• filter:

Question about Amazon.com 3rd Party Seller who give full refunds for damaged book,marked item as returned, when its not?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I had requested either an replacement copy, Amazon has the place under†Contact Seller†Replacement item wanted - damaged or defective item

This item is damaged or defective. Please send me a replacement. If you want the original item back, please authorize a return and provide return shipping instructions.
but the seller never respond back to this , within the email I did wrote that either an replacement was wanted or an full refund for the item since it came damaged, price was low on book item, but it was marked as very good condition, with description of ††
Condition: Used - Very Good - Book is in great condition. Shipping from
seller respond back with only†
Re:inquiry from Amazon customer
I apologize. I didn't realize the binding was coming apart. I have refunded the full amount,†

below I explain more about it, again it was an used book at a low price from an 3rd party seller then the rest of the used prices are a bit higher for this item but again my question has to do with the fact that an full refund was given and I got an refund email message from Amazon that reads reason for refund as Customer returned item which was a lie since it was never returned , I just emailed the seller amazons damaged customer message about the book product, as far as I know I don't have to return it since it came damaged and seller never requested the damaged book back which has major damage to the spine or binding of this book and would cost me more to return the item than what I paid for it.

I order an used book, and the item was marked as very good condition, the spine of the book was damaged, now when the seller did refund me but it shows up as an return, but I never returned the item, I asked the seller first for an replacement book, they didnít respond to the replacement book Amazon email at all, but they did reply back with the message saying they didnít no the item was in an damaged state being that the spine was broken and they gave me my Amazon gift card money back but from amazons message about the refund they marked it as an return, when I still have the book and the seller didnít provide me with any return request on Amazon, it would cost me more to send the book back then say keep the damaged item, plus the seller never asked for it back, can the refunds reading reason for refund Customer return cause me the buyer any problems in the long run using my Amazon account I was wondering if somehow that could cause me problems buying from the 3rd party Amazon sellers, if I keep getting damaged books when buying very good condition items, since clearly it was an lie the seller marked the item as customer returned when as I get back the money right away with the fact it was paid using Amazon gift cards I got from bing.com searches, I am an student who is buying books and I just happened to get an bad seller that sold me an damaged library book that was not in an very good condition and also happened to have an damaged spine where the book needs some fixing , it is readable but the
binding was coming apart inside this book? thatís my question is it ok that the seller refund me but marked the item as if I had returned it which is not true at all, since its still in my home and an return was never requested by the seller and they didnít provide me with any type of package to return the item in either, so I guess I am to keep the item, or just buy an new copy of this book and get ride of the damaged book since not really sure if you can repair books when the binding starts coming apart myself, below is apart of the email on Amazon that shows show it displays an refund item when seller sold an damage item, again I didnít have to return it at all, since the seller just emails you that they are giving you an full refund, they didnít even tell me if they had an replacement copy to send me, right now this title costs more on Amazon to buy again, the other 3rd party seller are charging more for the used item then they seller happened to sell it to me for, I guess that may of been a sign that their was something wrong with this item but from the text in very good condition, it said the book was in good shape, also the condition information never told me it was an library copy of this book, I was trying to buy an non-library copy of this book, but for some reason it looks like the 3rd party sellers donít have to tell you if its either an library copy or ex-library copyís only some 3rd party sellers tell you that your buying an library copy the rest of them donít ever tell you that their used books are library books, which is sad for the buyers since you never no what type of used book the seller going to send you for whatever price they list it as.

This below is the Amazon.com email text reading, this titled "Refund on order **MyBooksNumberHere**"

This refund is for the following item(s):
Item: An Book
Quantity: 1
ASIN: 0000000000
Reason for refund: Customer return
Hereís the breakdown of your refund for this item:
Shipping Refund: $
Item Refund: $
Notes: I apologize for the damage. I didnít realize that the binding was coming apart. I have provided a full refund. Thanks
Weíll apply your refund to the following payment method(s):
Gift Card: $
This amount has been credited.
The amount credited to your Gift Card balance should be automatically applied to your next eligible order on our website.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Troll, please stop responding to thread and bumping it everyone.

gludlow (Jul. 17, 2017 @ 10:16a) |

OP is bent out of shape because the seller closed the case with a notation the book was returned, and he apparently thin... (more)

Glitch99 (Jul. 17, 2017 @ 11:28a) |

Instead of reading that book from Amazon, OP is now writing a book on fatwallet.

BTPlayer (Jul. 21, 2017 @ 2:36p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Cliffs?

rated:
Congrats on the free book!

rated:
Not reading your novel....

rated:
You didn't get a bad seller, you got a seller who doesn't invest a lot of time in assessing the quality and other details of items like used books. When you pointed out your book's bad quality, you got a prompt refund, no hassle. The seller probably doesn't have a stack of the same title, so replacement isn't an option.

