• filter:

Home Renters Insurance - Arizona

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Landlord wants me to purchase Renters Insurance including liability during lease renewal.  He is willing to sell it to me or I can purchase outside.  
Property is in Phoenix, Arizona.  Does anyone have recommendations or tips on purchasing a renters insurance policy  fatwallet way (company to purchase from, coverage, price range, etc).

Thanks in advance.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
if he's smart, he'll ask you to put him as named insured. Usually costs my tenants $100-$200 a year for the basics, you can add coverage for any thing real valuable you have.

rated:
Some car insurers also sell renters insurance. I got a small (10%?) discount in my renters insurance when bundled with car insurance.
Typical renters insurance here in Oregon is about $120 - $150, depending on coverage.

rated:
I had renters in AZ about 9 years ago - just got it bundled with my car insurance and got minimum coverage (I didn't have much to insure anyways). Cost ~$9 a month.

rated:
Thanks. Gave green.

rated:
rufflesinc said:   if he's smart, he'll ask you to put him as named insured. Usually costs my tenants $100-$200 a year for the basics, you can add coverage for any thing real valuable you have.
  I think "Additional Interest" would be more likely/appropriate than Named Insured  Additional Interest would notify the landlord in the event that the policy is cancelled, which is what is normally required.  Listing them as Named Insured can cause issues during a claims process because, depending on specific state law, a claim check would be written to all the named insureds.  Since a tenant policy is only meant to cover the tenant's liability and possessions (and various other coverages), the person/company that owns the home wouldn't usually be considered a Named Insured. 

rated:
In CA, USAA offers liability renters ~$5 month if your looking for minimum only otherwise might even be "free" if you have auto policy due to discount if your insurer discounts auto side with multipolicy

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017