trying to see if there is any bank that would give me an opening bonus for opening an account for a minor. My name would be on that account too. I don't care whether the bank is B&M or online. I checked with Chase and they said that they will not honor a coupon for a 15 year old. Any ideas?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I opened the Capital One Money accounts for my kids using the $25 referral bonus a few years ago.  The Alliant Teen Checking account also looks good, but I'm not aware of any bonus.

rated:
Would it work if you make it joint?

rated:
Chase said even a joint account wouldn't work because I already have an account with them

rated:
bharatiya said:   because I already have an account with them

What about the mother?

rated:
Doctor of Credit says Best Bank Account Bonuses

I am NOT sure how this would work for a minor. You may want to call the bank you are considering before doing the application. Some of the applications ask if you are over 13, but I do not recall which ones.

rated:
Does your 15 year old have a state issued ID or passport? If so, you might be able to do TD Bank's bonus from the Doctor of Credit blog that JW10 linked to. I would try doing that one or an M&T one with his info and ID and see if it allows it based on his age. If not, I doubt you could get a bonus in branch with a different bank, but it still might be worth a shot.

rated:
Yes. She does have a passport. I will try that. Thank you both!

rated:
Chyvan said:   
bharatiya said:   because I already have an account with them

What about the mother?

Mother has one too.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017