I don't often post reviews, but a seller who resolves a problem so well is likely to get a positive review from me. When I buy, those are the kind of reviews that I like to see.

I'm curious why you care if it was an ex-library book? I avoid ones that are remaindered, but as a reader, I've never paid attention to library or even book club edition status.

rated:
Hopefully your book is this one - "Write Right!: A Desktop Digest of Punctuation, Grammar, and Style, 4th Edition", and although slightly damaged is still readable. †If so, please read it before making another post.

rated:
SlimTim said:   
You didn't get a bad seller, you got a seller who doesn't invest a lot of time in assessing the quality and other details of items like used books. When you pointed out your book's bad quality, you got a prompt refund, no hassle.†

† it's win win with these guys, since sometimes you get a book in mint condition thats advertised as "good"†

rated:
You got a quick refund.

Mistakes happen.

There is no need to return the book if the seller does not want it. Shipping would probably cost more than the book is worth.

rated:
jerosen said:   Shipping would probably cost more than the book is worth.
† That's the key.† Why would you expect the seller to bother with paying to ship back a book that he now knows is damaged and cant be resold at the same price?† In fact, he probably just gambled with a liberal description and hoped the buyer would let it slide, for a book he'd otherwise just trash anyways.†

Why are you so worried that the seller has marked it as having been returned?† Are you seriously trying to call out the seller for not spending even more money to get the book back?† You did return the book and received the refund, and the seller essentially told you to put it in the trash for him to cut out the expense of re-shipping something that isnt resellable.

You should be giving top ratings to this seller for the quick service, not causing him grief.

rated:
This, in a (somewhat long-winded) nutshell, is why i don't like selling on eBay/Amazon anymore.

rated:
Why are you so worried that the seller has marked it as having been returned?

if you get a lot of full refunds of many damaged used books than just one title marked either as good condition or very good condition but if they come damaged, and each seller is marking it as returned when they do their refunds on the books the question is will Amazon†start baning the buyer for asking for their money back when items start coming to their home as damaged , theirs an chance that Amazon†will ban you as a bad buyer by blocking your name from Amazon†buyer accounts and close your buyer account , and use their special Amazon†administers ((either located in the USA, or the UK or whatever they do their jobs online from)) to keep your buyer account closed, or at least that what I guess the fear is in this case, it may not be true since I don't really no if Amazon†keeps track on sellers who give you an full refund for damaged items like books as buyer returned item when its not true, the seller maybe marking these not true returned items as lossed products, as if they espect you to send it back, but no your not going to so they get money from Amazon†by claiming that the buyer should of sent the item back when they give you your Amazon†gift cards money back, that's what I think this buyer may be wondering about, in this case it happens to just be one book that came damaged and maybe it doesn't happen that much but when it does the question is why is the seller marking the damaged items as Reason for refund: Customer return , the buyer is questing in his mind why this seller marks the item in this mannor in the refund email under amazons email system.

my point is why is it customer return instead of Reason for refund: damage book or binding damage etc.. instead in the refund Amazon†email instead of the seller is marking it as returned why is it marked as an return when the seller knows that the buyer still has the item, and no return was requested by either the seller or the buyer in this case why do this do this?

rated:
cherry3m said:   Cliffs?
OP is upset about getting a free book.††

rated:
Who's Cliffs??
is that the name of the new doctor who and on that note I also don't like that the 13th doctor who is going to be an woman I think its going to kill the series, I just don't think that's going to go over well, I think the last show I going to watch is the Christmas special with the 12th doctor who and the 1th doctor who, afterwards I am not sure about it, I know I went offtopic from amazons 3rd party sellers about the damaged book thing, anyway back on topic below

this buyer is not upset about getting an free book, since its spine binding was damaged and the book itself is failing apart in fact the buyer me who wrote this question up about Reason for refund: Customer return , instead of etc.. Customer got damaged book it could of been worded, I am the customer plan on ordering an new book copy of it for that very reason anyway and hope next time its not an library book they send me if I keep buying used books that is, and getting throwing out the damaged book, since again not only was it damaged but also an library book that was not even in very good condition like the seller had it marked as, and even thou I got an full refund, I feel like I need to order another copy of the same title since, I don't like either damaged books or library book versions, not are not even clean pages etc..

I just wanted to point out that reason for writing has nothing to do with that, I just felt like I need to express myself somewhere else about it than Amazon itself.

rated:
Hopefully your book is this one - "Write Right!: A Desktop Digest of Punctuation, Grammar, and Style, 4th Edition", and although slightly damaged is still readable. †If so, please read it before making another post.

