• filter:

Free individual automatic recurring payments

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I've been searching online and in the forums, and either I've lost my searching ability or this task seems way harder than it should be.  I want some way to make free automated bank to bank transfers to an individual.  My bank does not allow sending money to someone else's bank account as a recurring payment.  I can send a check with bill pay, but then the person recieves a check and has to deposit it, which is a pain.  I also can manually send through any number of services (Paypal, Google Wallet, Squarecash, Venmo) and some of them would even allow the recipient to automatically transfer that payment to their bank account, but none of them allow me to set up recurring payments.  Is there a simple way to do this that I'm missing?  I think the hard way would be to set up a business account with one of the pay services and then the recipient could request recurring payments, which I could approve, but I don't see why setting up a business account should be necessary. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
If you have a wells fargo business account, ACH transfers are currently free.

rated:
8 out of 9 banks, I had my personal checking account with, are allowing to set up a free recurring ACH transfer to a linked account.

To link account, your bank will send 2 micro deposits to your payee. You would have to ask them to check their statements/online banking to provide those 2 deposits amounts to you.

With this method you are not risking anything, but your payee might have an issue with it. By linking accounts you will also be able to pull funds from their account - hence this is a matter of trust. For your payee this is not a risk of loosing money, it is only a risk of spending time of recovering funds from your bank.

If above method does not work for you,  research recurring p2p option.

Both of the above are quite standard offerings for PERSONAL checking accounts at any major bank in US. I am quite surprised that you are unable to do it.

rated:
cuant said:   8 out of 9 banks, I had my personal checking account with, are allowing to set up a free recurring ACH transfer to a linked account.
Both of the above are quite standard offerings for PERSONAL checking accounts at any major bank in US. I am quite surprised that you are unable to do it.
I am not sure if this is against any law, but it is most likely against every bank's account agreement. In every case I know the account holder of the External Account must be the same individual or business entity as the account holder of the source account.

rated:
Popmoney supports recurring P2P direct deposit transacations. You can get a Popmoney account through Ally bank, or maybe can just open one directly on their site (but that might have fees.)

rated:
i've done it in the past with a landlord. his bank, wells fargo, had a way to receive payments on his behalf. i setup the autopay from my account to send to his account and my account sent his account a check but was received and deposited by his bank.

rated:
Try clearXchange

rated:
PopMoney - I am seeing this in more and more banks that I go into for the signup bonus.

rated:
normanmaclean said:   then the person recieves a check and has to deposit it, which is a pain.

Yeah, if it were 1960. The person can just deposit with their mobile phone.

Besides that, I used to send myself bill pay checks because I got National City points for up to 5 bill pays per month. After about two of those checks, wording on the stubs said that I could setup ACH to have the checks direct deposited to my account.

Just do the bill pays, and let the recipient deal with how they want to get the money into their account.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017