• filter:

Yodlee Labs RIP July 31 2017

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
The v9 summary dashboard still cannot be beat. Whelp. The end of an era.
==========================
Dear User,As of July 31, 2017, you will no longer be able access your financial data at Yodlee Labs.To access your financial information, all you will need to do is visit money.yodlee.com and log in with your existing user name and password. You won’t have to re-register or add your accounts again.We've also updated our features and security to give you the best experience to maintain your financial wellness. With Money, you can access your financial tools anywhere, anytime, and on any device.We thank you for using Yodlee Labs and hope you enjoy using Money.If you have any questions, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page here.

http://solutions.yodlee.com/FAQ-Page.html
If you would like to download your data from Yodlee Labs, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to moneycenter.yodlee.com
  2. Select Beta from the Time Machine
  3. Click Transactions in the menu
  4. Select All Transactions from the Time Filter drop-down
  5. Click Download

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
They called me in less than 24 hours.  Since I was expecting it, I didn't answer.  I don't plan on talking to them ever.... (more)

quaters (Sep. 18, 2017 @ 1:25p) |

If PC is smart they will end up doing what Yodlee failed to do: Sell the dashboard as a service by itself. I would pay, ... (more)

SummerSoFar (Sep. 18, 2017 @ 2:13p) |

Just took a first pass at setting up PC. It will work I guess, but I will really miss the ability to import utility and ... (more)

SummerSoFar (Sep. 19, 2017 @ 6:14p) |

The following features will no longer be available in Money by Envestnet | Yodlee:

Bill Reminder
Credit Card Utilization
Financial Calendar
Time Machine
FinApp Center
Compare Me
FundsTransfer
BillPay
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Any good alternatives? Everything seems so dumbed down. Any institution offering the older version?

rated:
The new Yodlee is not that different from the old Yodlee. One thing missing is that you cannot see the tags in the main transactions page. That is a deal breaker for me though.

I actually stopped using Yodlee about two months ago (after probably >10 years) after the indefinite (or very long) non-responsiveness of Yodlee support. This was not like this only a year ago. An account of mine stopped updating, and it took them two months to fix it (I believe it was a ten minute fix). So I switched to Mint.

As I said above, seeing the tags in the transactions page was one of the most important things for me. I have the tag "reviewed", which I set after seeing (and accepting) a transaction. So next day I only review trx that does not have the tag. The new Yodlee does not have it. Mint also does not have it, unless you install this: http://warkmilson.com/2015/09/18/displaying-tags-on-mint-transac... An excellent add-on for Mint.

Ironically this is one of the most requested features for Mint, and they are pretty honest to say that they won't do this for the free product while Quicken has it (Quicken apparently shows the un-reviewed transactions as bold). Their andorid app does not have this also (and there is no workaround for it).

Note that I am really impressed with Mint's support. An account of mine stopped updating, and when I contacted them via chat, they immediately opened a support ticket and told me what exactly the problem is, and fixed the problem very quickly. It is actually Quicken support that they use (since they are the same company). Also Mint lets you know if there is activity in your credit report and gives you your score monthly, which Yodlee does not do.

Note that I hate TurboTax after two extremely bad experiences with them. And I don't use Quicken. But I like Mint.

rated:
Personalcapital is good for tracking balances and transactions. Don't see a way on there to get bills due. Be warned that they call you several times to try to upsell you on their investment management services.

rated:
I have not had a chance to check out the "new" Yodlee, thanks oko for your observations. Just about all my bills pay themselves automatically so I only use Yodlee a few times a year to research a transaction or run a spending report. I'll be reading here about others experience with the new and see how it does when I need to use them.

Mint used to be a good consumer-centric place to manage banking and bill pay. In my opinion Mint has become a place for Intuit to sell products that make them money. Recently Mint pushed some third party non traded real estate investment products and I closed out my account. I gave Personalcapital a try a while back and found the financial plan they put together pretty thin and didn't like the idea of some wet behind the ear guy looking at all my finances. Maybe they are ok for just bills and balances.

rated:
This isn't surprising as Yodlee Labs had been running on fumes for the past 5 or more years. Now I need to find a new automatic bill pay solution. My bank (PNC) one sucks because 1) there's no option to pay a credit card in full and 2) Chase doesn't support e-bills. Yodlee could still get bill due amounts and dates because it connected directly to Chase.

