• filter:

ACH for direct deposit

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
How do you make an ACH transfer to satisfy the direct deposit requirement for checking accounts to qualify for sign-up bonuses. Let's say I have Capital One money market account, and I opened an account at Citibank that requires a direct deposit to get a sign-up bonus. Both accounts are in my name. Can I just send an ACH out of my Capital One account to the new Citibank account?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/knowledge-base/list-methods-banks-...

probably one of the better databases out there

rated:
Yes.

rated:
scripta said:   Yes.
  Usually.  

Some FIs are on to our shenanigans and require something closer to real employer or government direct deposit, but most FIs are still locked into the old lumbering Fortran world of the 1970s where they can't tell the difference (or don't care).  DoC's database is good and you can gain some insights here also:  https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/432086

rated:
Some banks accept an ACH push from another bank as satisfying a direct deposit requirement but more and more require something like a payroll or social security deposit.

Years ago I got lucky with Popular Community Bank. I set up an ACH connection with another bank. As soon as they saw those two test deposits of a few cents each, they credited me with the direct deposit bonus. I didn't expect that.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017