• filter:

A Settlement?  Amex Credit Adjustment for Purchase Finance Changes $117

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Got a 
JUN20 Delta SkyMiles®  Amex Credit Adjustment for Purchase Finance Changes $117? 

A Settlement? 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I was charged $200+ financial charges by American express, just for paying part of my bill ($500) 3 days late. They charged financial charges even on the money I already paid them. They refused to refund or adjust, even the corporate.

I really want to file BBB, but I have hundreds thousands reward points. I will use up my point then fight with them

rated:
kekeli said:   I was charged $200+ financial charges by American express, just for paying part of my bill ($500) 3 days late. They charged financial charges even on the money I already paid them. They refused to refund or adjust, even the corporate.

I really want to file BBB, but I have hundreds thousands reward points. I will use up my point then fight with them

The finance charges accrue upon purchase.
They 'waive' them if the bill is paid in full by the due date.  But the amount is accrued and listed somewhere.

So yes, they have all the right to charge you for all the amount including the amount you previously paid.

rated:
"A settlement"

http://www.16dollarhouse.com/www-aprsettlement-com-submit-claim-...

Perhaps something to do with this?

rated:
yep. Update (6/20/17): On June 20, 2017, American Express issued account credits to eligible Claimants who have current American Express accounts. Eligible Claimants that no longer have a current American Express account will be issued a Settlement check in July, 2017.

got it on wifes acct. only

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017