Anyone have a good billpay recommendation?

rated:
avhokie said:   This isn't surprising as Yodlee Labs had been running on fumes for the past 5 or more years. Now I need to find a new automatic bill pay solution. My bank (PNC) one sucks because 1) there's no option to pay a credit card in full and 2) Chase doesn't support e-bills. Yodlee could still get bill due amounts and dates because it connected directly to Chase. 

Chase itself doesn't have an autopay option?  (pull vs. push)

rated:
tuphat said:   
avhokie said:   This isn't surprising as Yodlee Labs had been running on fumes for the past 5 or more years. Now I need to find a new automatic bill pay solution. My bank (PNC) one sucks because 1) there's no option to pay a credit card in full and 2) Chase doesn't support e-bills. Yodlee could still get bill due amounts and dates because it connected directly to Chase. 

Chase itself doesn't have an autopay option?  (pull vs. push)

I think it does but I like to manage/view from one place. But that's my secondary concern with PNC. The primary is no ability to automatically pay a card in full. 

rated:
Thanks for posting this. I didn't get the e-mail and I am a heavy user of Yodlee. In addition to what others mentioned here, I use Yodlee (rightly or wrongly) as a password reminder -- basically, if I can't remember my login to a financial account, I login to Yodlee and have it tell me what my information is. It doesn't look like the "updated" Yodlee or Mint will allow me to do that. What are alternative ways to keep all of my financial passwords straight (sort of writing it all down on a piece of paper)?

rated:
ThiftySpender said:   Thanks for posting this. I didn't get the e-mail and I am a heavy user of Yodlee. In addition to what others mentioned here, I use Yodlee (rightly or wrongly) as a password reminder -- basically, if I can't remember my login to a financial account, I login to Yodlee and have it tell me what my information is. It doesn't look like the "updated" Yodlee or Mint will allow me to do that. What are alternative ways to keep all of my financial passwords straight (sort of writing it all down on a piece of paper)?

The ability for any website to tell you your password is bad, as it means that it is not going thru a 1-way hash. With that in mind though it is the only way a man-in-the-middle like Yodlee can web-scrape protected content. If the new Yodlee does not provide this service it may mean that they no longer need to keep unencrypted passwords, which is a very good thing.

Go get yourself a password manager like 1password, Keypass, etc and store the password safe locally (not in a web service or the cloud).

rated:
SummerSoFar said:   
ThiftySpender said:   Thanks for posting this. I didn't get the e-mail and I am a heavy user of Yodlee. In addition to what others mentioned here, I use Yodlee (rightly or wrongly) as a password reminder -- basically, if I can't remember my login to a financial account, I login to Yodlee and have it tell me what my information is. It doesn't look like the "updated" Yodlee or Mint will allow me to do that. What are alternative ways to keep all of my financial passwords straight (sort of writing it all down on a piece of paper)?

The ability for any website to tell you your password is bad, as it means that it is not going thru a 1-way hash. With that in mind though it is the only way a man-in-the-middle like Yodlee can web-scrape protected content. If the new Yodlee does not provide this service it may mean that they no longer need to keep unencrypted passwords, which is a very good thing.

Go get yourself a password manager like 1password, Keypass, etc and store the password safe locally (not in a web service or the cloud).

Agreed. One of my many issues with Yodlee. No other account aggregator does this.

Edit: To clarify, I don't think any account aggregator hashes passwords. They all need to have access to them to log into the 3rd party sites. But none of them will display your passwords back to you. So if someone breaks into my Mint account, they are not going to see my bank passwords. On the other hand, if someone breaks into my Yodlee account, they DO have the ability to see my bank passwords.

rated:
avhokie said:   Edit: To clarify, I don't think any account aggregator hashes passwords. They all need to have access to them to log into the 3rd party sites. But none of them will display your passwords back to you. So if someone breaks into my Mint account, they are not going to see my bank passwords. On the other hand, if someone breaks into my Yodlee account, they DO have the ability to see my bank passwords.

