• filter:

Gardner Museum Doubles Reward For Stolen Artwork To $10M

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Maybe someone on FWF knows something?†Sure beats bank bonuses, MSing, etc.*

From press release: †"The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museumís Board of Trustees announced today that it is doubling its reward from $5 million to $10 million for information leading to the return of 13 works of art stolen from the Museum in 1990. The increased offer is available immediately and expires at midnight on December 31, 2017."

Background & more at: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/24/529848502/hot-...

* †Clarification: †I think of myself at second to none when it comes to chasing bonuses, rates, etc. †Just saying that $10m for dropping the dime on someone is pretty enticing. †

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
what do you mean by "sure beats bank bonuses"?
you sure don't imply FWF folks to go start looking for these stolen art pieces, do you?

rated:
I am on it!

rated:
tuphat said:   Maybe someone on FWF knows something?†Sure beats bank bonuses, MSing, etc.
†The lottery also beats bank bonuses.

And I'm pretty sure if anyone at FW knew anything or stood a chance of finding out anything useful, they would've already jumped at the $5 million reward.† They dont say it, but doubling the reward isnt for the general public; its a targeted offer intended to convince the perp's wife it is worth blowing in her husband, or give the get-away driver a reason to turn on the rest of the crew.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017