• filter:

Bank of america forced close my account!!

  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Hi, i recently my bank of america account has been overdrawn -82$. I deposited a cashiers check at my bank of america account. The check was 1400.00$. Two days later i noticed the bank decides to close my account. The check hasnt cleared when they closed the account... i want to know what will happen to the check sine it was still pending. I went to my local branch but they said i need to wait about a week... any ideas i really need help... whats gonna happen next has anyone gone through the same dilemma??

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts

CouponClippen (Jul. 07, 2017 @ 12:13a) |

CouponClippen (Jul. 07, 2017 @ 12:14a) |

Second this.  I'm married to a non-native speaker and it's been a very clear lesson on the realities of learning a new l... (more)

LorenPechtel (Jul. 07, 2017 @ 11:32a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
srodriguez83 said:   Hi, i recently my bank of america account has been overdrawn -82$. I deposited a cashiers check at my bank of america account. The check was 1400.00$. Two days later i noticed the bank decides to close my account. The check hasnt cleared when they closed the account... i want to know what will happen to the check sine it was still pending. I went to my local branch but they said i need to wait about a week... any ideas i really need help... whats gonna happen next has anyone gone through the same dilemma??
  Was the cashier's check from a Nigerian prince?

rated:
Was account yours -82$ overdrawn first, then deposit you check of 1400.00$? Banks no like when customers theirs overdraw accounts. Once check clears of your deposit, monies will release to you.

rated:
After everything settles, they'll send you a check for your account balance.

rated:
$82, $1400.
Don't they teach this stuff in school anymore?

rated:
BostonOne said:   
srodriguez83 said:   Hi, i recently my bank of america account has been overdrawn -82$. I deposited a cashiers check at my bank of america account. The check was 1400.00$. Two days later i noticed the bank decides to close my account. The check hasnt cleared when they closed the account... i want to know what will happen to the check sine it was still pending. I went to my local branch but they said i need to wait about a week... any ideas i really need help... whats gonna happen next has anyone gone through the same dilemma??
  Was the cashier's check from a Nigerian prince?

  
Wtf, I post this and get neg'd to infinity. Just can't win, always someone trying to keep the man down!

rated:
You created a new ID just for this question?

rated:
clangle said:   $82, $1400.
Don't they teach this stuff in school anymore?

  Not everyone on this forum is in the US...

rated:
marginoferror said:   
clangle said:   $82, $1400.
Don't they teach this stuff in school anymore?

  Not everyone on this forum is in the US...

  Then all the more reason to use the proper currency symbol

rated:
Wow I seen grammar police (I'm one) but Currency Position police?
Wow.

rated:
marginoferror said:   
clangle said:   $82, $1400.
Don't they teach this stuff in school anymore?

  Not everyone on this forum is in the US...

  Reasonable to assume it's located here unless stated otherwise when the only context is Bank of America?

rated:
LiquidSilver said:   
marginoferror said:   
clangle said:   $82, $1400.
Don't they teach this stuff in school anymore?

  Not everyone on this forum is in the US...

  Then all the more reason to use the proper currency symbol

  Probably a non-native English speaker, who wrote it as it's spoken - "eighty two dollars" would be 82 then the dollar sign.  Its hard to blame someone for confusing something thats basically written backwards from how it's spoken.  But you'd think it would take very little casual observation to learn the proper placement.

rated:
Bend3r said:   
marginoferror said:   
clangle said:   $82, $1400.
Don't they teach this stuff in school anymore?

  Not everyone on this forum is in the US...

  Reasonable to assume it's located here unless stated otherwise when the only context is Bank of America?

  True, but the OP may be in the US or have an account here, but be from another country. No reason to call him/her uneducated just because OP puts it after the number which is how many other countries do it.

rated:
LiquidSilver said:   
marginoferror said:   
clangle said:   $82, $1400.
Don't they teach this stuff in school anymore?

  Not everyone on this forum is in the US...

  Then all the more reason to use the proper currency symbol

  OP used the proper currency symbol: "$". The placement was incorrect under US standards, but is correct in many other countries. I don't like nitpicking words and grammar, but people here are essentially attacking OP's intelligence in what appears to be a non-joking manner with no evidence to back it up other than the fact that OP may have written the amount based on the grammatical rules of OP's own nationality.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   Wow I seen grammar police (I'm one) but Currency Position police?
Wow.

  It's important to be clear when dealing with dollars and cents. 
Is it $0.02 or .02c 
Get the drift?  (Hint: there was a very lengthy discussion regarding Big-V on this very subject.)

rated:
shyboi said:   
forbin4040 said:   Wow I seen grammar police (I'm one) but Currency Position police?
Wow.

  It's important to be clear when dealing with dollars and cents. 
Is it $0.02 or .02c 
Get the drift?  (Hint: there was a very lengthy discussion regarding Big-V on this very subject.)

BTW .02c is 100% wrong.  Lets not start making up codes now.

Fighting OP over the position of the $ is like fighting over font sizes.

rated:
20˘ is correct, everything else is garbage.

rated:
It's not just that the currency symbol can be before or after the number but it can be in-between too.

In France at least, you sometimes find prices written as 19€95, as an alternative to 19,95€ (and yes, the decimal separator there, is the comma).

rated:
duplicate post - deleted

rated:
forbin4040 said:   Wow I seen grammar police (I'm one) but Currency Position police?
Wow.

Since you are talking about grammar police - 
  It's "I've seen" or "I have seen", not "I seen"
 

rated:
Kinasharma01 said:   
forbin4040 said:   Wow I seen grammar police (I'm one) but Currency Position police?
Wow.

Since you are talking about grammar police - 
  It's "I've seen" or "I have seen", not "I seen"

  Winner Winner chicken dinner!
I was wondering how long before someone noticed that.  Considering all the people on the Where is does the $ belong bandwagon, you can see how people are just posting to argue instead of reading the posts.

rated:
shyboi said:   
forbin4040 said:   Wow I seen grammar police (I'm one) but Currency Position police?
Wow.

  It's important to be clear when dealing with dollars and cents. 
Is it $0.02 or .02c 
Get the drift?  (Hint: there was a very lengthy discussion regarding Big-V on this very subject.)

  2˘

rated:
forbin4040 said:   Wow I seen grammar police (I'm one) but Currency Position police?
Wow.

  

rated:
marginoferror said:   
 
  OP used the proper currency symbol: "$". The placement was incorrect under US standards, but is correct in many other countries. I don't like nitpicking words and grammar, but people here are essentially attacking OP's intelligence in what appears to be a non-joking manner with no evidence to back it up other than the fact that OP may have written the amount based on the grammatical rules of OP's own nationality.
 

  
Second this.  I'm married to a non-native speaker and it's been a very clear lesson on the realities of learning a new language.  When it comes to simply learning a new word for an existing concept it's not that big a deal.  However, the deeper patterns are much harder to overcome.  When those patterns are in conflict with English she's still quite prone to getting it wrong.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017