• filter:

Best upscale dept store for gift certs

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Can get a gift cert for multiple businesses through my credit card rewards.  

The highest end department stores on the list are Saks 5th avenue, Bloomingdales and lord and taylor.  Also high end is Brooks Brothers.  You also have Macy's, Dillards, JCPenny, Target, I think Walmart, etc...

Was looking at laptop bags for instance. Brooks Brothers has high end ones with a different brand than the others but seens to be overpriced compared to other online vendors.  Saks has the priciest ones and a decent price on one TUMI model.

Macy's seems to carry Samsonite models which is a lower end TUMI at lower prices.  lord and taylor and Bloomingdales have some TUMI, Victorinox, I forget exactly but seemed to be higher end than Macy's and lower end than Saks.  

Problem is It takes time for gift cert to arrive and its unknown who will have the one I want at the price I want.  I do want a higher end one.

Do flagship stores in Manhattan for instance have more inventory than online?  I would presume these stores should have the best ones.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Are any department stores "upscale"?

rated:
Myself, I always go for the Cracker Barrel or the Denny's.

rated:
Being a Metrosexual is a curse I tell you...

rated:
Hot Topic for the win!

Maybe something more upscale?  Spencer's Gifts

rated:
WalMart

rated:
Is there some benefit to a gift certificate vs. a statement credit? Just take the credit and buy it with the card?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017