• filter:

check u student loans, one loan owner lost paperwork, may not collect

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Tens of thousands of people who took out private loans to pay for college but have not been able to keep up payments may get their debts wiped away because critical paperwork is missing.The troubled loans, which total at least $5 billion, are at the center of a protracted legal dispute between the student borrowers and a group of creditors who have aggressively pursued them in court after they fell behind on payments.

At the center of the storm is one of the nationís largest owners of private student loans, the National Collegiate Student Loan Trusts. It is struggling to prove in court that it has the legal paperwork showing ownership of its loans, which were originally made by banks and then sold to investors.†

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/17/business/dealbook/student-loan-debt-collection.html

check u paperwork!!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
hmmm i had PHEAA but switched over UHEAA (FWF deal). Was supposed to get loan forgiveness after 20 yrs repayment although they seem to not know anything about it when i call.

rated:
vickh said:   hmmm i had PHEAA but switched over UHEAA (FWF deal). Was supposed to get loan forgiveness after 20 yrs repayment although they seem to not know anything about it when i call.You didn't keep your own records?

rated:
scripta said:   
vickh said:   hmmm i had PHEAA but switched over UHEAA (FWF deal). Was supposed to get loan forgiveness after 20 yrs repayment although they seem to not know anything about it when i call.
You didn't keep your own records?

††
Would a FWF link count †Also isn't the point of this thread is lost records

Jokes aside I didn't know it was a "special" program but standard†

rated:
thought i heard it was private student loans. i paid off my federal. i'm free from my shackles...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017