UPDATE: How to Change Topic Sorting (er, I mean Inquiry from MN Dept of Revenue)

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1567818 

This is not resolved yet, but I figured I would post an update.  

I responded to the State in writing, following some of the advice given on FWF.  Last week I received a call.  The State is requesting a letter on company letterhead stating that they paid use tax.  If I can get that, I am free and clear.  If not, they recommended that I send an invoice to the company to collect sales tax to turn over to the State.  The state rep said he would help me set everything up if it came to that, and once we determine exactly how much is owed, I would have 30 days to remit to the State.  At this point, they are not even assessing any penalties.  He also said that the State is not in any rush to make this happen, as long as it is done correctly.  

I have requested the letter from the company, but I think it's a 50/50 chance I actually get it.  If not, I will work with the State to determine how much is owed and send the invoice.  I conveniently work at a law firm, and one of the attorneys has offered to draft a letter if the company doesn't pay.  If that doesn't work, he will help me prepare to take the case before Concilliation (small claims) Court.  So, as of now, I feel confident that I won't need to pay the tax out of pocket.  

Thanks for all of your input.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Why didnt you just post the update in the original thread?  That bumps it to the top of the list as much as a new thread.

Glitch99 said:   Why didnt you just post the update in the original thread?  That bumps it to the top of the list as much as a new thread.
I appreciate the separate thread. I sort by recent topics so updating the original thread wouldn't have bumped it to the top of the list for me.

screenshot
Disclaimer
I couldn't remember how or when I changed my topic sorting - it's a combo box on the left side of the main forum list, highlighted in my attachment.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017