• filter:

Prepaid Card Similar To AMEX Serve

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I like amex serve features for faster direct deposit or adding an external debit card to transfer money instantly to the amex. Or being able to create a subaccount. But being an amex gets in the way sometimes since not always accepted and you can't get cash back and things of that nature. Any of you know of a card with similar features thats a visa or master card?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Not going to find an identical experience but gobank is a good alternative.

rated:
Stubtify said:   Not going to find an identical experience but gobank is a good alternative.

Damn, thanks that's a great alternative.  

rated:
Yea no problem. I do an ACH push from a bank account for $500 each month to avoid the $5 fee. Counts as DD.

rated:
I'm just curious, but feel free not to answer if you don't want to. Why do you prefer a card like this rather than a bank account?

rated:
There's no real benefit to the average user over a bank account. These products are for people who can't get a real bank account due to check bouncing/NSF issues. If you don't have the money the transaction is declined. Bluebird checks are actually more like cashiers' checks than private party--you input how much you want the check to be for and the cash is debited from your account immediately. You even put a code on the check that the recipient can call in and verify funds.

Because of the way I handle some FW type transactions using one of these cards earns me a small amount of money each month.

rated:
meade18 said:   I'm just curious, but feel free not to answer if you don't want to. Why do you prefer a card like this rather than a bank account?

I don't know any banks with these features. Atleast they don't advertise 2-3 day early direct deposit or offer adding external debit card for instant transfer. You can add external bank but not debit card.

rated:
What do you mean "faster" direct deposit. Do you get your money in your Amex Serve account faster than your co-workers get it into their bank account? I have my paycheck direct deposited into my checking account and it shows up ON payday. Do you get your paycheck BEFORE payday somehow?

I think there are banks with sub accounts as well. As far as instant transfer goes, yeah I guess not, but that's coming soon. I've never needed instant transfer before though.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017