• filter:

Need Advice getting health insurance for small business employees

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
As a small business owner, I'm trying to offer health insurance to employees

First I will google it but where can I shop and compare, if you guys have experience please share

TIA

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Sorry, but I think you will have to go more local than FWF. (It depends on your state, sometimes even what part of the state and on how many people you have. Sometimes counties and even industry groups have special programs.)

If it was me... I'd try and talk to some other, local small businesses (that I thought were running their businesses right) and see who they use. Then talk to that group or agent.

Be prepped with how much you are willing to pay towards the cost per employee (knowing they will have the employee's share to pay), and before you sign up, check that there are plenty of providers in your area that take that brand of insurance.

One other thing... know that the rates are likely to go up 15 - 35% per year... every year.  It is a messed up system that isn't sustainable.

rated:
https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/small-business-health-insurance

You can get quotes from ehealthinsurance

I haven't used them for this specifically but I've used it for individual and they were good

rated:
You should find a local broker who can show you many options.

rated:
small businesses should definitely talk to a broker.....and have him earn your business.....saying with first hand experience....

rated:
+1 for talk to a broker.

Also if your state has an exchange look at their small business area. Some states will offer $$$ to small business owners for plans through the exchange.

rated:
thanks for the input guys
I will first contact brokers in local area

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017