• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
It is bright blue.

It has a big P on it.

It pays a flat 2%.

It looks like your 2% Priceline Card, but it is the new 2% PayPal Card.

https://paypal.syf.com/PaypalEbayApply/Apply/applyprocess.action

The above link came by way of a Steam game purchase receipt. You may need to be logged into your Paypal account in your browser before you can open it.

PayPal Cashback Mastercard®
2% cash back.* Every. Single. Purchase.

Simply shop, earn and redeem. It's that easy. Then go ahead and high-five yourself. Go on, do it. You've earned it.
PP Cash BothCards PPGraphic
JUST A FEW OF THE PERKS

No annual fee**
No restrictions on the type of purchases you can make to earn cash back
No rotating categories to keep track of, just 2% cash back* on every purchase, every day – everywhere Mastercard is accepted
No hassle — conveniently redeem your Cash Rewards directly into your PayPal balance*

https://paypal.syf.com/consumereApply/Internet/paypaldc/en/pdf/T...

• TranspearncyYou earn 2% cash back* on everything you purchase. No exceptions. No need to keep track of spend categories.
  • Redeem AnytimeRedeem your Cash Rewards when you want them. No waiting to spend a certain amount. No redemption threshold.
  • The PayPal DifferenceYour Cash Rewards go into your PayPal balance* and can be used however you like. No inconveniences. No limit to how you can enjoy your Cash Rewards.

• Extend Your WarrantiesDouble the original manufacturer's or store brand warranty for up to one year when you purchase using your PayPal Cashback Mastercard.
  •  Price Protection for 60 DaysIf you buy an item with your card and the price drops within 60 days, you may be reimbursed for the difference.
  •  Identity Theft ResolutionYou'll get ID theft alerts, credit card replacement and ID Theft Affidavit assistance if you're the victim of identity theft — at no cost to you.
  •  Microchip TechnologyEMV Chip Technology makes shopping more secure at chip-enabled terminals around the globe.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Well, won't say that I'd never use it, but as long as my PL card holds out I'm staying far away. PayPal Customer Service... (more)

irobot (Jun. 25, 2017 @ 3:08a) |

I have not noticed anything from my last transaction a week ago. I am using Citi though.

natosbourne (Jun. 25, 2017 @ 7:22a) |

I'd go by what's in writing, not by what the rep says, considering that my phone conversation went a bit less than smoot... (more)

gwraigty (Jun. 25, 2017 @ 10:53a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
logged into PP. but link doesn't work.

rated:
Wonder if they will convert my current PPMC.

rated:
"We don’t know for sure this how will play out, but likely the 2% card will replace the old 3/2/1 version of the Paypal Mastercard and the eBay Mastercard."

rated:
I just can't wait until the wonderful English-as-a-second language foreign-based csr's at pp decide if my mastercard chargeback is valid.  No worry since pp has such a stellar reputation of great customer service and standing by its customers(sic).

rated:
Link is busted:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
note The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are available in the Oracle GlassFish Server 3.1.2.2 logs.

Oracle GlassFish Server 3.1.2.2

rated:
The pdf link says it's from Synchrony bank, fyi. We're set for 2% with the Fidelity card, but not especially attached to it. It's good to see more options coming online, maybe within a few years someone will go even higher for an all-purpose cb card.

rated:
I think I'm set with Citi and Fidelity, which translate into real cash (vs. increase in PP balance). Still, good to see another 2% card in the mix. 

rated:
OK, I've just done some research on this. This card is referenced on the PayPal site here: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/topic/PAYPAL_CASHBACK_MASTERCARD

I called this number: (855) 520-0991 per the help topics.

To quote sloppy1, got "the wonderful English-as-a-second language foreign-based csr's" who unhelpfully directed me to the link on PayPal's website for the PayPal Extras Mastercard, which is a totally different card. I explained to the rep that I was interested in the 2% across-the-board PayPal Cashback Mastercard that I just read about. He said that it's a brand new card and they're just in the process of rolling it out. The only way you can get one right now is to wait for a link to be sent to you. They are sending links to all eligible customers.

rated:
I've noticed an ad for this card the last few times I logged into PPay, but have not paid attention to it. If it is truly redeem at anytime, rather than needing $25, $50, etc. min, it could be interesting.

rated:
So I have the PayPal Extras card (if I'm not mistaken, it was my first credit card ever that wasn't a store exclusive card, I got it in July 2007, though I think it was called PayPal Plus or something in those days) and was sort of interested in this, but found this in the FAQ...

