• filter:

[ banks ] -- for anyone highly knowledgeable and experienced, can you link to the single best analysis of the best bank

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
[ banks ] -- for anyone highly knowledgeable and experienced, can you link to the single best analysis of the best bank in 2017?

please be thoughtful and extensive

* excessive stupid security
* bad customer services
* etc. etc. etc.

it's a big problem

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
We all know what works best for our individual needs. There is no single 'best' bank.

doveroftke (Jul. 25, 2017 @ 8:17a) |

You're right, I know.  5% rates on savings accounts, 1% fixed rate on 200 year mortgages (with LTV up to 1,000%), 50% ca... (more)

cestmoi123 (Jul. 25, 2017 @ 8:42a) |

"Best Bank" was a subsidiary of Guaranty Bank and shut down by federal regulators on May 5
https://www.fdic.gov/bank/indi... (more)

imbatman (Jul. 25, 2017 @ 8:47a) |

[ banks ] -- any High Quality analysis /rankings of the least worst bank in 2017?
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
waveclairamiester said:   the best bank

There's no such thing. All banks are crap, some are just less crappy than others. I only love a bank until after they pay the promo, and then I'm on to the next.

Decide on the bank product you want, get the best you can find, and don't let loyalty or "relationships" get in the way. When it's not working for you anymore, switch. The whole current business model seems to focus on getting "new" people.

rated:
Too lazy to do your own homework?

rated:
That's like asking someone for the best food, the best vacation, the best book. Without knowing what your priorities are and what you're looking for in a bank, it's difficult to answer.

rated:
First Republic has top-notch customer service. It's not free, though - $25/month fee for checking with <$5k balance.

rated:
Way to crowdsource your blog.

rated:
Hard to beat the "Bank of Mom and Dad" - assuming you're still young enough.

rated:
Worst FWF Topic of the day. #WINNER#

rated:
Best wifey photos?

rated:
updated question -- [ banks ] -- any High Quality analysis /rankings of the least worst bank in 2017?

rated:
MoE Bank - 5.3% interest rate on deposits>$10k that's locked in for the first 6 months you have an account. No limit on deposits you can earn that rate on. And yes, it's FIDC insured.

rated:
marginoferror said:   MoE Bank - 5.3% interest rate on deposits>$10k that's locked in for the first 6 months you have an account. No limit on deposits you can earn that rate on. And yes, it's FIDC insured.
  What does that acronym stand for?  (Yes, I tried to google) 

rated:
best bank so far is wells Fargo some customers have reported 4k payout after great customer service

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1571076
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1571141

rated:
S197 said:   
marginoferror said:   MoE Bank - 5.3% interest rate on deposits>$10k that's locked in for the first 6 months you have an account. No limit on deposits you can earn that rate on. And yes, it's FIDC insured.

/facepalm/

rated:
qcumber98 said:   
S197 said:   

/facepalm/

Haha, honestly didn't think I would get anyone.

rated:
marginoferror said:   
qcumber98 said:   
S197 said:   

/facepalm/

It's a veteran move.  Well done.

rated:
marginoferror said:   
qcumber98 said:   
S197 said:   

/facepalm/

Doh didn't even bother looking at your name

rated:
I've always been happy with Indymac

rated:
evilbanks said:   please be thoughtful and extensive

I shall be most thoughtful 
As there is only one, extensiveness is moot
Bank of Nikolai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o8XMlL8rqY

rated:
alright...

* how about least worst bank based on the experience?

* not looking at industry analysis, etc.

this is mainly about practicality & user experience of banks

rated:
evilbanks said:   alright...

Didn't get the hint.  

rated:
I think this thread gets the FW award for most negs in 10 days.

And OP, you sound like this is for a school project.

rated:
Schwab's the best bank. Also the least worst bank.

I cannot be proven wrong.

rated:
Private banks in your area.

rated:
evilbanks said:   alright...

OK, you first - what's the best/least worst bank you've found?  Why?  Then, if people have suggestions that can beat that, they'll make them.  

rated:
i know someone here knows

rated:
evilbanks said:   i know someone here knows

We all know what works best for our individual needs. There is no single 'best' bank.

rated:
evilbanks said:   i know someone here knows

You're right, I know.  5% rates on savings accounts, 1% fixed rate on 200 year mortgages (with LTV up to 1,000%), 50% cashback credit cards with no annual fee and $10,000 signup bonuses which can be churned weekly.  Instead of ATMs, your cash is delivered to you personally by bikini-clad supermodels with severe nymphomania.  Oh, and a free toaster when you open an account.  

Accounts are open to anyone not named evilbanks.  Signup link is below.  

www.bankofnoevilbanks.com

rated:
"Best Bank" was a subsidiary of Guaranty Bank and shut down by federal regulators on May 5
https://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/guaranty-branches.ht...
https://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/guaranty.html
So I guess you don't want "Best Bank".
Or do you?
I can't tell

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017