• filter:

U.S. Bank $200 Checking Bonus DD not required

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Link

Earn $200 when you open a new consumer Silver, Gold, or Platinum Checking Package between June 24 and August 21, 2017.
To get started, request a promotion code & enter it below, before applying.

To qualify for bonus you need to also complete one of the following within 60 days of account opening:
Recurring direct deposits of $500 or more
OR make two Online Bill Pay transactions of $25 each or more
The Fine Print said: Checking Package Offer - A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open a U.S. Bank consumer checking account. To earn the $200 bonus offer, open a new U.S. Bank Consumer Silver Checking Package, Gold Checking Package or Platinum Checking Package between and including June 24, 2017 and August 21, 2017. Present your promotion code to a branch or 24-Hour phone banker or enter it online at account opening. Additionally, you must complete one or more recurring direct deposits totaling at least $500 OR complete two or more U.S. Bank Bill Pay transactions of $25 each or more (you are responsible to ensure sufficient funds are deposited to cover bill payments and enrollment in Online and/or Mobile banking is required) within 60 days of account opening. The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new consumer checking account within 60 days of direct deposit or Bill Pay verification, as long as your account is open. Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes. Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers. Offer is not valid if you have an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last six months, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past six months. Current U.S. Bank employees are not eligible.
Thanks DoC

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
i am about 500 miles away. I called back and got a different CSR, she transferred me to someone who was able to reset m... (more)

lonestarguy (Jul. 01, 2017 @ 7:12p) |

6/27 Opened & funded account ($500 using Penfed CC)
6/29 Paid 2 separate CC bills using USB online bill pay
7/5 $200 bonus... (more)

jatan1986 (Jul. 05, 2017 @ 7:02p) |

My experience seems to confirm this.† Applied for 2 accounts on Friday.† One for me and one for the wife.† We both have ... (more)

RidicuRuss (Jul. 10, 2017 @ 1:18p) |

U.S. Bank typically does not approve people for deposit accounts if you have ARS/ID analytics frozen.

U.S bank has three checking products which qualify for this promotion:
Silver Checking Account
Gold Checking Account
Platinum Checking account
Probably the easiest way to keep this fee free is to open the Gold Checking account; if you have a U.S Bank credit card then the monthly fees on this account are waived. You might also be able to get them waived through this.
If you don’t have a U.S Bank credit card and aren’t planning on getting one, your best bet is to open the Silver checking account which has of $8.95 ($6.95 if you enroll in paperless statements).
Fee is waived if you do these three things:
Go paperless
Open a Package Money Market Savings account (no fee)
Do one of these two things: Have combined direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more, OR Maintain an average monthly balance of $1,500

Credit Card Funding available for up to $500 to open account ($25 minimum opening deposit)
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Do you need to be located near a local branch to open an account with them?

rated:
I'm not anywhere near their branch but approved instantly. I do have their Cash+ card though.

rated:
Looks like the GOld package might be the best, for most of us, providing there is also a CC promo. Waiving the monthly fee: Silver requires DD of $1k or more, Gold requires having a personal loan or CC.

rated:
Damn, accounts must be open for 12 MONTHS to receive the bonus! That combined with having to open a savings account AND maintain $1,500 balance between them (checking & savings) for 12 months makes this a bit less attractive unless you are a US Bank CC holder...

rated:
I don't see the 12 month requirement in the terms anywhere. Where are you getting that?

rated:
draculatreeforest said:   I don't see the 12 month requirement in the terms anywhere. Where are you getting that?
† Footnote Item #2 under the Silver Checking Package:
" To be paid the goal reward and/or bonus, both the associated Silver Checking Package and Package Money Market Savings account must remain open through the program end date, which is 12 months after the enrollment date. A minimum opening deposit of $25 per account is required and all regular account-opening procedures apply. "

rated:
DjScibbity said:   Damn, accounts must be open for 12 MONTHS to receive the bonus! That combined with having to open a savings account AND maintain $1,500 balance between them (checking & savings) for 12 months makes this a bit less attractive unless you are a US Bank CC holder...

Assuming you keep 0 in checking, and 1500 in the savings:

1500(1+(.0004/12))^12=1500.60
((1500.60+200)-1500)/1500=13.37% APY

Still pretty attractive return, if you ask me.

rated:
The doc link has an alternate link that says you might be able to waive fees with no additional requirements if your credit score is high.

rated:
Does anyone know if they Fidelity Visa counts? It's *technically* issued by Elan, which is owned by US Bank.

rated:
All current and former members of the Armed Forces are eligible for the Platinum Checking with no monthly maintenance fees or minimum balance requirements.

https://www.usbank.com/military/military-checking.aspx

rated:
How do I get the promo code?

rated:
ramkiv said:   How do I get the promo code?
††Go to the promo link and enter your email

rated:
DjScibbity said:   
draculatreeforest said:   I don't see the 12 month requirement in the terms anywhere. Where are you getting that?
" To be paid the goal reward and/or bonus, both the associated Silver Checking Package and Package Money Market Savings account must remain open through the program end date, which is 12 months after the enrollment date. A minimum opening deposit of $25 per account is required and all regular account-opening procedures apply. "

††
That appears to pertain to U.S. Bank START Smart Savings Program, which is something else.

rated:
stanolshefski said:   Does anyone know if they Fidelity Visa counts? It's *technically* issued by Elan, which is owned by US Bank.
Can't say for sure but I doubt it.

