• filter:

Discover Price Protection terms: Am I being thick?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
The terms for Discover's Price Protection include this line:
12. Computer components including but not limited to external and internal hard drives, CPUs, power supplies, batteries, DVDs, video cassettes, CDs, audio cassettes, printed materials, or any other informational and recreational media

In your opinion, are books excluded under this? What about textbooks? Audio CDs? AA batteries used to power something other than a computer?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Which textbook is a computer component?

rated:
haoniukun said:   Which textbook is a computer component?
  Which video cassette, audio cassette, printed materials, or informational media is a computer component?

rated:
I filed a price protection claim for a textbook and the benefit administrator denied it citing that term. I argued that the cited exclusion was only for computer parts, they refused to budge saying Discover set the terms and interpretations and it was out of their hands. I called Discover and the customer service rep agreed with me and credited my account for the amount of the claim.

rated:
doveroftke said:   I filed a price protection claim for a textbook and the benefit administrator denied it citing that term. I argued that the cited exclusion was only for computer parts, they refused to budge saying Discover set the terms and interpretations and it was out of their hands. I called Discover and the customer service rep agreed with me and credited my account for the amount of the claim.
  Book might fall under "printed materials".
Not saying it is, in the current context of "computer component". But that is probably how the person denying the claim interpreted it.

rated:
They more or less exclude anything that depreciates quickly.

rated:
You got a bad seed. It is pretty clear to me that they mean "Anything that is shipped with a computer (a component) or used by it (media)".

A textbook wouldn't fall under that.

rated:
sfchris said:   You got a bad seed. It is pretty clear to me that they mean "Anything that is shipped with a computer (a component) or used by it (media)".

A textbook wouldn't fall under that.

I talked to two different reps and a supervisor twice (same guy both times), he said they had very detailed guidelines about what was excluded.

rated:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017