The answer to this question is no, and that's the last reply I be making about this topic, so please go ahead and guess an random title again, if you sold someone at damaged binding title like this, please update your English 1A class etc.. but really joking aside , I am an learning disabled student and may have some writing problems but anyway I order an book that an fiction story about something which is not the title above to give you an clue about my random very good condtion library book that came with an binding or as I worded it damage spine, clearly the seller never read amazons rules under Condition (Learn more) Amazons General Condition Guidelines, notice that page reads that spine has to be undamaged under very good Condition , and yes when I did the whole report thing I sent the seller an jpg image showing where the binding was coming apart and they did the whole full refund thing but marked the item title as Reason for refund: Customer return which was not true in any case. I this link helps as an buyer I look at it for when I wonder the state of the book should be and amazons rules about books, it seems some buyer or sellers don't no about†Amazons General Condition Guidelines for used books they can sell to me the buyer, in any case I am expressing myself here again, last reply I plan on talking about here, have an great day ok

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=olp_cg_...

Books - New and Used
In addition to the General Condition Guidelines, the following guidelines apply:

New: A brand-new, unused, unread copy in perfect condition. The dust cover and original protective wrapping, if any, is intact. All supplementary materials are included and all access codes for electronic material, if applicable, are valid and/or in working condition. Books with markings of any kind on the cover or pages, books marked as "Bargain" or "Remainder," or with any other labels attached, may not be listed as New condition.
Used - Like New: Dust cover is intact, with no nicks or tears. Spine has no signs of creasing. Pages are clean and not marred by notes or folds of any kind. May contain remainder marks on outside edges, which should be noted in listing comments.
Used - Very Good: Pages and dust cover are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine is undamaged.
Used - Good: All pages and cover are intact (including the dust cover, if applicable). Spine may show signs of wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. May include "From the library of" labels.
Used - Acceptable: All pages and the cover are intact, but the dust cover may be missing. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting, but the text cannot be obscured or unreadable.
Unacceptable: Includes missing pages and obscured or unreadable text. We also do not permit the sale of advance reading copies, including uncorrected proofs, of in-print or not-yet-published books.

Note: Some electronic material access codes are valid only for one user. For this reason, used books, including books listed in the Used Ė Like New condition, may not come with functional electronic material access codes.

rated:
WTF happened here?

rated:
Glitch99 said:   WTF happened here?
OP somehow got on the Enterprise by mistake when Kirk took it back to 20th century. Kirk and Spock couldn't figure out how to take him back to exact timeline they picked him from, so they dropped him in 21st century. In 20th century where OP is from, online retailers didn't exist, so OP isn't used to Amazon Sellers refunding for damaged goods and not demanding returns. OP is concern that Amazon will close his account, because in Amazon's system the book is marked as returned, but in reality it was damaged.††

rated:
Kinasharma01 said:   
OP somehow got on the Enterprise†by mistake when Kirk took it back to 20th century. Kirk and Spock couldn't figure out how to take him back to exact timeline they picked him from, so they dropped him in 21st century. In 20th century where OP is from, online retailers didn't exist, so OP isn't used to Amazon†Sellers refunding for damaged goods and not demanding returns. OP is concern that Amazon†will close his account, because in Amazon†'s system the book is marked as returned, but in reality it was damaged.††

† I was more referring to the last 3 posts by OP, clearly as the OP, but using 2 different brand new alt-IDs.† And something about women named Cliff killing Dr Who in Christmas specials.

rated:
Cocaine is a helluva drug

rated:
youmyremovedpost said:   I had requested either an replacement copy, Amazon†has the place under†Contact Seller†Replacement item wanted - damaged or defective item

This item is damaged or defective. Please send me a replacement. If you want the original item back, please authorize a return and provide return shipping instructions.
but the seller never respond back to this , within the email I did wrote that either an replacement was wanted or an full refund for the item since it came damaged, price was low on book item, but it was marked as very good condition, with description of ††
Condition: Used - Very Good - Book is in great condition. Shipping from
seller respond back with only†
Re:inquiry from Amazon†customer
I apologize. I didn't realize the binding was coming apart. I have refunded the full amount,†

below I explain more about it, again it was an used book at a low price from an 3rd party seller then the rest of the used prices are a bit higher for this item but again my question has to do with the fact that an full refund was given and I got an refund email message from Amazon†that reads reason for refund as Customer returned item which was a lie since it was never returned , I just emailed the seller amazons damaged customer message about the book product, as far as I know I don't have to return it since it came damaged and seller never requested the damaged book back which has major damage to the spine or binding of this book and would cost me more to return the item than what I paid for it.