I think you are correct that the new Yodlee is not no longer storing passwords, its just removing the ability for me to retrieve them from their site.  True, if someone breaks into my current Yodlee account, they would be able to see my passwords, but that issue could really be solved by requiring two factor identification for retrieving passwords.  In my view, removing my ability to retrieve my passwords from Yodlee doesn't make my account safer.  It is far far more likely that someone is going to break into Yodlee (or Verizon, the poor security company de jour) and get my and everyone else's passwords on the backend than is a hacker going to try to break into my individual account by trying to guess my Yodlee password.

rated:
The following features will no longer be available in Money by Envestnet | Yodlee:

Bill Reminder
Credit Card Utilization
Financial Calendar
Time Machine
FinApp Center
Compare Me
FundsTransfer
BillPay

rated:
Agreed.  Still use the v9 dashboard.

Decided to give the new site a shot.  Unfortunate, that it double counts some accounts (Vanguard) which makes it totally unusable.

There are a few sites that do I look up passwords for using v9.  I will have to write those down now.  

I'm not sure what I'm going to do, been using yodlee so long, I don't want to lose all my history.

I have a service request in at the new site, hopefully it will be resolved soon.

rated:
oko said:   The new Yodlee is not that different from the old Yodlee. One thing missing is that you cannot see the tags in the main transactions page. That is a deal breaker for me though.

I actually stopped using Yodlee about two months ago (after probably >10 years) after the indefinite (or very long) non-responsiveness of Yodlee support. This was not like this only a year ago. An account of mine stopped updating, and it took them two months to fix it (I believe it was a ten minute fix). So I switched to Mint.

Same here, they used to be very responsive in fixing account probs but in the past year they got really bad so I ditched them.  I'm now just using Fido's FullView which has Yodlee as the backend, it mostly works but has annoying glitches, doesn't seem to be as bad as the Yodlee site so far.  But it's good enough for what I need (investment and bank account aggregation).

rated:
I'm not a Yodlee user, or anything comparable, primarily for the password security issue. There are systems that allow securely delegating access to a 3rd party service without sharing passwords, but they require cooperation all around. I haven't been looking, but don't think there's a very complete option there.

So I do something like SummerSoFar: an offline password manager (mine is Password Safe). It generates and stores all of my passwords. I unlock it with the one strong password I do know and use it to copy & paste. So I've never even seen most of my passwords. Even if you're taking the mint/yodlee style password-sharing risk, you should use a password manager to support using strong unique passwords. Password Safe has additional fields for things like user id, site url, and notes where I store some account numbers and my password-ish info for things like security questions.

I put a backup along with runnable copy of pwsafe on a usb stick for an offline backup or sometimes to take with me on a long trip. You do need some kind of tested recovery like this in case of data loss.

rated:
Another v9 user here. I tried the new site and after almost punching my monitor, I have stopped using it for now.
First, they tell you that you can download the data. I'll do that just in case. Oh, they dont tell you that it is limited to only the last 12 months. Ok, so I try that anyway, get an error page. Go back, logged out. Relogin..every login you get an emailed code. Oh fun. I'm all for security, and turn on two factor when I can. But this was 5 minutes after I had just logged in. Cant IP address or device verification be ok for, say, an hour session? I normally go to yodlee once or twice a month to sort transactions and look at finances, and when I am, I am looking at it for an hour plus and usually time out. This will not be fun.
Then, I try the transaction sorting. Many different categories from v9. In some weird slightly alphabetical sorting but not really, expense and income are mixed it appears. Cant remove categories I dont use, but most annoying is the small window of 4-5 categories to view at a time with, related to not quite alphabetical sorting quip above, makes for a too-frustrating experience for me. On the plus side it has rules, while annoyingly popping up for each transaction category change, that appear to actually work for future auto categorizing, something v9 used to learn but stopped, in my experience. Finally, the transactions load as you scroll down but 3/5 times I scrolled it forgot to load more transactions and I would have to manually reload the page and try to trick it by scrolling slower.
That is as far as I could make it. Havent they had 5 years to work out these kinks? Or is this some new version different from the beta or whatever they tried to push to use years ago?

rated:
I find Personal Capital to be very responsive to problems with site connections.

