• filter:

Annual fee refund because Chase Fairmont changed to Sapphire Preferred

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I got this card in Nov 2015.  Enjoyed the bonus.
Forgot to cancel in Nov 2016 so paid $95 AF.
Now it is getting converted to CSP on Aug 15.
Requested Chase to cancel the card because I won't be getting Fairmont benefits.  And requested a pro-rated refund.  
They flat out refused to give pro-rated refund.

Am I not entitled for the pro-rated refund here?  Or am I missing something?

Edit: Added that I asked them to cancel the card

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
CSP also has a $95 AF, so if you're keeping it, I don't see why you should be entitled to a refund. If you cancel or convert to a no-AF card, then my guess is maybe.

rated:
Yes - I asked them to cancel the card. But they said they will not give prorated refund.

rated:
Chase is keeping the $95 to convince you to keep the account open and that you'll forget to cancel again in November.

rated:
Wrong, but I would still cancel.

rated:
well you technically already received your fairmont benefits on 2/28/2017. Your certs were loaded to your fairmont account that day, so you are not making a solid argument. The best you can do is just cancel the card at this point IMO. But I would call back on August 15th and try again then. Chase is going to be hammered by people canceling their cards around that time, so you may find it easier to get a refund then.

rated:
If you are as displeased as your post indicates, contact Chase Executive offices - maybe Debra Ward or Gerald A. Smith.

Chase Executive Offices 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017