Negative Balance of 200$ What can paypal do with my current info

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Someone filed a bs chargebackfor  200$ from me and won. I can't pay this and there is no reason I should. I refuse to pay because someone scammed me.

>I'm a minor
> No phone number linked
> No credit card
> Real address
>A fake primary address (real one is still there though)
>No SSN ever
>Fake Name

What can paypal do to me?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Call Mommy and Daddy and have your allowance garnished?

And they have your bank info.

You run the risk of them blacklisting all addresses associated with the account, closing mommy and daddy's accounts forever.
They may also just take the money from your bank account.
PayPal never forgets.

Oh, and, pay your bills deadbeat.

If your attitude is "what can they do to me" instead of "how can I fix this," you're going to have a rough time adjusting to the real world once you're a big boy/girl when you turn 18. Using PayPal has it's risks. You win some you lose some.

20 years in prison for wire fraud.

(you lied when signing up as a minor)

Also, it goes on your "permanent record", kiddo. Guess you're too young to have seen The Wonder Years, etc.

jerosen said:   20 years in prison for wire fraud.

Yeah but contracts signed by minors aren't binding. 

Might want to get your parents informed on your situation.

You will be lashed.

henry33 said:   

so he'll go to juvenile federal prison

The dollar sign goes before the number.

otaymiester said:   The dollar sign goes before the number.
  That's the standard format in Trolldonia, where the OP lives. 

Well in Singapore the punishment for this behavior is 18 wacks with a cane if a minor.

Does pp do business with minors?
If not & kiddo been using m&d account ongoing. Then m&d are responsible.
If it's a 1 shot deal I guess parents will have to file charges against kiddo.

If the parents have PP accounts, those will likely get burned too.  No recent experience due to my own blacklisting, but PP is pretty good at noticing when someone who has been blacklisted uses another computer or device - I've always assumed it's something like the coupons.com method of tracking PCs/devices.  Name gets burned along with the known devices.

PYB,D.

henry33 said:   

Also the false name.  Hmm contracts aren't valid* but does that really mean a minor cannot be charged when they commit fraud?  Or their parent(s)/guardian is charged?

Bend3r said:   
henry33 said:   

Also the false name.  Hmm contracts aren't valid* but does that really mean a minor cannot be charged when they commit fraud?  Or their parent(s)/guardian is charged?

if parents/guardians helped a minor commit fraud, they could face charges. otherwise, obviously not, since a DA couldn't prove them guilty of something they didn't know about.

the minor could be charged. but, in this case, a DA couldn't show that OP lied to PP with an intent to defraud it.  he owes PP $200 because somebody scammed him.  that makes him a victim, not a criminal.  as a result, his DA would decline the case, assuming a detective were stupid enough to submit it for evaluation.

This is BS. Paypal requires valid SSN & bank acct info has to match. If [BIG IF cause it's BS] kid is getting away with this multiple times then parents know & are liable financially & possibly criminally.

I had similar happen to me... but for about $3k. I removed my bank account from their systems and just waited it out. It has been over the 7 years now, for a few years. They sent me notices... I ignored them. I rarely ever used PayPal or eBay to begin with and after that, I won't again.  NOTE: I did fight it, but they just rolled over on it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017