Can I have a PayPal Cashback Mastercard and a PayPal Extras Mastercard?
No. You may only have one type of PayPal Mastercard account, either the PayPal Cashback Mastercard or the PayPal Extras Mastercard account.

I kind of hope they'll force everybody into the new rewards scheme. I still use the card anytime that I buy something with PayPal to keep it active and since it gets the 2%, but I'd happily make this my everyday spender if they did. I don't feel comfortable asking for a conversion, because I had a horrible experience with that before from Synchrony. I can't remember exactly what the circumstances were, but I believe it was converting some store only card into one with the MasterCard on it. Basically, they closed my old account, started a new one with a new account opening date, and slashed my credit limit. PayPal Extras is my oldest card, and while the credit limit isn't that great compared to the limits I have on other cards ($7500, which seems to be about as far as Synchrony will go), I'd rather not go down to something ridiculous like a $2000 limit or something.

rated:
I refuse to use Citi and have always lamented that the Fidelity card doesn't have a price drop feature. If this is an MC World card, I'd consider switching to it as a daily spender.

rated:
This does have price protection. I think I'll grab it.

Edit:  It has PURCHASE PROTECTION, not price protection.  

rated:
After reading posts up thread I logged into my PP account for first time in a while.  Sure enough, my opportunity to apply for this came up straightaway.

Sticking with Priceline card for now.  But for those who have no Priceline card, this could be a profitable opportunity.

rated:
Clocks said:   This does have price protection. I think I'll grab it.

Clicking through the link I posted, I was able to find this easily:

"Price protection

Should you find a lower price for a new item within 60 days from the date of purchase using your eligible Mastercard, you may be reimbursed for the price difference."

It's under http://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-benefits-are-associated-with-my-paypal-cashback-mastercard-faq3533 when you click through the link to Mastercard benefits.

rated:
I had to begin the application process to find this out, but the foreign transaction fee is 3%. Too bad. Still waiting for a 2% card with no FTF.

I also noticed that the application prominently suggests buying "Card Security" for $1.66 per $100 of your ending balance each month. Charge $2,000 and your 'security' cost will be $33.20. They only need a few suckers to make this worthwhile.

Glad to see another 2% card, but I'll stick w/ my Fidelity cards for now.

rated:
Let me know when there's a bonus.

rated:
stanolshefski said:   Let me know when there's a bonus.
It's a Synchrony card, so you'll be waiting a long time.

rated:
BJGrolle said:   

"Price protection

Should you find a lower price for a new item within 60 days from the date of purchase using your eligible Mastercard, you may be reimbursed for the price difference."

It's under http://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-benefits-are-associated-with-my-paypal-cashback-mastercard-faq3533 when you click through the link to Mastercard benefits.

I knew I thought I saw it somewhere, but when I did an online chat with a Synchrony rep, she said it didn't and ask where I saw it did. The offer was no longer showing on my PPal acct, and all I could hunt down was purchase protection.  So now I'm wondering if the rep is correct or wrong.

rated:
Well, won't say that I'd never use it, but as long as my PL card holds out I'm staying far away. PayPal Customer Service is an oxymoron. I wouldn't trust them to manage my milk money.

rated:
I have not noticed anything from my last transaction a week ago. I am using Citi though.

rated:
Clocks said:   
BJGrolle said:   

"Price protection

I knew I thought I saw it somewhere, but when I did an online chat with a Synchrony rep, she said it didn't and ask where I saw it did. The offer was no longer showing on my PPal acct, and all I could hunt down was purchase protection.  So now I'm wondering if the rep is correct or wrong.

I'd go by what's in writing, not by what the rep says, considering that my phone conversation went a bit less than smoothly when I called to ask about the card.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017