rated:
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going with Fidelity's Full View at this point. Mint keeps giving me error messages and messes up the positives and negatives of my accounts. For me the most annoying thing with all of the "upgrades" or other sites is that I can no longer view transactions by account. They are all sorted by date and it requires several more clicks to figure out which account it is from.

rated:
ThiftySpender said:   Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going with Fidelity's Full View at this point. Mint keeps giving me error messages and messes up the positives and negatives of my accounts. For me the most annoying thing with all of the "upgrades" or other sites is that I can no longer view transactions by account. They are all sorted by date and it requires several more clicks to figure out which account it is from.
  I hadn't heard of Full View but I just checked it out since I'm a Fidelity customer anyway. This is just Yodlee Money with Fidelity branding.

rated:
avhokie said:   
ThiftySpender said:   Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going with Fidelity's Full View at this point. Mint keeps giving me error messages and messes up the positives and negatives of my accounts. For me the most annoying thing with all of the "upgrades" or other sites is that I can no longer view transactions by account. They are all sorted by date and it requires several more clicks to figure out which account it is from.
  I hadn't heard of Full View but I just checked it out since I'm a Fidelity customer anyway. This is just Yodlee Money with Fidelity branding.

That's right. When one of my accounts in Yodlee did not update for two months or so, I decided to try out Fidelity Full View. I added just that account, and, not surprisingly, it did not update. A message appeared "if this account does not update for two or more days, call us at 1-800-something." This looked weird to me since only "call" was the option, no chat/email/web form to report the issue. But I am pretty sure Yodlee would fix it quickly if Fidelity demanded a fix, since Fidelity is a paying customer while I am not. I did not call though, instead I just switched to Mint as I said in my earlier post.

rated:
Yodlee has been a disaster for years now and wouldn't work with half my accounts. Finally took the plunge and just deleted my account altogether today. Good riddance.

rated:
I had used Yodlee Moneycenter v9 for 11? or more years, was involved in beta trials over the years, even got a shirt back when phazelhurst was employed there and active on the forums (here and Yodlee's). After multiple published hacks of my email provider, I tried to switch email addresses associated with my Yodlee account. I was locked out for months, went back and forth with multiple Yodlee CSRs, even had them call me as we tried to diagnose the issue preventing me from unlocking my account. Finally gave up, deleted my account and moved to Mint. I will miss all my tailored excel scripts that would take my monthly transactions from Yodlee and make a better budget/net worth tracker than their default one.

End of an era.

rated:
The feature that I will miss the most from Yodlee Labs is Bill Pay. Theirs is so much better than my bank's. Yodlee can do Chase e-bills, while most banks can't. And more importantly, Yodlee allows me to automatically pay credit cards in full while my bank can only automatically pay a minimum (or preset amount).

Are there any other bank bill pays that let you automatically pay credit cards in full? I'd be willing to switch banks for this.

rated:
Don't forget to download you transaction history from the old Yodlee until July 31st. The new Yodlee keeps only 1 year of history.

Note that if you have a long history of transactions, when you click on "download", it seems like the browser is frozen for a few minutes. Just be patient, the csv file will appear after a few minutes. I wish they put something like "please wait" or hourglass.

rated:
oko said:   Don't forget to download you transaction history from the old Yodlee until July 31st. The new Yodlee keeps only 1 year of history.

Actually, intended or not, it turns out that you can request your entire txn history but only up to 12 months at a time (ex 01/01/2009 - 12/31/2009)

rated:
SummerSoFar said:     
Actually, intended or not, it turns out that you can request your entire txn history but only up to 12 months at a time (ex 01/01/2009 - 12/31/2009)

Thanks for the correction, I did not notice that. So I guess the purpose is "maximize user unfriendliness". This is the only explanation I have since they have a product that they are discontinuing that has more features than the "new and enhanced" product.

Someone in this forum previously told that Yodlee uses the free users as a test subjects for paying customers (like Fidelity). I guess he was right. Also it is not that fair to complain about a free product. It was okay when it lasted. Fortunately there are alternatives.

rated:
oko said:   
SummerSoFar said:     

Thanks for the correction, I did not notice that. So I guess the purpose is "maximize user unfriendliness". This is the only explanation I have since they have a product that they are discontinuing that has more features than the "new and enhanced" product.