A few months ago I called US Bank before signing up for a somewhat similar US Bank checking offer online. †Wanted to make sure that my existing US Bank cards would qualify me as "Gold" for the checking promo. †Asked them to confirm what their records showed (I have 2 existing US Bank cards). †They confirmed these 2 (a "Gold" and an Ace Hardware card), but no others, and I do also have the Fidelity VISA.

rated:
jaytrader said:   Looks like the GOld package might be the best, for most of us, providing there is also a CC promo. Waiving the monthly fee: Silver requires DD of $1k or more, Gold requires having a personal loan or CC.
U.S. Bank FlexPerks Gold Card

rated:
I did this over two years ago, is there a time limit?

rated:
linuspb said:   I did this over two years ago, is there a time limit?
If you closed that account over six months ago then you are good to go.

rated:
Mine got rejected, is it because I work for another big bank. My score is in the early 800.

rated:
Mine got rejected as well...

rated:
DjScibbity said:   

I think that's just the usual mickey-mouse toothless language.† They have no way to claw back the bonus.† It also says: The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new consumer checking account within 60 days of direct deposit or Bill Pay verification, as long as your account is open

rated:
In for one, thanks. Conveniently the 500 deposit from my U.S. Bank Altitude card gets me to the spend requirement for that card.

rated:
Rejected. Don't have any reports frozen, but have had several recent Chex inquiries.

rated:
ntr91 said:   Rejected. Don't have any reports frozen, but have had several recent Chex inquiries.
Mine got rejected as well but according to DoC comments no one knows why some applications are getting rejected and others are going through irrespective of the # of CHEXsystem inquiries.

rated:
No physical branch location nearby is one documented reason for rejection. I'm not bothering with this account because of that.

rated:
niniss said:   I'm not anywhere near their branch but approved instantly. I do have their Cash+ card though.
† But is there a branch in your state? †

rated:
I did it online they said I will hear from them in 2 days.
SO is that denial.

rated:
Approved despite no relationship with them (no credit cards) and no branches in my state. †Got the same bonus last year and closed the account in mid-December, so I am just past the 6 month ineligibility period. †

rated:
See this comment on DoC
dave said: NY- Denied.
Rep stated that its because no branches in NY. Asked her why they let me choose NY on application if they wonít approve. Answer was they need to update that. Basically, they used to approve all/most states but they recently changed their policy and since they canít service you without a branch, you will not be approved.
You would need to be closing on a mortgage, be an army veteran, or already have a credit card with them for them to accept you. (the bank looks the other way it seems if you have existing relationships)
Part 1 contradicts 2, but we all already know they are a retarded bank.

rated:
Bend3r said:   
niniss said:   I'm not anywhere near their branch but approved instantly. I do have their Cash+ card though.
† But is there a branch in your state? †

†Not that i know of.† Checked on map, says no branch or ATM within 200 miles.

rated:
ARGH!!! I successfully opened an account. But open logging back into US bank to see my account prompted for a my pin for security. As a turned down the debit card, i didn't have a pin. Caled the idiots up and they said i could only get a pin if i got a debit card but they can't send a debit card as my account is open less than 60 days.......

Stupid idiots....

They transferred me to a voice mail box..... argh!!

rated:
lonestarguy said:   ARGH!!! I successfully opened an account. But open logging back into US bank to see my account prompted for a my pin for security. As a turned down the debit card, i didn't have a pin. Caled the idiots up and they said i could only get a pin if i got a debit card but they can't send a debit card as my account is open less than 60 days.......

Stupid idiots....

They transferred me to a voice mail box..... argh!!

† if you are near a branch, they can issue you a temporary debit card.

rated:
i am about 500 miles away. I called back and got a different CSR, she transferred me to someone who was able to reset my password allowing me in. i still need to get a debit card to get a pin.

rated:
6/27 Opened & funded account ($500 using Penfed CC)
6/29 Paid 2 separate CC bills using USB online bill pay
7/5 $200 bonus posted

Opened Gold Checking account only (have existing USB CC) -- did not sign up for savings account

$500 charge posted as a purchase -- have 500 reward pts pending

rated:
marcopolomle said:   See this comment on DoC
dave said: NY- Denied.
Rep stated that its because no branches in NY. Asked her why they let me choose NY on application if they wonít approve. Answer was they need to update that. Basically, they used to approve all/most states but they recently changed their policy and since they canít service you without a branch, you will not be approved.
You would need to be closing on a mortgage, be an army veteran, or already have a credit card with them for them to accept you. (the bank looks the other way it seems if you have existing relationships)
Part 1 contradicts 2, but we all already know they are a retarded bank.

††My experience seems to confirm this.† Applied for 2 accounts on Friday.† One for me and one for the wife.† We both have good/similar FICO and Chex scores.† She has a US Bank CC and I do not.† They approved her app and denied mine.† No explanation was given at the time and nothing in email since Friday either.† Must be that they do not have a branch in my state.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017