I order an used book, and the item was marked as very good condition, the spine of the book was damaged, now when the seller did refund me but it shows up as an return, but I never returned the item, I asked the seller first for an replacement book, they didnít respond to the replacement book Amazon†email at all, but they did reply back with the message saying they didnít no the item was in an damaged state being that the spine was broken and they gave me my Amazon†gift card money back but from amazons message about the refund they marked it as an return, when I still have the book and the seller didnít provide me with any return request on Amazon,†it would cost me more to send the book back then say keep the damaged item, plus the seller never asked for it back, can the refunds reading reason for refund Customer return cause me the buyer any problems in the long run using my Amazon†account I was wondering if somehow that could cause me problems buying from the 3rd party Amazon†sellers, if I keep getting damaged books when buying very good condition items, since clearly it was an lie the seller marked the item as customer returned when as I get back the money right away with the fact it was paid using Amazon†gift cards I got from bing.com searches, I am an student who is buying books and I just happened to get an bad seller that sold me an damaged library book that was not in an very good condition and also happened to have an damaged spine where the book needs some fixing , it is readable but the
binding was coming apart inside this book? thatís my question is it ok that the seller refund me but marked the item as if I had returned it which is not true at all, since its still in my home and an return was never requested by the seller and they didnít provide me with any type of package to return the item in either, so I guess I am to keep the item, or just buy an new copy of this book and get ride of the damaged book since not really sure if you can repair books when the binding starts coming apart myself, below is apart of the email on Amazon†that shows show it displays an refund item when seller sold an damage item, again I didnít have to return it at all, since the seller just emails you that they are giving you an full refund, they didnít even tell me if they had an replacement copy to send me, right now this title costs more on Amazon†to buy again, the other 3rd party seller are charging more for the used item then they seller happened to sell it to me for, I guess that may of been a sign that their was something wrong with this item but from the text in very good condition, it said the book was in good shape, also the condition information never told me it was an library copy of this book, I was trying to buy an non-library copy of this book, but for some reason it looks like the 3rd party sellers donít have to tell you if its either an library copy or ex-library copyís only some 3rd party sellers tell you that your buying an library copy the rest of them donít ever tell you that their used books are library books, which is sad for the buyers since you never no what type of used book the seller going to send you for whatever price they list it as.

This below is the Amazon.†com email text reading, this titled "Refund on order **MyBooksNumberHere**"

This refund is for the following item(s):
Item: An Book
Quantity: 1
ASIN: 0000000000
Reason for refund: Customer return
Hereís the breakdown of your refund for this item:
Shipping Refund: $
Item Refund: $
Notes: I apologize for the damage. I didnít realize that the binding was coming apart. I have provided a full refund. Thanks
Weíll apply your refund to the following payment method(s):
Gift Card: $
This amount has been credited.
The amount credited to your Gift Card balance should be automatically applied to your next eligible order on our website.

††
So, just to make sure I understand the problem;

1. You ordered a book, but it came in worse condition that was promised. †
2.†You complained, and the seller apologized and refunded your money.
3. What you really wanted was a replacement book, though, since other copies of that book are more expensive.

Is that correct?

rated:
WOT. It's not an FN novel. It's about a novel.

I'll be that person then. Learn how to write & express yourself concisely.

rated:
zapjb said:   WOT. It's not an FN novel. It's about a novel.

I'll be that person then. Learn how to write & express yourself concisely.

† Relax Fortunately, cestmoi123 did that for us although I think he might have got one thing wrong. OP wanted the seller to send him a label so that he could pack the book, print the label, stick it on the package and ship it. OR the return reason to say "I screwed up. Keep the book. Here is your money. Expletive You".

rated:
Kinasharma01 said:   
OP somehow got on the Enterprise†by mistake when Kirk took it back to 20th century. Kirk and Spock couldn't figure out how to take him back to exact timeline they picked him from, so they dropped him in 21st century. In 20th century where OP is from, online retailers didn't exist, so OP isn't used to Amazon†Sellers refunding for damaged goods and not demanding returns. OP is concern that Amazon†will close his account, because in Amazon†'s system the book is marked as returned, but in reality it was damaged.††

† Ooh. I guess OP had to change names - one for each of the three timelines he existed in.

rated:
Kinasharma01 said:   Kinasharma01 said:   

† Ooh. I guess OP had to change names - one for each of the three timelines he existed in.

I think one of the alts had a goatee.

rated:
Troll, please stop responding to thread and bumping it everyone.

rated:
cestmoi123 said:   
So, just to make sure I understand the problem;

1. You ordered a book, but it came in worse condition that was promised. †
2.†You complained, and the seller apologized and refunded your money.
3. What you really wanted was a replacement book, though, since other copies of that book are more expensive.

Is that correct?

OP is bent out of shape because the seller closed the case with a notation the book was returned, and he apparently thinks "returned" has to mean "physically shipped back" and thus it's a lie. Even though it has absolutely no effect on him whatsoever, since in this context "return" and "refund" are both synonyms for "get your money back".

rated:
Instead of reading that book from Amazon, OP is now writing a book on fatwallet.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017