• filter:

I got a problem with 'old' credit cards'.

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Here is my issue, for the longest time , I didn't carry credit. NONE, so my credit score sucked, then I got a secured card about 18 months ago for a change, it came with no deals, and a small deposit, since then I got NICE zero percent for x month cards, and all sorts of bonus money credit cards. I still have this stupid ORIGINAL Bank of America card, it literarily costs me money every year, after like six months they returned my deposit and gave me real credit. Here is the crazy part, it has a HUGE credit limit over time, it's now like 5k no cash back, no zero percent interest, no anything. BOA gave me another 'real' card with cashback, no annual fee, and a nice bonus, but because of this 5k card, I believe my business card was rejected? What to do? I already PAID for this card this year, If I can't transfer the credit limit to a new zero everything card, i might as well hold it till the next annual fee is due? What would you do?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Kingofthenet said:   Here is my issue, for the longest time , I didn't carry credit. NONE, so my credit score sucked, then I got a secured card about 18 months ago for a change, it came with no deals, and a small deposit, since then I got NICE zero percent for x month cards, and all sorts of bonus money credit cards. I still have this stupid ORIGINAL Bank of America card, it literarily costs me money every year, after like six months they returned my deposit and gave me real credit. Here is the crazy part, it has a HUGE credit limit over time, it's now like 5k no cash back, no zero percent interest, no anything. BOA gave me another 'real' card with cashback, no annual fee, and a nice bonus, but because of this 5k card, I believe my business card was rejected? What to do? I already PAID for this card this year, If I can't transfer the credit limit to a new zero everything card, i might as well hold it till the next annual fee is due? What would you do?

I'd rewrite the OP with paragraphs.

rated:
Good luck with that...

rated:
Huh

rated:
I don't expect a Liberal to understand what President Donald J Trump can accomplish... Just SMELL his finger.

rated:
Ken M and this guy in a "2 trolls enter, 1 troll leaves" cage match on pay per view. I'd buy.

rated:
Call and ask if you can transfer the credit line to another card or a new card with no fee.

If they won't do it, cancel it anyways. You'll most likely get the credit back the next time you apply for a card or apply for a limit increase, but no guarantees.

rated:
First, $5k is not a huge credit limit.

Second, call BofA and convert your account to a no annual fee card.

rated:
Look into a product change to a no annual fee card offered by the same credit card company. Same creditor. Keeps the long history on your credit report.

rated:
Besides being in agreement with all of the above responses, I'm just wondering, why would you think this formerly secured card was preventing you from getting a business BofA card.  Between DW and I we have six BofA cards, and over the years have had other BofA/FIA cards, some personal and some business, and they never seem to blink at approving us for new cards.  I would:

1. Call and ask why your business card application got rejected.  10-1 it has nothing to do with this other card.
2, Do whatever you can do to improve your credit report, focusing on the reason given in #1.
3. See about getting this card converted to a no-annual-fee card and/or getting the fee you already paid waived.
4. Failing #3 wait out the year and cancel right before the annual fee hits.
5. Stop making assumptions and worrying about the unknown.

Chris.

rated:
B of A doesn't reject you for another product if you have one. They just lower the limit on the original card.

You don't have enough credit to hold the 3rd card, that's about it.

rated:
foxhopper said:   Huh

I think he's been drinking

rated:
Let's hear it for the ignore function.

rated:
Guy didn't post since 2015, then hit all of these troll posts. Guess someone had "password" as their password.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017