I didn't realize this restriction.  I was hoping you could search for keywords of transactions throughout your whole history.  I seem to look up transactions for tax and investment purposes often without remembering the year they occurred.    This new 12 month restriction is a game changer... 

I will have to download my whole history into CSV now, I can't use the new yodlee interface to search.

Paying for a product like yodlee v9 would be money well spent for me.  I'm happy to pay for a product that has value.

rated:
Anyone else having the Investments double counting accounts?

Funny thing is the Net worth calculation is correct, but the investment section is wrong.

I've sent a second service request now.

rated:
quaters said:   Anyone else having the Investments double counting accounts?

Funny thing is the Net worth calculation is correct, but the investment section is wrong.

Try deleting the institution & relinking it.

rated:
FMXP said:   
quaters said:   Anyone else having the Investments double counting accounts?

Try deleting the institution & relinking it.

I thought about that, but don't want to lose all the history of the accounts.  

rated:
oko said:   Don't forget to download you transaction history from the old Yodlee until July 31st. The new Yodlee keeps only 1 year of history.

Thanks for the reminder.  Downloaded all of my history hopefully the new system makes some changes.

rated:
Please add Running Balance to the list. The deal-breaker for me....

rated:
Last day.

rated:
And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

/boondocksaints

rated:
Still working for me.. maybe they forgot to turn it off...

rated:
Still working as of the date/time of this message. I only use it to keep track of my networth which is basically the balance of all my bank/brokerage accounts and it's been working pretty well other than data update issues which has also been resolved even though the support representatives keeps telling me that July 31, 2017 is the date of death for Yodlee MoneyCenter and to use Money instead. I am still using the 9x production version.

rated:
ArthurDent said:   Personalcapital is good for tracking balances and transactions. Don't see a way on there to get bills due. Be warned that they call you several times to try to upsell you on their investment management services.
Personal Capital Representative:  "Would you like us to manage your money?"
David: "I've been doing it myself for so long, I can't see why I would pay someone else to do it for me at this time."
Personal Capital Representative: "Our portfolios beat the market because they are not based on capital weighted indexes"
David: "I can't find anything on your site that shows performance."
Personal Capital Representative:  "I will send you a link."
Later, I look at the link and after reading the fine print, I confirm with the personal capital representative:
David: "So, the performance comparison shows performance net of Personal Capitals actual expenses of .89% against an ETF benchmark portfolio where you also net .8% of "hypothetical" expenses.  That means if I buy my own ETFs as I do, I won't have to pay those hypothetical expenses and the performance numbers would handily beat the personal capital numbers.  In essence, to have you manage my money, I would be paying more real fees, to receive less actual performance."
Personal Capital Representative...stopped communicating with me.

rated:
DavidScubadiver said:   
ArthurDent said:   Personalcapital is good for tracking balances and transactions. Don't see a way on there to get bills due. Be warned that they call you several times to try to upsell you on their investment management services.
Personal Capital Representative:  "Would you like us to manage your money?"
<snip>
David: "So, the performance comparison shows performance net of Personal Capitals actual expenses of .89% against an ETF benchmark portfolio where you also net .8% of "hypothetical" expenses.  That means if I buy my own ETFs as I do, I won't have to pay those hypothetical expenses and the performance numbers would handily beat the personal capital numbers.  In essence, to have you manage my money, I would be paying more real fees, to receive less actual performance."
Personal Capital Representative...stopped communicating with me.

I should try that. I gave them a google voice number that I don't actively use, and they call about every 3 weeks or so and leave a message that pops up in my gmail. It's not that much of an inconvenience, but it is vaguely irritating. I tried them a while ago to see if they would do better than Mint with accurately tracking our Vanguard accounts, when I was looking for a potential alternative to Yodlee, and I wish I hadn't bothered. (My husband and I have both individual and joint Vanguard accounts, and the joint accounts show up for each of our log-in information. That's useful in terms of managing our investments, but irksome when Mint counts the same money twice.)

Skipping 53 Messages...
rated:
Just took a first pass at setting up PC. It will work I guess, but I will really miss the ability to import utility and points/miles/rewards accounts. And the dashboard just isn't as useful.

Yodlee, I already hate you for giving up so easily.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017