• filter:

Auto Loan Refinance

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Have a new auto loan that I am looking to refinance.  Is it worth going through Lendingtree for a quote?  Or is bank rate good enough? 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
How's your Credit?
If it is over 700 Penfed and Lightstream have some very good rates (In the 1's)

rated:
Local credit union is going to be your best bet in most areas.

rated:
DCU

rated:
SummerSoFar said:   DCU
  Second... be sure to check and see if you are eligible or if you need to "donate (i think like $5 or $10)" to a cause to be eligible.  Depending on the amount of the loan or savings it may not be worth it.  My brother in law was looking at getting the 0.7% loan for his loan but the amount left and the savings didn't make sense to refi.

rated:
I agree you want to shop around. I registered with lending tree for a mortgage. All I got was SPAM and no viable offers. High risk of multiple hard pulls when each lender responds and asks for your SSN and other credit app info so they can evaluate you before making an offer.

Often the Credit Unions are a good idea. I got a good offer from Nationwide Bank a few years ago (related to the insurance company, but not required to have their insurance). Check with your car insurance if they finance cars. American Family financed one for me several years ago.

CreditKarma is no longer on my recommended list. They just changed their interface and it is much worse than before. Checkout BankRate Monitor. http://www.bankrate.com/auto.aspx

rated:
for 2 year loan unify is very low .74-1.24 otherwise dcu 65 month 1.99% 675+ fico

rated:
dcwilbur said:   Local credit union is going to be your best bet in most areas.

Definitely look at local CUs OP. A relative just did a 36 month refi at a local CU at .75%, and they're giving her $100 cash back bonus for the refi. The interest paid over 3 years, at minimum payments will be just over $100.

If you don't find any good deals locally, PenFed and DCU seem to be the best.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017