• filter:

Account in collections

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I was a T-Mobile subscriber but had poor service at home.  They sent a wifi hotspot.  Worked OK.  But I returned it and tried a signal booster.  Terrible, so I returned it and got a wifi hotspot again.  A year later I ended service with TMobile and returned the final device.  They billed me for the second device.  I could not find documentation (it was returned a year prior) and they were researching.  The next thing I hear is a letter from a collections company.

A week later I find the missing device - I had NOT returned it.

T-Mobile is saying they don't want it back.  The collections company doesn't want it (they want $).

Am I stuck with paying the cost to the collections agency?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Pretty much yup.

rated:
MarcRobson said:   T-Mobile is saying they don't want it back.  The collections company doesn't want it (they want $).

You can try again with T-Mobile (perhaps with a more sympathetic rep). But most likely that ship has sailed; would have had a better shot at it if you had realized this at the time of cancellation of service.

The collection company is not going to take anything other than dollars!

rated:
tmobile dont want it back cuz they know it is a piece of crap!!!

rated:
You dropped the ball here. Cheap lesson. That sucks though OP. Good luck and hopefully they will remove the derogatory remark for an honest mistake.

rated:
Tweet at the T-Mobile CEO (John Legere). He's very active on social media, might be able to help you out.

rated:
sell the device on eBay to pay off collections

rated:
cjchaps said:   sell the device on eBay to pay off collections
  Might not have much value as most TMobile phones have WiFi access built in.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017