• filter:

Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode, Amex SafeKey

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Is there a list of US issued credit cards that support Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode or Amex SafeKey?

A merchant in Europe that I make payments to is using a Credit Card processing company (FirstData) that requires this extra authentication method. For some reason they just fail any transaction if Credit Card issuer does not support 3-D secure authentication.

I'm really pissed that my BofA Travel Rewards card is now being rejected by them. It used to work just fine a year or so ago but now they added more "security". I talked to Bank of America and their response was that Verified by Visa is only for debit cards.
The only card out of my stash that works with merchant above is PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards. On first use it redirected to custom page where I had to create a 3-D secure password and now I have to enter that password every time in addition to other credit card data.

This PenFed card is pretty nice - 5% on gas, 0% foreign transaction fee, 0% cash advance fee (haven't tried but sounds cool when traveling). It also has a real Chip+PIN authentication that works great in Europe (gas pumps, unattended kiosks). The problem of course is that this is basically a gas card because there are no rewards outside of that category.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

1. Go to Verified by Visa
  2. Click on Get a card to see a list of supported cards.
  3. The BofA Travel Rewards card is listed (i.e., #2 on the list).

rated:
locns said:   

1. Go to Verified by Visa
  2. Click on Get a card to see a list of supported cards.
  3. The BofA Travel Rewards card is listed (i.e., #2 on the list).

That page does not list "Verified by Visa" Credit Cards. It has no connection with previous "Verified by Visa" page whatsoever. It just lists all Visa cards*.
You can navigate to the same page via https://usa.visa.com -> "Find a Card" -> "Credit cards".

Looks like MasterCard does have an actual list here but it only lists issuers and not actual products. You have to enter card number to see if it has SecureCode feature.

[*] From issuers who paid for advertising their cards on visa.com.

rated:
The new Alliant 3% cashback card offers Verified by Visa for what it is worth.

rated:
My Wells Fargo Visa debit card uses Verified by Visa. I might have others, but I'm unsure.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017