• filter:

Chase sapphire no fee visa sig vs Capital One Premier Dining World Mc Elite

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Saw the new Capital One premier dining world mastercard elite with no annual fee.  Rewards are better as well as fee structure than my Chase sapphire card without any annual fee.

Is the Capital One card better in all ways such as rewards and perks and how does Capital One customer service compare to Chase.  The concierge line seems to go to a special elite number but I don't know how dealing with customer service is.  

With so many cards on the market, would the Capital One premier dining make sense?  

Chase has foreign currency fees, and forex fees and lower rewards for dining and groceries.  Chase is Visa Signature, Capital One is World Mastercard Elite.  I don't see any free Visa Infinite cards which I believe is the equivalent to World Mastercard Elite,

Saw a credit union who called their Visa Signature card Elite but there is no Visa Signature Elite product from Visa.

3% cashback for dining, 2% on groceries and 1% everything else on Capital One.  Chase is 2% dining and 1% everything else.  I forgot the travel % for Chase but I don't use it for travel.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I want to convert my Quicksilver (World MasterCard) to this new card. I'm assuming World Elite gets better benefits.

rated:
Quicksilver cards get promotions from Uber and Spotify so its a good card for some even still. People used to say Capital One was for peoole with weaker crediit.  

More no fee cards are appearing with World Mastercard Elite.

rated:
Powza said:   I want to convert my Quicksilver (World MasterCard) to this new card. I'm assuming World Elite gets better benefits.

I called to try to do that, but the rep said they are not allowing conversions to this product at this time.

rated:
deeder said:   Quicksilver cards get promotions from Uber and Spotify so its a good card for some even still. People used to say Capital One was for peoole with weaker crediit.  

More no fee cards are appearing with World Mastercard Elite.

My two low credit line Capitol One cards suggest that they are pretty risk averse, actually.  I think their two lines combined are STILL less than any single card I have from another issuer -- other than two special cases.  (Chase Amazon gave me a low limit too, I need to call them to re-allocate I guess) 

rated:
Is the dining rewards your biggest draw to this card?
3% dining doesn't seem very worth while in my book for burning up a new card slot on my credit. Between Chase Freedom and Discover (which are 2 solid cards to always have in your wallet) you get 5% coverage for half the year. I then fill in the gaps with US Bank cash+ with 5% fast food/2% restaurants.

rated:
nwill002 said:   3% dining doesn't seem very worth while in my book for burning up a new card slot on my credit.
Probably not worth it for most people. It takes 3 hard pulls (one on each bureau) and has a mediocre sign-up bonus.
In case you already have a CapitalOne card that is sock-drawered, PC would make the most sense. But they do not allow it unfortunately (sources: chat, regular CS call). Maybe worth trying PC through executive office... They have bee very helpful in past (but that was several years ago).

In any case, too much hassle for me to change one sock-drawered card to a different card that will still remain sock-drawered.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017