TD Business Solutions Credit Card I didn't ask for

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Received an email that a TD Business solutions card was mailed out which I did not request.  I have a personal TD Bank card.

i checked my credit report for free to see if any new inqueries or cards were added and do not see any.  Did anyone get such an email?  I am wondering if it was sent in error.  The email was sent to my non spam email where others are sent and looks to be official.  

Was thinking TD Bank was pulling a Wells Fargo with new accounts being opened without permission or someone was committing identity theft.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Called up TDBank. No cards were opened in my name. No links and official servers on the email. Even the activation number is owned by TDBank listed in the email. Rep denies they sent this email which I also forwarded over to their phishing website.

Meant phishing email address.

deeder said:   Received an email that a TD Business solutions card was mailed out which I did not request.  I have a personal TD Bank card.

i checked my credit report for free to see if any new inqueries or cards were added and do not see any.  Did anyone get such an email?  I am wondering if it was sent in error.  The email was sent to my non spam email where others are sent and looks to be official.  

Was thinking TD Bank was pulling a Wells Fargo with new accounts being opened without permission or someone was committing identity theft.

I actually received over 10 unique, unrequested cards over a period of a few months from PNC bank.  They had no record of the cards being sent, and no hard pull was on my record.  The explanation:  "computer generated auto-mailing error."  

I said yuck.  And then I closed all my accounts with them.

Got a followup email letting me know the email was sent in error. I could tell it was from the banks email servers.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017